• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Radio Interface Resource Shortage

This is how you fix the Radio issues, just send a picture and it will fix it. Just any old picture, send it to anyone and it will temporary fix the issue. I've been doing this for weeks now, everytime I get the Radio error, I just got and send ANY picture to ANYbody and voila! It's fixed! No rooting required! It's not a permanent solution but it works perfectly.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Man this issue is the only thing keeping me from this phone. I would leave the Triumph for a phone that didn't need tweaking or hacking to work properly. Is there an ETA for the OTA update to fix this issue? If any?

Too bad. Looks like an excellent phone otherwise.

At least we have the opportunity to fix it ourselves, LG and Motorola with their locked bootloader not so easy.

Upvote 0
You need to unlock the bootloader before getting s - off. Which imho takes more time than getting s- off does.

Not in my case. Unlocking bootloader was a breeze. S-Off was a giant headache. Pre-rooted stock rom apparently not the same as stock rom with root flashed into it. Had to RUU, then had issues with S-Off due to stuff needed to be chmod +777ed. Still, with help from Unlimited.IO, not too painful.

Reactions: TheBritton
Upvote 0
Considering I've had no experience with HTC phones, this sounds daunting and discouraging just to upgrade from the Triumph. I'm looking at the Galaxy Reverb but the single core and no 4G doesn't make it worth the extra 10 a month since I'm still grandfathered in to the $25 Beyond Talk. I suppose I'm gonna wait for more phones to release. I appreciate all of the help here and people trailblazing the way to make the Evo a good phone :) I'm just too scared to attempt all of that stuff just to get the radio to function normally.

Upvote 0
Personally I came from the Optimus v, so I had a great working phone. But I was bored with the "tiny" screen and relatively slow processor (I say relatively because it ran really great compared to other androids my friends had, and waaay faster than a friends Optimus S).

I debated with myself before it came out, and ended up buying one the second week once I actually found one.

I don't regret it at ALL. I haven't had the radio error nearly as much as some people in the forums, and a quick airplane mode normally fixed it for me. But with the new(newest) radio flashed I haven't had any errors.

Unlocking the bootloader was pretty easy, and I held off on doing soff for quite a while. Actually it was about the time Leslie Anne posted the turn your evo v into an evo3d thread. And to be honest it was a lot easier and less scary than I thought. It took me about 15 minutes of tapping the wire, and after I remembered reading to press the wire TWICE when it tells you, I was soff'd!

I say if you can get a great sale on this phone dive in, I wouldn't pay full price this late in the game. There is bound to be another awesome phone around the corner.

Sorry I rambled too much caffeine.

Reactions: TheBritton
Upvote 0
So, is this issue only affecting people that are using 4G? I'm reading it may be interference between 4G and the wifi radio. If it doesn't affect those on 3G that would be fine for me because there is no 4G service where I live, just only where I work.

Just curious.. also, has there been any talk of an OTA update from HTC? I understand they are the only ones who can "officially" fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones