• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Redux battery life AMAZING!!!

That may be right to some extend, as mine was 100%, how do you set up as 40%, as i have only a slider...nothing numeric...

Thanks
Shyju

with the power control widget. When you add it as a widget, scroll down to the brightness settings and click on the dropdown menu.

Can anyone share the best setting to get the maximum battery life.....
I don't have Setcpu....
display brightness-around 10%
GPS off
Wifi off
Screen timeout - 1min.

Presently i got these battery usage:

1 day 0 h 16m 1son battery (not used much, 2-3 calls, checked 1 mail)

Display - 41 %
Cell standby - 24%
Phone idle - 17%
Voice calls - 9%
android Os - 5%
Google services - 3 %
Maps - 2%

Also one request @ SUroot: Tried to use the HTC ime mod, flashed in recovery, but not able to see that on Langauge & keyboard settings

Thanks
Shyju

Is that the blue or black one? If it is you dont flash it,just unzip it and it's an apk, you just install as normal.

It's blue/white, will try to unzip and install. Do you mean to say install from recovery.

Any advise for battery settings?

Thanks
Shyju

Installed the apk from file manager, now i can select HTC_IME mod, selected but nothing seems to be changed, still the old keyboard...any idea?

Thanks
Shyju

Sorry Got it, after selection, i need to long press on the text field to select the input method

go to type a txt, when the input screen comes up keep your finger pressed on it and another screen will appear asking you for input method. Just select your new keyboard.

Can anyone tell me why the phone is using so much battery for the display...?

27 m 14s on battery from 100%, now shows 90%
Display usage 89%
Cell standby 3%
Android system 3%

My display setting is around 10%

Thanks
Shyju

Because everything else is using so much less power.

CPU tasks save power by using optimised kernels. Screen cannot be optimised. Everything must add up to the same 100%

Back
Top Bottom