• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

cae194ccaeeb2276ac8d97c59b96d033.jpg

I reached my data cap. Let's see when they'll throttle me. I have unlimited by the way.

3379a84e4ad3fc01a38d0329d48dec66.jpg

I downloaded the Nissan Leaf app on my phone. What it does is track your driving, and tell you how much you would have saved by driving a Nissan leaf. It cost me 22 cents to drive less than 2 miles to work... Wow... On average I can save $1304 a year if I drive a leaf, because electricity is free.

I love ev... Making me reconsider my major in school.

Is it? Is electricity free?
I am paying for what comes out of that socket. The environment is paying for it too.

Where is this magic world where electricity is free?

I really think you're going to be frustrated the first time you've used your range and have to wait up to 10 hours before you can drive again.

I also just read that Nissan charges an additional 125 per month for the battery lease, which is separate from the car. I don't spend $100 a month in gasoline.

We need a powerful V6 or a normal V8 for towing a future camper. This 4 banger is just to small. I'm thinking Tacoma 4x4 double cab.

We need a powerful V6 or a normal V8 for towing a future camper. This 4 banger is just to small. I'm thinking Tacoma 4x4 double cab.

Tacoma's are just too small for towing IMO.

You need more truck. And it's not just about the power either, it's the chassis, suspension, and brakes. Small pickups like the Tacoma, Frontier, Ranger, etc were not designed to tow any real loads, and it is definitely not safe to do so. I would recommend at least stepping up to a half-ton pickup, like an F-150, Tundra, Silverado 1500, or Ram 1500.

Tacoma's are just too small for towing IMO.

You need more truck. And it's not just about the power either, it's the chassis, suspension, and brakes. Small pickups like the Tacoma, Frontier, Ranger, etc were not designed to tow any real loads, and it is definitely not safe to do so. I would recommend at least stepping up to a half-ton pickup, like an F-150, Tundra, Silverado 1500, or Ram 1500.

The hardshell trailer we are looking at will be about 3000-3500lbs. The Tacoma can pull 6500lbs max. The family, gear, etc weight is say 800lbs. The Tacoma can handle it no problem. The F150 and Silverado are options too, they aren't ruled out. I had a 2012 RAM 1500 for a short time, only because RAM dealers here have terrible service and communication skills. It'll be Spring before we commit to a truck and a year or 2 before buying a hardshell trailer. I don't mind tenting, the better-half wants a trailer. I admit, it would be nice not packing up wet gear!

We used to tent camp when I was younger. I really enjoyed it and miss doing it. But we reached a point where A) My mom didn't care much for tent camping and B) It got to be such a hassle to unload all of our tools out of the truck, load the camping gear, set up camp, have camp get rained on, pack camp back into the truck, go home, clean the gear, and repack all the tools into the truck. So they bought an RV.

I have a minivan, so I use a 'popup' tent trailer.

Ten times more convenient than regular tent camping! Easy setup and tear-down.

Dngrswife wants a full-size RV, but then you have to tow a vehicle behind and the price of gas, etc. So that's the retirement plan now.

I used to love to camp ... not so much anymore....hubby used to want to do the RV or camper thing when we retired..(which the whole retirement logistics and such will be odd considering he is 10 years younger than I):smokingsomb: anywho....his parents have one and now I'm pretty sure he is on my page now:)
little ranch house around here or up north in summer and fall....little condo on a sunny beach...in the winter...:D and some travel in between:smokingsomb:

What kinda high school kid gets his dad to come into McDonalds to fend for his order he claims he didn't get?

High school kid? Plenty of college students are that bad. I spent my college career working part time jobs in some form of student service or another. Plenty of parents coming in to fight their kids' battles for them.

When I worked in the tutoring center, we had one kid who's mom would bring him in every afternoon and wait for him while he was being helped. Had kind of a jesse eisenberg look to him. Got the sense that he and his mother have a very codependent relationship.

High school kid? Plenty of college students are that bad. I spent my college career working part time jobs in some form of student service or another. Plenty of parents coming in to fight their kids' battles for them.

When I worked in the tutoring center, we had one kid who's mom would bring him in every afternoon and wait for him while he was being helped. Had kind of a jesse eisenberg look to him. Got the sense that he and his mother have a very codependent relationship.
Well that's fine if he's being helped, nothing bad about that. But if a parent needs to fight the battle of college kids at a fast food restaurant then there is a problem with that. Like kid, grow some and stick up for yourself.

If it was a more serious case, than any age parents may be helpful in the battle. Like involving police n stuff.

Back
Top Bottom