• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root reflash

RCope48

Hey I would like to reflash MikG3,which is what I'm already running, do I need to wipe anything first, or can i just flash it over the top?

I've heard "wipe cache and Dalvik cache" so many times now I do it without thinking.

I think that is what I did before and it was fine. Certainly didn't hurt anything. Not sure if it is actually needed though.

Be advised, I believe this will restore the stock kernel, if you happen to be running a custom one at the moment.

I've heard "wipe cache and Dalvik cache" so many times now I do it without thinking.

I think that is what I did before and it was fine. Certainly didn't hurt anything. Not sure if it is actually needed though.

Be advised, I believe this will restore the stock kernel, if you happen to be running a custom one at the moment.

To add to this it will also reinstall any system apparently you have removed and will defrost any you have frozen

yep just wipe dalvik cache and cache. no need to wipe data if it is the same rom. like argedion said, this is a good way of getting rid of any changes or mods you have made to the rom and go back. it also might fix any errors you have as well.

Back
Top Bottom