• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

my neighborhood is huge on halloween, to the point where there is no parking on the streets or entering leaving the neighborhood from 6-8 and police put up barricades to stop people coming in. I forgot this and parked in my driveway instead of down the street outside of the neighborhood and got stuck giving out candy. i lost count but i think i counted up to about 576 kids by around 7. needless to say didnt end up going to anypartied after either

on a plus not I had a family of bannans mom dad and their three kids all dressed as bannanas.

Upvote 0
People in South Carolina.
They can't drive, they are racist, obtuse, simple minded and rude.

The more I stay here the more I grind my teeth down like one of these toothless bandits on a meth binge.

Then they elect a governor (I refuse to vote in this state) that can't even get her own finances together let alone run this cash strapped state.

That 'southern hospitality' they told me about up north?
I never found it..... I have never encountered more rude, inconsiderate and stupid people and I am from NYC. Ouch!

My gears are more than 'grinded' - they are stripped bare. :eek:

Upvote 0
The dentist and a numb and bloody mouth. (Which is soon to ache later on.)
dentist.gif

Upvote 0
Here is my latest "grind my gears" and it is the way words are pronounced:

1. Where and When as Hwer and Hwen (Yes I know you can say it that way, but c'mon)
2. Coupons as Qpons
3. Probably as probly
4. Coffee as cawfee (and im from Jersey and it STILL bothers me)
5. With as Wit
6. Don't were Doesn't is supposed to be used: He don't know how to drive!
7. Espresso as Expresso! (I'm Italian, TRUST me it is NOT eXpresso!)
8. Ask as Aks
9. Supposedly as supposebly
10. Especially as Expecially

Upvote 0
Here is my latest "grind my gears" and it is the way words are pronounced:

1. Where and When as Hwer and Hwen (Yes I know you can say it that way, but c'mon)
2. Coupons as Qpons
3. Probably as probly
4. Coffee as cawfee (and im from Jersey and it STILL bothers me)
5. With as Wit
6. Don't were Doesn't is supposed to be used: He don't know how to drive!
7. Espresso as Expresso! (I'm Italian, TRUST me it is NOT eXpresso!)
8. Ask as Aks
9. Supposedly as supposebly
10. Especially as Expecially

Yeah they are pretty annoying. I never use either one. The worst one for 3 is "proly". ughhhh!:mad:

Upvote 0
Rant# 46853546 - A customer calls in claiming his internet was not working on his EVO, we fix that by doing a good ol' data restore... I say my closing script and he says he will pass me on the survey if he gets it, then a day later I get an email saying he FAILED me... What was the reason? Apparently his HOTSPOT wasn't working... Now i asked him if I could help him with anything else before hanging up, he said no. Then when me and my Sup listened to the call, even she said I did everything right... but my floor manager says he cant dispute the survey... really? But a week ago you had a meeting with my coworker who I bring to and from work, telling him that he may have to find another ride because my numbers arent appealing to him... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! My handle time is the lowest on the team, and my billable ratio is the highest on the team... my only real downfall is Issue Resolve BUT if you feel my numbers were so low, why not dispute the failed survey that you KNOW I should've passed to help bring my IR up?

So after all that is said and done, I walk back to my cube and say 'This is some BullSh*t' and guess what? A few hours later i'm getting 'released' for cursing on the call center floor. I'm just pissed about the whole situation. I think his racist ass was out to get me fired from the jump and he finally succeeded. So now I'm back to searching for another job. I have to wait till my last check arrives before I can file for unemployment BUT I really dont want to be sitting at home. UGH! Perhaps I'll go apply at the Sprint Store up the street. With all the crap I know about Sprint Phones, they'd be a fool not to hire me.

Upvote 0
So i got $400 dollars worth of computer sitting here waiting to be put together... wait a min, its only 300... BECAUSE I THINK SOMEONE THROUGH THE PROCESSOR OUT!!!!!!!!!!
Its @$^%^%$#$$ gone!!! was just cpu on foam, no heatsink and i put it got 'cleaned up'
I'm %$#@%$% furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh man. There is some hell to pay there. I thought the time I built a computer and forgot to order the monitor and heatsink was bad :(

Upvote 0
I have been a crackberry forum user since Aug of 2008. There have always been moderators around there that hate when you back talk and prove them wrong. Well today after 6 months of having in my sig "i don't need to have sex, my government fcks me everyday" same ol douche of a mod sends me a PM telling me that I need to delete it. He only got his panties in a wad because I proved my point that not everyone is seeing the new layout the way it is supposed to be displayed. WTFSTFU!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones