• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Been stuck in Michigan a few days linger than expected. My brother just had to stay a few days longer. He couldn't even spend 10 minutes with our parents before he's off to his friends house. Neither could my little sister. She was begging me to come over, I got here and I go unnoticed. Couldn't even spend 10 minutes with me, even when she was here. So I'm stuck here.

At least the next time I come up, it's going to be in my Impala. And it's not going to be for long. I don't like Michigan at all.

Didn't get any sleep!!! COFFEE

Now, got to go to school, then gotta see if I work today. I sure hope I don't because I just want to go to sleep.

PAY check this week, saving up to buy a car!! SOON still got my mind set on the Impala, I don't think I'll be happy without an Impala, I want the one with the MyLink in there. That would be a dream come true, that's like 2012 or 13.

I decided to activate my trial subscription for SiriusXM on my car today. I filled out the forms on their site including my radio ID. I was ultimately presented with a button in my browser the "Send Activation Code" and instructions that my radio had to be turned on and tuned the XM channel 1. So I grabbed my laptop and sat in my car in the driveway, turned on the radio, and hit the button. I got a message saying message sent and it may take up to 15 minutes to activate. My first thought was what a pisser. Then I thought through what was happening. I entered in essentially an MEID for my car radio on a web form, and their backend systems processed this information and sent it to a satellite. That activation information was then beamed it down to my car. After a minute or two my radio noted that the subscription information was updated. Technology, ftw.

Awesome, Pup :p

Eleven weeks till Christmas.
1412627311662.jpg

My car came with a 3 month trial of Sirius. I didn't find anything on there worth keeping the service for. I maybe listened to 10 minutes of it during that period.

My car came with a 3 month trial of Sirius. I didn't find anything on there worth keeping the service for. I maybe listened to 10 minutes of it during that period.
I had it on my 12 RAM 1500 and used the free trial. Our new 14 Mazda CX-5 had it as well, never activated it. The selection wasn't that great and paying for radio doesn't make sense to me. USB stick has my tunes anyway.

If I have to get a car without some computer in there, I'll probably install somehow a tablet in my car. Just because it'd be nice to play pandora and have a GPS while driving.

Any phone companies still allow tethering for a reasonable price?

I had it on my 12 RAM 1500 and used the free trial. Our new 14 Mazda CX-5 had it as well, never activated it. The selection wasn't that great and paying for radio doesn't make sense to me. USB stick has my tunes anyway.

My point really wasn't so much about content, but more about the incredible chain of events necessary to enable my car radio I took for granted.:o

As far as content, I'm more of a sports nut and like sports talk while I drive, so having dedicated NASCAR, NFL, NHL, MLB, etc. stations isn't something I can put on a stick. It's content that is consumed in real time.;)

I had a trial on Sirius in my last car and I liked it...Coffee house was one of my favorites...That and the 70's station ..oh and classic rock...I don't miss it at all though...Hubby has it in his car but I'm almost positive...no I'm positive( I do the bills):) that we don't pay for it...he's had the car for over a year and a half now..maybe longer? how long are those trials??

The NB-1 infotainment system that comes with the new CX-5 is quite bad. OK, the CD player and radio are good as are the 9 Bose speakers. The USB forgets where you left off when you turn off the car. Random play from the USB is the same random sequence, every time. The Bluetooth forgets the phone every 3rd to 4th car startup. So making calls and streaming BT music is not convenient. Last but not least, is integrated TomTom service is mediocre at best. My 386 from 1989 ran about as fast, 1fps.

This is my first "loaded" car in 26 years of driving. Next time, a near base model will be purchased. Maybe I'll epoxy my Nexus 7 over the current LCD screen. 😉😏😀

I have my music on a USB drive which is plugged into an adapter to play through the stock stereo (the Prius uses a semi-proprietary bus). I avoid mass media as much as possible.

Dngrswife is mad at me because I bought a Chromecast and it does not do Amazon Prime. Or, rather, Amazon does not support casting.

Apparently, they don't want to support a device that doesn't cost at least $100...

Choosing between the iPhone 6 or the rumored HTC One M9 that will come in the first quarter of 2015.
Can someone give me some help by choosing?

Back
Top Bottom