• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] [MOD] Unification Portal! Boost ROM on Public phone!

I am using the warp oem rom and I like it , Out of curiosity i tried super internet booster ++ v9.0 and my internet speed has doubled . so far the only problem that i have encountered is the tether not functioning and yes I applied the unifications right after as instructed .It is not something i use often but i wanted to see if the added speed would also apply to tethering !

Upvote 0
Yes i did the full factory and wiped cache and dalvik but no i did not test the hotspot function before the tweak and if it is because of the tweak ill stick to higher speed over the hotspot function

i can live without it for now , The first rom i tried was the alien warp but voice to text did not work for me in that rom which i use very often so then i tried the warp oem and aside from the hotspot issue all works well thanks for all your help smartmanvartan

Upvote 0
The first rom i tried was the alien warp but voice to text did not work for me in that rom which i use very often

Alienwarp is my rom... I'll send you a pm to find out what you mean it did not work.

For proper fresh flash of AlienWarp with the portal I would reccomend you flash v2.0.2 then update v2.0.3 then the portal.

Hey Smartmanvartan does flashing the v2.0.3 update after the portal causes any issues? I can't see that it would by looking at the portal but I don't have Public.

If anybody has problems with Alienwarp please feel free to post on the thread and let me know your using the portal or mp me.

Upvote 0
Alienwarp is my rom... I'll send you a pm to find out what you mean it did not work.

For proper fresh flash of AlienWarp with the portal I would reccomend you flash v2.0.2 then update v2.0.3 then the portal.

Hey Smartmanvartan does flashing the v2.0.3 update after the portal causes any issues? I can't see that it would by looking at the portal but I don't have Public.

If anybody has problems with Alienwarp please feel free to post on the thread and let me know your using the portal or mp me.

I always recommend flashing the portal after everything...it's the easiest way to make sure we're all on the same plane... and thanks for the info :)

Upvote 0
The adsp.mbn, dbl.mbn EMMCBOOT.MBN and osbl.mbn are from the B10G but the amss.mbn are from PMI-B08. Basically it is the Public mobile n860 B08 radio(amss.mbn) and the Boost Mobile n860 B10G Bootloader and firmware. and the apks needed for roaming as well as our apns configuration...

but both the amss.bin are the from boost and PMI are the same, crc: DE6C44E8

can you check it? thanks

Upvote 0
but both the amss.bin are the from boost and PMI are the same, crc: DE6C44E8

can you check it? thanks

They are the same version. Which is why they are interchangeable. However they have different band configuration... this band configuration is a problem on the n861 because the PMI version of the phone doesn't have jb yet and using the b11 jb update for boost on the Public n861 requires the bootloader from boost but the radio for public cannot be used with said bootloader because in this case they are not the same version...

Upvote 0
They are the same version. Which is why they are interchangeable. However they have different band configuration... this band configuration is a problem on the n861 because the PMI version of the phone doesn't have jb yet and using the b11 jb update for boost on the Public n861 requires the bootloader from boost but the radio for public cannot be used with said bootloader because in this case they are not the same version...

Which file is the "band configuration"?

what is jb? jailbreak? jellybean?

thx

Upvote 0
jb = jellybean

the public mobile version of the n861 has ics(ice cream sandwich)

the amss.mbn has the band configuration.

I assume you already have cwm recovery or twrp recovery?
if so you can load THIS rom and it will turn your phone into a stock public mobile b07 phone
then you can update to the b08 rom with THIS stock b08 rom that installs through stock recovery... Good luck! :)

F.Y.I, the b07 rom is ready to install but the b08 rom is zipped so you must extract the rom zip from the downloaded archive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones