• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][8/11/2012] Strike! - AOSP Speed FTW ~ [D.I.R.T]

MizzouBrent

Android Expert
Feb 13, 2011
Olathe, KS
This is obviously not my work, but you guys really need to check this rom out that was made by Savoca with some help from Team DIRT. It is bar NONE the fastest ICS rom out there. Holy cow. I wouldn't steer you guys wrong. It's more of an offshoot of Evervolv's work rather than the CM team, but this thing FLIES. Check it out.

[ROM][8/11/2012] Strike! - AOSP Speed FTW ~ [D.I.R.T]

Team D.I.R.T and most of Savoca present...

Features:
-Pure ICS build, fast, stable, and I'm not lying when I say that. This will fly.
-Stable UI, OS
-MMS (YRMV)
-RAM/Performance Tweaks
-Jellybean Imports (Animations, Wallpapers, etc.)
-Tweaks
-Lockscreen Mod (GB, Honeycomb, Eclair)

Bugs:
-4G
-Front-Facing Camera
-You tell me

Credits:
-Lithid (Helped me through all my life troubles)
-Mazda (Insight, you are a hero)
-Evervolv
-kommodoreheinz (Unrelated to the rom, but you helped me to not be so much of a child)
-Team DIRT (Family & stuff)

Changelog:

[1.0.3]
-Removed Launcher preferences from Settings (Enabled in launcher)
-Modified default workspace
-Renamed Toolbox app
v1.0.1
Code:
-Added Themes functionality
-Removed duplicate default wallpaper
-Edited Torch.apk
-Cleaned up build.prop
Download!
v1.0.1
v1.0

Disclaimer: Not responsible if you break your phone blah blah.

I really like this rom so far. I installed the ICS buttons on the bottom just to see how they look and didn't like it. Does anyone know how to remove it or do I have to wipe everything and reinstall the ROM?

well you should have done a nandroid backup that way you can just restore back. but if you did not then just wipe dalvik cache and cache and re-flash the rom. do not wipe anything else. this way all of your settings and data will not be lost. but any other customization you have done might get wiped.

Reactions: AndroidSerpent
Upvote 0
well you should have done a nandroid backup that way you can just restore back. but if you did not then just wipe dalvik cache and cache and re-flash the rom. do not wipe anything else. this way all of your settings and data will not be lost. but any other customization you have done might get wiped.

I know, I always do nandroid backups but I forgot this time. Thanks for the quick reply, you're always a life saver ocnbrze.

Upvote 0
i moved your thread here.

can you tell us what you like about this rom? what kernel does it come with?
here you go
stpic.png

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Anyone have any ideas here???? Still getting lag on my menus.

You could try a different kernel.
Is that a sense rom or AOSP? I haven't looked into/tried it so that's why I ask. Also make sure you use the appropriate sense/AOSP kernel.
And make a nandroid backup before trying a different kernel.:)

Edit: ha, I just read the op...it is AOSP...you could try one of the mason "I" series kernels.
I'll try to find it.

Edit again: found it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1546878

Reactions: marko138
Upvote 0
You could try a different kernel.
Is that a sense rom or AOSP? I haven't looked into/tried it so that's why I ask. Also make sure you use the appropriate sense/AOSP kernel.
And make a nandroid backup before trying a different kernel.:)

Edit: ha, I just read the op...it is AOSP...you could try one of the mason "I" series kernels.
I'll try to find it.

Edit again: found it
[KERNEL][WIP] Mason kernel for supersonic v0.14 - xda-developers
Thanks brother, I'll give that a shot!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones