• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PHone is bricked? :((

LakersDroid

Android Expert
I've been on viper3d rom. Power it downed. When i hold volume down+power button to get into recovery, nothing happened. Now i can't even boot up. it does nothing. Plug phone into charger light won't turn on at all.

I've been on viper3d rom. Power it downed. When i hold volume down+power button to get into recovery, nothing happened. Now i can't even boot up. it does nothing. Plug phone into charger light won't turn on at all.
Try another battery if you have one, otherwise check to make sure the current one is making proper contact. You may have hit the "deep sleep" that some people experience.

Also, you can try removing the battery completely for about 5 minutes then put it back in and try powering on again. If none of that works try charging it for about 8 hours without touching it and then powering it on again.

ramjet73

Try another battery if you have one, otherwise check to make sure the current one is making proper contact. You may have hit the "deep sleep" that some people experience.

Also, you can try removing the battery completely for about 5 minutes then put it back in and try powering on again. If none of that works try charging it for about 8 hours without touching it and then powering it on again.

ramjet73

I've tried taking out the battery, waited few minutes. put back on, nothing.
Phone won't charge when i plug charger.

Any other advice?

I called virgin and they say they gonna send me a new battery to try to see if it will boot. They refuse to send me a replacement without trying that first. :(

I know it won't boot. My batter was charged and it was in the 80% when I powered it down before it woouldn't turn on again.

I think the hboot is corrupted, so I can't boot into bootloader using volume down+power. Phone won't charge when plugged in. So it's a hard freaking brick.

I've been researching and found some little info about being able to recover from a completely hard bricked evo 3d but it requires running a linux OS or something like that.

Does anyone know a way to recover a phone that is now completely unresponsive to anything? :(

no, just replace the battery, hit the power button for like a second and let go. my phone will have boot problems sometime when plugged in

LakersDroid,

I merged your new thread into this one as it was an update to the existing problem. No need for two separate threads :)

No big deal, just letting you know. Unfortunately I don't have much advice for you. I'm not sure if this is the same problem I got when I was trying the wire trick. Phone went completely unresponsive, no charge light or anything. I left it plugged in all night to the wall charger. In the morning it still looked dead, but I did a battery pull then it turned on... Fingers crossed!

LakersDroid,

I merged your new thread into this one as it was an update to the existing problem. No need for two separate threads :)

No big deal, just letting you know. Unfortunately I don't have much advice for you. I'm not sure if this is the same problem I got when I was trying the wire trick. Phone went completely unresponsive, no charge light or anything. I left it plugged in all night to the wall charger. In the morning it still looked dead, but I did a battery pull then it turned on... Fingers crossed!

I thought I was trippin when I posted in the other thread and then saw it here, lol :smokingsomb:

If you just powered down from within the ROM, I don't see how it would become bricked randomly.

My advice is to remove the battery, have the phone plugged in to the charger with the battery removed from the phone, and press the volume up and down buttons simultaneously.

If that doesn't work, keep the battery out for about 15 minutes, keeping the phone plugged in the whole time. When you add the battery back in, wait about 10 seconds and try to press the power button again.

If they send you the virgin mobile branded, that im assuming that's the one you will be receiving, just keep both back covers, like that you could put it in your replacement, cause the only thing branded on your replacement will be virgin mobile letters in the back cover, the front of the phone just says HTC in the top center of the screen.

If you just powered down from within the ROM, I don't see how it would become bricked randomly.

My advice is to remove the battery, have the phone plugged in to the charger with the battery removed from the phone, and press the volume up and down buttons simultaneously.

If that doesn't work, keep the battery out for about 15 minutes, keeping the phone plugged in the whole time. When you add the battery back in, wait about 10 seconds and try to press the power button again.

Yes, I powered down from within the rom. It shut off properly. Gonna try the up down volumn buttons simultaneously and report if it works.

EDIT: No go for me. Not a sign of life. :(

Yes, I powered down from within the rom. It shut off properly. Gonna try the up down volumn buttons simultaneously and report if it works.

EDIT: No go for me. Not a sign of life. :(
Does it show anything at all when connected to a PC via USB?

ramjet73

Back
Top Bottom