• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Nine more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.
Nine more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.
Silver Shamrock.

....tune London Bridge is Falling Down.

AND the freaky theme to Halloween 2!! Or three or four!:)
Halloween .. The original
Is one of my all time favorites

Just the music alone!!

"...service outlets are construction."...hmmm. :rolleyes:
e7y8y7as.jpg

So, I don't think I'll be buying a car this weekend. Dad said he can't come, even though I offered to pay for gas...

Car buying should be easy.

Just remember, you have ALL THE POWER, if you don't like what they're offering, walk out.

This. One trick they love is holding your keys while you test drive their car. That's also a tactic to keep you in the room. Get your keys back ASAP. I had one dealer refuse to give them back to me as he wanted to keep me at the table.

You're also going to hear a lot of 'What do you want to pay per month'. This is a tool they have to get more money. They often have the monthly payment rather than the full price on the windshield of the car. So if it's $350 but you say they you want to pay no more than $270 a month, they might come down, but it's because they just tacked 2 years onto the loan.

So this is what I'm thinking now. Random thought. Hehe

The car I really want is a newer car. But I can't afford a new impala now, and that is basically my dream car. The older impala are crap. I don't know what Chevy did, they probably fired the design team from the last generation and hired some people with talent.

So I'm thinking just buying a cheap car for now, and in 3 years, I should have enough money for my dream car.

You can still own that dream car, just buy it used in a few years. I've always wanted one of those massive 97 Dodge Ram pickups, and just bought one for $500 a week ago. I rule!

On a side note, I'd never buy a new car. Seems the area I live in well stocked with meatheads who don't know how to back out of a parking space. The 4 vehicles I currently own have all been scraped in the rear quarters and never once has a sorry note or insurance info been left :(

Reminds me of this one I found in the Taipei International Airport back in 2009:

View attachment 76638

"Please feel safe to drink." ...this is why I often drink bottled water, and always when travelling.

This is always a culinary favourite, in many restaurants.
fried-enema.jpg

'Fried enema on a menu mistranslates zha guanchang (炸灌腸 "fried sausage [with flour stuffed into hog casings])". The Jinshan Ciba dictionary confused the cooking and medical meanings of guanchang "(make) a sausage; (give) an enema".'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinglish

Nickelback is the Disco of the oughts-- everybody listened to them, but no one wants to admit they might have liked them, even for a little while.

They make a great punchline, though.

Not me. I hated Nickelback before it was cool to hate Nickelback lol. Horrible formulaic crap that epitomizes everything wrong about the music industry.

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I hate self-checkouts at the grocery store. I've always said that I think we should get a discount on our groceries if we have to do the job of the cashier, and "if I wanted to be a cashier, I'd get a job as a cashier".

Guess what? I got a 2nd job, working p/t as a grocery store cashier... :rolleyes:

My daughter told me about a routine comedian Bill Burr does about self-checkouts: Bill Burr - Let It Go, 2010 - [Automatic checkout machines] - YouTube

He totally gets my thinking....

It's hilarious - but NSFW!!

I have my eye on a car right now. A 2009 Chevy Impala. Hoping it stays there until Saturday so I can give it a test drive.

Oh, I got a call from a pizza place to be a driver. Let's hope I get both the job and the car. Getting paid to drive my Impala sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom