• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems flashing ROM

Italo

Android Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2010
Atlanta
I've been using the JH3 ROM with the Super Circle Battery Mod for a while now. I had made a backup of the original framework-res.apk before flashing the battery Mod. Well, the JH7 update came out and I wanted to install it for the GPS fix, but the OTA kept failing. So I decided to flash my backup framework-res.apk, thinking that the stock ROM might fix the OTA issues. I zipped it, changed the name to "update.zip", and copied it to the root of the sdcard. I powered off the phone, then held volume up/down and power to access download mode. When I selected "reinstall packages" the phone started the flash process (found the update file on the sdcard and started to install it), but then gave me the error "installation aborted". I ended up using ODIN, then using Kies mini to update.

Well, I wanted to re-install the battery Mod, so I copied the framework-res.apk off the phone and used the tool online to build the Battery MOD ROM with the new framework. I copied the zip file to the sdcard root and named it "update.zip". When I went to flash it I got the same error message. Does anyone know what causes this, or how to fix it?

I have been thinking about rooting and using a custom ROM, such as Cyanogen, but after this I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

You can find the Super Battery Mod here:
Super Circle Battery Mod for ANY ROM - xda-developers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones