• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.0.4][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

Google search closes with no error and nothing of note in the logcat. Tried wiping cache and fixing permissions no joy. (8/30 build)
Also the voice search is weird as though it were hdpi or something?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378185970416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378185970416.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Reactions: NetSpeedZ
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'm new here, and I'm new to rooting and the likes like that, I downloaded CM9, wiped everything and flashed the rom, but google play doesn't show up. I would really like to use it, but im a newb when it comes to this kind of stuff and have no idea of what to do to fix it, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Make sure you flash the GApps package in the OP to ensure you have Google services.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I was using the 'timefix' text file with previous version of CWM so that backups were correctly time stamped, however, I noticed this has no effect with the newer CWM V6. Is there another fix for ensuring time stamps are correct under the CWM V6?

------------

You could use TWRP recovery. Still wrong time and date, but you could just name the backups what you want.
Its also not compatible with CWM backups. So you could just flash between CWM and TWRP backing up and restoring.

Upvote 0
You could use TWRP recovery. Still wrong time and date, but you could just name the backups what you want.
Its also not compatible with CWM backups. So you could just flash between CWM and TWRP backing up and restoring.

Did not know TWRP had recovery for LG Optimus Elite. Do you have a download link for TWRP recovery for the LG Optimus Elite?

Edit: Found Link for TWRP v2.5.0.0

------------

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones