• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Request) Imperial stock rom and recovery

Here is a list of the apps we are missing. We may be missing other files too, but let's start with trying to get the apps first. If anyone could upload any of these from a stock Imperial, that would be great :)

system/app/amazonmp3.apk
system/app/Appstore.apk
system/app/ChromeWithBrowser.apk
system/app/GoogleTTS.apk
system/app/Kindle.apk
system/app/mShop.apk
system/app/slackerradio.apk
system/app/Talk.apk
system/app/talkback.apk
system/app/Top_HD_Game_loft.apk
system/app/TRD.apk
system/app/zappos.apk

system/lib/libchromeview.so is also missing and is needed with chrome browser apk listed above

Upvote 0
I reflashed the recovery.img to stock recovery where at the bottom of it, it has the md5chk. Not sure why it only reports some files and not others even though they were part of the system files.

I figure that's one thing tech support checks on. It doesn't give a whole list as I used rom toolbox or something like it to uninstall apps like toneroomdeluxe, as well; as others (including tdec.apk - could be why it doesn't list everything, but it did list that one too at one time).

I think you already have the verify.zip that has the app list, although the one I have doesn't have toneroomdeluxe in it.

Got the rom, so I'll try flashing it. :) thanks

Edit: Thanks for the list. Here is the libchromeview.so

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5nqJrEqmYmDZFYtZnBRLXQ4OGM/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Congrads Super R. This time, I wiped the cache and data for install with cmw.

The newest worked great as well, although I had to put all info back in as a fresh phone. haha. Guess that's what you were aiming for.

Hoever ... :) the md5 check still comes up with about 4 things.

google's updating it right now, then I'll check it again before i restore the cmw.

amazonmp3.apk
Appstore.apk
ChromeWithBrowser.apk
su.chainfire.adbd.apk (possibly addb insecure installed after flash)
GoogleTTS.apk (installed by me after flash)

diff sum:60

Upvote 0
Ok, we are not doing quite as bad as I thought. I just created a text file with all the files we have, and compared it to the files in the verify.zip. I was able to find all the files that had been added to system and removed them. I was also able to see what we are missing and the app list above is it. If someone uploads them we are in business :)

Upvote 0
Thanks superR,

That's what I did. :) At least as far as the cwm recovery. I hadn't thoght about getting another backup yet.

But i thought I'd let ya know to check the sbin directory, as I had to put the su file back in and downloaded busybox installer as busybox wouldn't execute from the adb shell.

su quit working when I reset the permissions wrong, even though I reset them to 777, i figure their all normally set with the new flash.
i'll try flashing the new one as soon as it downloads.

Upvote 0
I am a little concerned about trying roms. Before now they would be rejected. But not sure what would happen if I got the wrong rom.

Is it the kernel version that needs to match?

There was either a mistake in my updater-script inside the rom, or there is a mistake in the cwm default.prop. Either way, I would not give you the wrong rom my friend. Our goal is the same :) Make sure you are only flashing roms named apollo from SuperR and you can't go wrong.

Still curious why you are messing with permissions.

Reactions: horsehockey
Upvote 0
Tried that rom, but it failed...

set_perm: some changes failed
error in data media 0 -- (name of rom)
(status 7)
instalation aborted

right now, I'm stuck in cwm, can get shell commands through adb ... rooted, but doesn't want to flash anything. Just tried chmod 777 system even though I'm rooted. wiped cache and data before the failed install though.

Upvote 0
Tried that rom, but it failed...

set_perm: some changes failed
error in data media 0 -- (name of rom)
(status 7)
instalation aborted

Found the problem. It was one of the files I found that wasn't supposed to be there that i deleted. I forgot to remove the perm line for it in the updater script. If you open it up like you did before to remove the assert, look for the following line and delete it. Save the file to the zip and try reflashing ;)

Code:
set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");

Reactions: horsehockey
Upvote 0
Got the rom fixed on the hard drive, but all roms are saying the same right now, and fastboot is saying it doesn't recognize the names.

But workin on it. :)

I see what happened. apparently I have an almost blank slate. stock revery md5 comes up E signature verification failed. Think the system files are gone.

Upvote 0
Tried permissions because I didn't realize I have no system files that I know of (except on the hard drive).

I don't blame you. :) ... I live so close to W.Va. that i think I'm part hillbilly haha (about 100 miles south of Pittsburgh). 'N hillbillies likes ta tinker wif things. Usually stills. :)

Upvote 0
Got the rom fixed on the hard drive, but all roms are saying the same right now, and fastboot is saying it doesn't recognize the names.

But workin on it. :)

I see what happened. apparently I have an almost blank slate. stock revery md5 comes up E signature verification failed. Think the system files are gone.
The rom formats system so it makes sense that they would be gone. Just restore your cwm backup or flash this rom :)
apollo_stock_B06_with_recovery_3.zip
Tried permissions because I didn't realize I have no system files that I know of (except on the hard drive).

I don't blame you. :) ... I live so close to W.Va. that i think I'm part hillbilly haha (about 100 miles south of Pittsburgh). 'N hillbillies likes ta tinker wif things. Usually stills. :)
I have the permissions for all the files set properly in the rom. The only thing you can do by changing them is break stuff lol

Upvote 0
To get cwm, put the flashable cwm i posted a while back on your sdcard. Plug your device in to your computer via usb cable. You may need to boot to ftm to get fastboot working. Open up your terminal and cd to the directory on your pc where you have apollo_cwm.img. Type the following:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot apollo_cwm.img
once it boots on your device, flash the flashable cwm. Reboot recovery. Restore backup/flash another rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones