• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pics and Go SMS

Treydude

Twice now someone has sent me a pic to my phone and I have not been able to DL them, I am using Go SMS, anyone else have this prob?

Did not work for you either?

As soon as you open the message, it shows that its downloading, and once it is downloaded, you click play to view it, but once you are viewing, long press does not do anything, nor is there any menu options to be performed. This actually upsets me because I like GO SMS

I do not even get that far, i just get an message saying it did not download

go into your email and send a text to yourself with a picture from ur pc attached to test it out.

Metro:

10 Digit # @mymetropcs.com

Cricket:

10 Digit # @mms.mycricket.com

Bummer, maybe Joser knows hows to save pics from GO SMS

I do actually.:D I have had the same problem and instantly figured it out. But since I don't have my phone, I can't give you the specific instructions . It has to do with the settings in the stock message app

I do actually.:D I have had the same problem and instantly figured it out. But since I don't have my phone, I can't give you the specific instructions . It has to do with the settings in the stock message app

I thought you were getting your phone back today. Were you a bad boy again and they decided to keep it longer?

:p

I thought you were getting your phone back today. Were you a bad boy again and they decided to keep it longer?

LOL
When I visited a Cricket store recently,the rep mentioned she had the same problem & was asking ME for advice.HA- HA,I could't believe it either.All I could tell her was to d/l the user guide & go from there.

LOL
When I visited a Cricket store recently,the rep mentioned she had the same problem & was asking ME for advice.HA- HA,I could't believe it either.All I could tell her was to d/l the user guide & go from there.

Thanks for sharing that. It proves that we know more than the "technicians"

LOL

That was nicer than telling her to switch to MetroPCS!

LOL

Well, I am back on the stock SMS but it sucks for receiving pics via text, they come in small and no way to save to your phone or even enlarge...bah

Well, I am back on the stock SMS but it sucks for receiving pics via text, they come in small and no way to save to your phone or even enlarge...bah

I use Handsent SMS. I'll check mine out and see if I can save to my phone.

Okay...just tried it with Handsent. It came in perfect. The popup that comes on your screen has an option to 'View MMS' . It opened up to a very nice size. Clicking menu again gave me two options: Set as....and a list of things to set it as. And the other was just the details of the pic.

I already have this pic on my phone so I sent it to myself from my phone to see if it would work.

I think it didn't give me an option to save because I already had it.

Make sense? Handsents? LOL

Try Handsent and see if you like it. I really love it!

Actually there is a way to save. I will PM you tomorrow when I get my phone:)

I think that to save a picture, you need to long touch on a blank area next to the picture

Aha!!!! Found out how to do it. On the pic that comes in. Before you click to enlarge it, long press on it till you get a popup. Then select 'save to SD card'.

VOILA!

Problem solved!!!

At least with Handsent. I don't know about the others.

:)

Back
Top Bottom