• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Another phone mount:thumbsdowndroid:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240516_184334_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240516_184334_Photos.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Where are the tubes made?
The tubes are near impossible to find local so they were ordered from Amazon. The two that I had (one installed and one with a hole) were Kenda brand made in China. The brand I just ordered are Mongoose brand. I did a google search to see where they were made and found no quick answer beyond most tubes are made by Kenda, Innova, or Cheng Shin Tire Co. :(

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I ordered a 2-bay Synology NAS and two 12 TB Seagate Ironwolf drives for it. We have a 4-bay NAS here at the house... but I don't like the idea of having a backup at the same location. Our former tax-deduction son has graciously offered to host the new one as a secure remote backup. I'll do the initial data dump here to save bandwidth: after that, only incremental backups will be done over the web.

Upvote 0
I ordered a 2-bay Synology NAS and two 12 TB Seagate Ironwolf drives for it. We have a 4-bay NAS here at the house... but I don't like the idea of having a backup at the same location. Our former tax-deduction son has graciously offered to host the new one as a secure remote backup. I'll do the initial data dump here to save bandwidth: after that, only incremental backups will be done over the web.

At the Data Center we use to host our gaming server, they used multiple remote backup servers due to hackers. The Administrator told me one time he loaded Windows NT on a server, and it got hacked before he could load the updates

• Haha
Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Big shock there! Synology has a feature called Snapshot Replication, with immutable versions, that allows me to go back in time to just before a hack or data wipe and restore the files like nothing ever happened. Because the snapshots are immutable, they can't be changed or deleted.

I wonder if that would work with the computers that get frozen with ransomware?

Upvote 0
I wonder if that would work with the computers that get frozen with ransomware?
If the UEFI* or OS gets corrupted to the point that a user can't get to the desktop or web browser, the only real solution is to nuke the entire drive; reinstall the OS (I would use a new drive and not trust that the ransomware hadn't infected the drive's MBR) and then restore programs & files from the NAS. If the UEFI is corrupted, it's going to take someone with more expertise than I have to fix it.

*- I don't know why they changed something as easily pronounceable as "BIOS" with something like "UEFI", that doesn't flow off the tongue. Therefore, I pronounce it "weefy"... if they can make it unpronounceable, I reserve the right to correct it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones