• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.1.2]AWE Inspired Moonshine White/Ginger V2.9a Final[Works with stock device]

When the latest firmware update killed my tethering, I had to scramble to figure out what to do. During the process of trying to put in a tether-friendly ROM, by some quirk of ADB things went south quickly and at one point I thought I had bricked the phone.

Since you did us the favor of putting everything needed in one package, I could stay focused on the problem without being too distracted worrying about whether I was using the right tools or not. Maybe you all thought it was just a convenience, but for me it was a lifesaver.

I wanted to sincerely thank everyone involved in putting together this great ROM. My phone is now working better than new and it looks fantastic doing it. Thanks!

That's the worst part, it's stock!
I have a friend who rooted his Galaxy Ring an told me that it fixes some issues such as the screen freezing which is why I'm going to try this.
If ur getting reboots stock u probably have some type of hardware issue... If its within a year call virgin for a replacement... How do u like the rom??

uqybyjy4.jpg

We've got batteries for all ur needs!!

I'm stupid. I got the OTA update message once or twice since updating to 2.9. I see the OTA fix.zip (downloaded it) but what do I do with it?

Any battery icon recommendations for the new addition coming soon!!??;)

How about a pulsating glowing ripple looking one..... Or an extending lightsabre..... Or a spinning "one ring to rule them all"...... Or a UFO ejecting a beam..... Or a crazy parabolic vortex looking thingy..... Or moons orbiting a planet.... Or gandalf slamming his staff down!

How about a pulsating glowing ripple looking one..... Or an extending lightsabre..... Or a spinning "one ring to rule them all"...... Or a UFO ejecting a beam..... Or a crazy parabolic vortex looking thingy..... Or moons orbiting a planet.... Or gandalf slamming his staff down!
Lulz...:D

i never had the need for wifi tether (been using usb tether) but i decided to try it recently and i couldnt get it to work. either i connect and have no internet access or i connect and the tether shuts down saying 'what the hell, your phone takes back control over wifi'

any ideas on how to fix?

i never had the need for wifi tether (been using usb tether) but i decided to try it recently and i couldnt get it to work. either i connect and have no internet access or i connect and the tether shuts down saying 'what the hell, your phone takes back control over wifi'

any ideas on how to fix?

R u sure u set it up correctly? I'll post instructions for it in a sec

i used the settings provided in op, also tried settings found in the another thread about it.

Try changing it to channel 11 and use all the settings that are outlined in the op. Mine was set to "1" initially, changing it to "11" fixed it immediately. Also, you can't turn WiFi on through the phones settings when you use it.

Try changing it to channel 11 and use all the settings that are outlined in the op. Mine was set to "1" initially, changing it to "11" fixed it immediately. Also, you can't turn WiFi on through the phones settings when you use it.
thanks, im typing this connected to my awe's wifi tether!
i changed the channel to 11, but also i fixed my noob mistake from prior attempts. the op setting calls for access control enabled, i actually went into access control this time and checked the box on my connection. i think this was why i was getting no internet before, haha.

Every time I check in here, (hoping to see any news I can on the L features you're working on) I see the preview pics that were already posted, then realize, I just drooled a little. I'm so looking forward to it! :D

Chance for flashable stock theme? Gradients are not my friends.

Not sure what you mean by the "gradients" aren't your friend. Can you elaborate a little please? I'm sure whatever you're having an issue with, is more than likely able to be customized or changed. There is also, a stock deodexed out but that's nowhere near as fun as running Moonshine.

I know I haven't posted since 2.2 I think, but I must say thank you again for all the work. It's really been a blast seeing what you guys come up with for each release. Great work.

G6exZNr.png

So, I'm guessing that this is that dreaded B06 update? I thought I read that someone was unable to root because they took it before rooting. Would this cause me to lose root if I take it? Any other known consequences to taking it? And, if I did take it, would the changes get removed if I flash a rom, or would it cause any problems in regard to flashing a rom? (just snagged the L you two put out :D)

G6exZNr.png

So, I'm guessing that this is that dreaded B06 update? I thought I read that someone was unable to root because they took it before rooting. Would this cause me to lose root if I take it? Any other known consequences to taking it? And, if I did take it, would the changes get removed if I flash a rom, or would it cause any problems in regard to flashing a rom? (just snagged the L you two put out :D)
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6634869

Flash this :)

Back
Top Bottom