• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUTDATED] Root 2.2.1 and get Data WORKING!!!

EVERYONE USING THIS METHOD AND ROM WILL NOT GET SERVICE YOU DO NOT WANT NOR NEED THIS WAY ANYMORE THERE ARE SO MANY EXTRA STEPS INVOLVED WITH THIS ITS NOT WORTH USING ANYMORE.

IF YOU USED THIS AND HAVE NO SERVICE THE EASIEST WAY TO GET SERVICE BACK IS TO DOWNLOAD AND PUT ON THE TRUE STOCK 2.2.1 ROM
OPTIMUS M STOCK ROM.7z
THIS IS ZIPPED SO YOU WILL NEED TO UNZIP IT.

Upvote 0
EVERYONE USING THIS METHOD AND ROM WILL NOT GET SERVICE YOU DO NOT WANT NOR NEED THIS WAY ANYMORE THERE ARE SO MANY EXTRA STEPS INVOLVED WITH THIS ITS NOT WORTH USING ANYMORE.

IF YOU USED THIS AND HAVE NO SERVICE THE EASIEST WAY TO GET SERVICE BACK IS TO DOWNLOAD AND PUT ON THE TRUE STOCK 2.2.1 ROM
OPTIMUS M STOCK ROM.7z
THIS IS ZIPPED SO YOU WILL NEED TO UNZIP IT.

Dood it's futile posting that here. People are bricking their phone because they are too ****ing lazy to read. I really can't stand the **** that it'll take me 5 whole minutes to read that shit attitude, but sadly thats what people do.

Lazy bastards need to start reading if they want to stop bricking phones. The only way to tell them this would be to make a new post and get to the point in less than 10 words... lol

Upvote 0
The info is pretty easy to get, it's just that people get confused easily on what they do. I had to read it over for about 5 hours or so. Then I got enough courage to unbrick it, and I was pretty lucky to get back my service. I should go tell the people at clockwork to put a message when you start it up that says: "DO NOT USE ON LG OPTIMUS M! YOU WILL RESORT TO GOING ON TO ANDROIDFORUMS" xD

Upvote 0
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I HAVE NO SERVICE IM ON THE SDK PART I HAVE WINDOWS 7 32BIT AND SAYS I NEED TO DOWNLOAD SOME TYPE OF JAVA CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A DIRECT LINK TO ONE TO DOWNLOAD NOTHING IS WORKING ): IF NOT IS THERE A WAY I CAN JUST GET SERVICE BACK TO THE WAY IT ONCE WAS ROOTED OR NOT IT DOESNT MATTER TO ME JUST WANT TO GET SERVICE BACK ALSO I TRYED THE COMMAND PROMPT IT DOESNT FIND ADB SHELL OR THE cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
PLEASE HELP ME

Upvote 0
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I HAVE NO SERVICE IM ON THE SDK PART I HAVE WINDOWS 7 32BIT AND SAYS I NEED TO DOWNLOAD SOME TYPE OF JAVA CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A DIRECT LINK TO ONE TO DOWNLOAD NOTHING IS WORKING ): IF NOT IS THERE A WAY I CAN JUST GET SERVICE BACK TO THE WAY IT ONCE WAS ROOTED OR NOT IT DOESNT MATTER TO ME JUST WANT TO GET SERVICE BACK ALSO I TRYED THE COMMAND PROMPT IT DOESNT FIND ADB SHELL OR THE cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
PLEASE HELP ME
Look here and see if this helps: http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...-restore-service-if-youve-lost-your-meid.html

Upvote 0
This thread is an older/more complicated option for rooting an LG Optimus M with version 2.2.1

Please be advised that a quicker/easier option is available and highly recommended.

Easily Root your Optimus M 1-click Root Optimus m With Gingerbreak
Then Install Custom Recovery Finally Custom Recovery for 2.2.1 stock phones !!!!!!

If you put this rom on you will not have service, use
http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/409145-downgrading-putting-stock-rom.html

Upvote 0
the cdma workshop wont open it keeps sayin (error while loading target or time out problem. control main file and retry)
you have to extract it with your anti-virus off. And also, when i use it, i turn off my anti-virus. It works fine for me and it doesn't put a virus on your computer, i made sure to check that. So if you still have the downloaded zip just re-extract it with anti-virus off.

Upvote 0
Hi I'm JEFII, a noob on AndroidForums but I do have enough knowledge of android to not be a noob in the android world. I have a problem though, I'm trying to downgrade my lg opt m 2.2.2 because I can't be rooted so far as we all know but I can't get past the step where you register the MS690.dll file onto the reggie.exe file. Every time I attempt this I recieve a pop-up window displaying "HRESULT==0x80020009 Exception occurred." May anybody help me out? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Upvote 0
Hey joneidy,
Thanks for the post. I've been trying to root my Metro PCS LG-MS690 M 2.2.2 phone for months and have not succeeded yet. I followed all the steps you have given us, but when I click START the LGNPST program asks me for my phone's "SPC". I don't know what that is and was hoping you or someone in the thread could help me out. It would be a nice way to start 2012 haha
Take care everyone,

IkkiFenixx13

Upvote 0
Hi I'm JEFII, a noob on AndroidForums but I do have enough knowledge of android to not be a noob in the android world. I have a problem though, I'm trying to downgrade my lg opt m 2.2.2 because I can't be rooted so far as we all know but I can't get past the step where you register the MS690.dll file onto the reggie.exe file. Every time I attempt this I recieve a pop-up window displaying "HRESULT==0x80020009 Exception occurred." May anybody help me out? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Hey joneidy,
Thanks for the post. I've been trying to root my Metro PCS LG-MS690 M 2.2.2 phone for months and have not succeeded yet. I followed all the steps you have given us, but when I click START the LGNPST program asks me for my phone's "SPC". I don't know what that is and was hoping you or someone in the thread could help me out. It would be a nice way to start 2012 haha
Take care everyone,

IkkiFenixx13

I would not use the method in this thread, that was the old way and that rom is not working out of the box. use this instead
http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/409145-downgrading-putting-stock-rom.html

Now on to specifics. for the problem reg the dll you need to turn off user account control
it will stop the dll reg.
go to start menu control panel user accounts UAC slide the slider to the bottom restart the computer.
For the spc there are a couple methods the easiest is to go to
android - whiterabbit.org
put in your phone esn and it will give you the metromsl/spc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones