• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] [05.01.11] Velocity V1.1 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.1 Froyo | Super Fast | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand. You said "here's a look " but I'm not seeing any links or photos to look at???

Edit: this post was originally made from my Ally. On its screen, in Opera Mobile browser, I did not see that the word "Here" is a hyperlink. Actually, it is barely visible as such even on my PC using Firefox 4. When I still couldn't figure out where the thing was you were showing us, I hovered the mouse over each word in your sentence, and doing that picked up the hyperlink.

Upvote 0
I don't understand. You said "here's a look " but I'm not seeing any links or photos to look at???
It's embedded.. here's the link since you couldn't find it:
Velocity V1.2 First Look - Imgur
Hopefully as its based on 2.2.2 that will stop the nagging update notifications.
Oh, it will :)
New Velocity 1.2 looks very nice, however, the battery icon no longer seems to display number percentages.
Sure it does! I had to tether to the computer to take the screen shots, though. So of course the percentage wouldn't show while connected to the computer.

Upvote 0
On a side note, when attempting to access Google Navigation I am immediately prompted to install text-to-speech for turn-by-turn navigation, which I like. However when I click OK to install the text-to-speech I get a market screen saying no package exists. Has anyone else encountered this and more importantly know where I can get the files for voice navigation?

Not sure if anyone's responded to this yet but try the protected Apps thread I started last week in ally-all things root. Try the build.prop sdkversion edit I noted to show apparently that aren't compatible with versions of android higher than 2.2.

It's hard to share links with the phandroid app, ill post it once I'm at my pc tomorrow.

Upvote 0
1.2 looks great. I love the new battery icon...1.1 version is a bit hard to read. And ADW on board?! nice.

As for the Google patch that someone mentioned, I read something today that suggested the "patch" is actually being done on the server side, not to the phone OS...anyone confirm this?
I was reading an article about it earlier, saying that it was patched in 2.3.4, so I am assuming that this implies that it is client-side, not server-side. Additionally, I read that Google is annoyed that phone companies and phone manufacturers are taking so long to patch software, that they are going to start working to expedite manufacturer patching procedures (thank god for that)

The Vel1.2 preview looks great. Has there been any development to make terminal emulator functional as a normal application (with shortcuts on the desktop) because it's inclusion in the toolkit kinda neutered the app outside of the toolkit, IMO.
I love the script's options for changing anims, themes and other options. Really great for making someone's phone, their own. Keep up the great work, devs.

Reactions: savoxis
Upvote 0
hi, i am a newbie to custom roms, and it even took me over 3 months to figure out how to root my ally, but then after a lucky try got it on the first attempt. any way... i installed velocity (before had 2.2.2 on my ally). followed all the instructions (backing up and installing rom manager, etc). on first boot after installation got stuck on the velocity (vertical) screen, freaked out but finally got it to work after reflashing. now i seem to be running into these issues: music stops playing while listening, or the volume is all jacked and keeps going all the way down (to combat this i have installed a smart volume free which lets me lock the media volume at the desired level), also i get fc with many apps i have installed, im not sure if its cuz i changed my default install location to sdcard, but even have tried changing it back to auto and reinstalled the app and still having the problem with fc. also battery seems to be draining even faster than before i installed velocity... not sure if its cuz i am oc at 729MHz interactive gov. other than these issues i have to say BRAVO! LOVE VELOCITY! props to the devs!

Upvote 0
Has anyone had the phone status stay "charging" after unplugging. My ally does this 8 of 10 times and it takes a restart to clear it.
Also if I use the flashlight app, the LED indicator keeps flashing red/blue/green until I restart.
Any ideas?
I have cleared and reflashed 3 times. Only thing I haven't done is completely format the SD card.

Upvote 0
Has anyone had the phone status stay "charging" after unplugging. My ally does this 8 of 10 times and it takes a restart to clear it.
Also if I use the flashlight app, the LED indicator keeps flashing red/blue/green until I restart.
Any ideas?
I have cleared and reflashed 3 times. Only thing I haven't done is completely format the SD card.

I've had that problem with the charging status, I never found a fix, but it doesn't bother me too much, and with the flashlight app you must open the app, and hit the back button for it to turn off. hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones