• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Trying to figure out how to teach myself to braid short hair. I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to doing anything with my hair.

I love my linux operating system, but the weirdest freaking things happen sometimes...

I end up breaking things worse for a while before I get it working the way it should again.

Lol what. I ran out of data yet my data balance is low.
ebebyvev.jpg

I love my linux operating system, but the weirdest freaking things happen sometimes...

I end up breaking things worse for a while before I get it working the way it should again.

That's why I switched back to Windows. Every day, I would accidently press something on the keyboard and completely break something and would try my hardest to figure out how to fix it, but could never fix anything. For example, I muted the sound once, but there was NOOOO way to unmute the sound. Absolutely no way because I deleted a panel on the sidebar, and couldn't get it back... I tried for hours, different forums everything it didn't work. Then another thing broke, then another, and I just wanted to play Skyrim and have things work rather than try to fix something every day. I got fed up and bought Windows. Best choice I made ever. Windows is so simple, nothing breaks, always runs and the Microsoft community is much more helpful in my opinion because every time I had a question, the Microsoft community had an answer.

I can also play Skyrim heavily modded now. I love Windows. Mac... Meh. Every Mac experience I ever had was disappointing. Dating back to the iMac G series my Elementary school had to the newest iMac in 2010.

I like to be able to trust my PC not to be spying on me and phoning everything I do to Beijing, Redmond or Washington DC. Unfortunately I can't really trust Windows these days, especially where I am. I do use Skype, which is probably the only Microsoft product I use now, however I'm fully aware that this has government or spook backdoor access as well.

The only Windows I can buy and activate is the special PRC edition, and I don't wish the Public Security Bureau and Ministry of Industry and
Information Technology to know everything I'm doing with my PC. Same for my friends, so I definitely advocate non-M$ OSs here.

I'm not worried about Windows spying on me. It's an OS that works well for me. In fact, they don't know enough about me.... I use bing, an their ad's aren't that good.. Not compared to all Google knows about me. That's why their better at advertising because Google knows more about people... Everything. Google knows just as much about me as I know about me... Seriously... But still... I don't think it's enough.

I can't wait until I can actually talk to an OS like it's a human... Ya. I'm that kind of person... Google will have to know a lot about me to go there.... Maybe I'm just thinking too hard... I tend to do that...

"Okay Google now... I'm hungry.... Can you deliver me the usual I get from Engs Asian restaurant?"

"Yes Curtis... Please scan your finger on your phone to confirm payment."

When will we get here?

I'm getting Chinese food tonight...

I love chinese food.... Though here in America I hear it's not real chinese food...

Anyway,

Oh, its here... Thanks Google...

I'm not worried about Windows spying on me. It's an OS that works well for me. In fact, they don't know enough about me.... I use bing, an their ad's aren't that good.. Not compared to all Google knows about me. That's why their better at advertising because Google knows more about people... Everything. Google knows just as much about me as I know about me... Seriously... But still... I don't think it's enough.

I can't wait until I can actually talk to an OS like it's a human... Ya. I'm that kind of person... Google will have to know a lot about me to go there.... Maybe I'm just thinking too hard... I tend to do that...

"Okay Google now... I'm hungry.... Can you deliver me the usual I get from Engs Asian restaurant?"

"Yes Curtis... Please scan your finger on your phone to confirm payment."

When will we get here?

I'm getting Chinese food tonight...

I love chinese food.... Though here in America I hear it's not real chinese food...

Anyway,

Oh, its here... Thanks Google...

it's already in the works...actually it's already completed...just not rolled out yet...

no but for real...

some of the stuff they are working on...just blows my mind....yet also disturbs me...it's messed up:o

Windows is so simple, nothing breaks, always runs and the Microsoft community is much more helpful in my opinion because every time I had a question, the Microsoft community had an answer.

See, that has not been my experience. I break Windows all the time. Sure, Windows community has had an answer (or three), but they are not the right answers for my problems.

I am a power user; the things I like to do, want to do, and yes, even need to do with my computer are not always what MS thinks I should be wanting or needing to do.

As each new iteration of Win comes out, they are pushing more and more of the power functions and administrative flexibility into the background; requiring either a more expensive version of their product or obscene hacks in order to maintain user-friendliness.

I complain about breaking my computer, but the bottom line is that I enjoy modifying my operating system to make things work the way I want them to work. I just don't like having to fix things for silly reasons, and those things always seem to break when I haven't the time nor patience to fix them.

First-world issues, I know...

See, that has not been my experience. I break Windows all the time. Sure, Windows community has had an answer (or three), but they are not the right answers for my problems.

I am a power user; the things I like to do, want to do, and yes, even need to do with my computer are not always what MS thinks I should be wanting or needing to do.

As each new iteration of Win comes out, they are pushing more and more of the power functions and administrative flexibility into the background; requiring either a more expensive version of their product or obscene hacks in order to maintain user-friendliness.

I complain about breaking my computer, but the bottom line is that I enjoy modifying my operating system to make things work the way I want them to work. I just don't like having to fix things for silly reasons, and those things always seem to break when I haven't the time nor patience to fix them.

First-world issues, I know...

Trying to install a 64bit graphics card driver = Enabling "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement". First world issues here...😸

I bought my dad an ipad mini for christmas and got a $100 gift card from best buy for doing so...thinking about picking up a Pebble smartwatch (only going to cost me 50)... Its lame that the Gear is only for Galaxy devices or I'd get that...also looking at the sony smartwatch2... Anyone have any input on what I should get?

Ok I can't find the rant thread actually I'm too impatient to keep looking.. But here's my rant anyway
It's getting harder and harder to cook animals
I'm roasting a chicken for dinner for my boys and I'm crying.. Saying I'm sorry it only for cooking.. But for it's whole life and all the animals abused and tortured in factory farms
Fir what??? It's aweful it's barbaric and wrong
And whoops sorry:/

I don't want them to see me so upset because they are young and need to decide their own path in life
:( still it's really hard

Shoot! I'm sorry
Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad for being a meat water
Some of the nicest people I know are meat eatersi actually love quite a few of them

Carry in :)

Meat water?? Ummm hahaha
Heard of hot dog water soup college days:) but meat water?? Haha

Sorry carry on

Back
Top Bottom