• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Possible sticky for Rom's in progress?

ccsoccer03

Is there anyway we can make a post that lists current roms in progress or even just ideas so we can keep up with suggestions for roms, and to serve as a reminder what works are in progress and maybe even projected dates of completion if available? It just seems like a clean job to make it easier to see what's going on in the development world. For example, I know Frunisher is in progress. I know that Velocity 1.1 is in progress. So if we were to make a page saying

Rom Status

• Velocity 1.1 Beta Stage- In Progress
  • Frunisher In Progress
Or atleast something to that degree. Maybe I'm in left field, and developers don't want it, but from a Moderating stand point, it seems cleaner and more organized to me.

Those things can be added to the sticky already there. Androidforums has a weird sticky policy.

Woah. This stuff isnt even supposed to be public HENCE PRIVATE BETAS. PLEASE EDIT 1st post. Failure to comply will result in being reported.

Woah. This stuff isnt even supposed to be public HENCE PRIVATE BETAS. PLEASE EDIT 1st post. Failure to comply will result in being reported.
Well that may be my fault.
Sorry D2A

I let the cat out of the bag that you were making another Rom.
So if your gunna blame anyone Blame me.

Sorry Brother. :(

No. Its fine having it in the signature and things like that. That doesnt bother me. Its when threads like this are made asking about rom progress.

My point was not to nag individuals about where there are in progress. I was simply asking if we could keep up with what was being worked on in an organized way. Its up to the developer if they want it known or not. I mean i wouldnt think it was bad if people show interest in a rom.

I appologize for stepping on anyones toes also. I just assumed it was free information if its meantioned in a thread. I do respect that development takes time, and im not rushing anything. I just like to know what the new thing is. Everyone enjoys reading about the new concept cars that revolutionize what we drive. I see this as similar. No, it may never be completed or not for a very long time, but it perks interest and imagination. I simply was trying to make a suggestion. Im not a developer and i would never claim to be. I have mild experience with c# and c++. Im currently learning asp.net . Sorrry for causing so much chaos.

I think the guys already provide us information when they feel like it. Sometimes you can get bits of info by following them on Twitter, etc. But one thing to consider... the more time they would spend making posts to update us about what they're working on, the less time they'll actually have to be working on it. Even if requesting updates from them started with the best intentions, it would inevitably devolve into people just hounding them for release dates.

I think the guys already provide us information when they feel like it. Sometimes you can get bits of info by following them on Twitter, etc. But one thing to consider... the more time they would spend making posts to update us about what they're working on, the less time they'll actually have to be working on it. Even if requesting updates from them started with the best intentions, it would inevitably devolve into people just hounding them for release dates.
Exactly

Back
Top Bottom