• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.17.0 [FINAL]

The thread title says that this ROM is final, but I don't see anything in the actual thread confirming it. Is the camera finally working in this ROM? I just wanted to know because I will flash it on my phone if this is a final build and most everything is working.

The camera still doesn't work.

Aww shucks! I was hoping my prayers were answered and this ROM was generally good to go. Oh well I will just have to wait longer then.

So no one is working on CM9 for the Triumph anymore? That would be a shame because that is probably the only way any of us will ever see ICS on our phones. I doubt VM is going to roll out an update anytime soon. It is a such a shame because the Triumph is a really great phone and Froyo just does not do it justice. Luckily I flashed CM7 on my phone anyway so at least I have GB. I have my fingers crossed that by some miracle a fully working ICS ROM will find its way to the Triumph.

So no one is working on CM9 for the Triumph anymore? That would be a shame because that is probably the only way any of us will ever see ICS on our phones. I doubt VM is going to roll out an update anytime soon. It is a such a shame because the Triumph is a really great phone and Froyo just does not do it justice. Luckily I flashed CM7 on my phone anyway so at least I have GB. I have my fingers crossed that by some miracle a fully working ICS ROM will find its way to the Triumph.

CyangonMod just released CM9 RC2 on the way for the final release so CM9 is basically done just like CM7 is done. As soon as the code is completed that will be a good time to work on it as all the fixes will basically be completed.

Ok, so I'm still not clear, even from that CM9 RC2 link on whether the Camera issue will be fixed with CM9 for the MT Triumph :(

It would be a real shame if this were not done. There has been SO much work done to get it to this point, IMHO stopping now would just be wrong. We all got screwed by MT/Virgin on the Triumph and you mods are our only hope for a decently functioning phone.

MT/Virgin has made it official that there will be NO updates from them (at all!) for the Triumph.

Thank you ALL for the great work you have already done. Please don't let it stop.

Ok, so I'm still not clear, even from that CM9 RC2 link on whether the Camera issue will be fixed with CM9 for the MT Triumph :(

It would be a real shame if this were not done. There has been SO much work done to get it to this point, IMHO stopping now would just be wrong. We all got screwed by MT/Virgin on the Triumph and you mods are our only hope for a decently functioning phone.

MT/Virgin has made it official that there will be NO updates from them (at all!) for the Triumph.

Thank you ALL for the great work you have already done. Please don't let it stop.

I don't think that the Triumph CM9 camera issues will be fixed for the Triumph unless the devs that are currently trying to wrap up CM7.2 finish up with that project and then have time to devote to figuring it out. I had hopes that one of the other Huwei variants of our phone that got an official GB update might be bumped up to ICS, but I've been told this is highly unlikely. The devs are our last best hope- we just have to let them do their work & not keep pestering them. I don't think there is anyone who wouldn't like to see a 100% working CM9 ROM for the Triumph!

The camera issue is the only issue that currently prevents me from upgrading to CM9 - the camera is one of the main reasons I chose this model (I was one of the unlucky suckers who bought it even before it went on sale to the public - had I waited to see all the negative reviews, I would never have gotten it) :(

I can live without things like HDMI out, lol, but the Camera is a MUST.

I installed this and it's pretty buggy, but an Alpha I guess that is to be expected. Otherwise it looks amazing and performs pretty well. Thanks devs!

Is it a well known problem that chrome is a steaming pile of garbage on this rom with the triumph?

I guess since cm9 stopped this stopped.

cm9 did stop because the dev (mantra) got anew phone and wont be deving for this phone no more i believe. g60 dsmryder and chairshot will be soon working on cm9 rc2!! (sorry if i speeled their names wrong...im a horrrible speller >,<)

Hello,

IM new to this, Long story short I followed the instructions for Tinkerguy's video and everything went fine , but now my wifi will not turn on? how do I:confused: fix this?

After the first boot, finish set up. I.E. sign into your google account. Then before you do anything else REBOOT. Then you should be running perfectly.

Aww [ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.17.0 [FINAL]
Thanks Devs for y'all hard work

Aww no working camera or no USB tethering and it's final
Thank goodness for EVO V 4G, Just kidding,

Aww no working camera or no USB tether and it's final
Thank goodness for EVO V 4G, Just kidding, Thanks Devs for y'all hard work

Aww no working camera or no USB tethering and it's final
Thank goodness for EVO V 4G, Just kidding,

Trey you slam Mantera's thread but you praise us on MTDEV-CM9. Where in the hell do you think we got CM9 from????? That's right Mantera!!!!! If you dislike all the work being done than why don't you do it yourself. Also stop wasting thread post count on useless double posts that don't help the community. I, for one am sick of seeing you slam so many Developers for incomplete ROM's on this board when you sir have nothing to offer accept useless double posts! Your lucky I am not a MOD or I would have already banned your ass, and your IP! :mad:

Trey you slam Mantera's thread but you praise us on MTDEV-CM9. Where in the hell do you think we got CM9 from????? That's right Mantera!!!!! If you dislike all the work being done than why don't you do it yourself. Also stop wasting thread post count on useless double posts that don't help the community. I, for one am sick of seeing you slam so many Developers for incomplete ROM's on this board when you sir have nothing to offer accept useless double posts! Your lucky I am not a MOD or I would have already banned your ass, and your IP! :mad:

My bad for the double post my computer is slow.
I'm not disrespecting nobody in this forum.
Please don't make me the bad guy.
I respect your hard work and all Devs in this forum.
I'm very thankful for the Devs
hard work

Hi all, i recently read on the xda dev thread that google now was ported to ics devices running cm9. :D Well i went ahead and downloaded the zip and followed the install to the letter.

My problem is i can never get past the getting started page in Google Now without a force close. I was wondering if it had something to do with the last gapps provided in manteras link or some kind of incompatibility within the triumph itself.. :rolleyes:
Thanks to any help! :p

Hi all, i recently read on the xda dev thread that google now was ported to ics devices running cm9. :D Well i went ahead and downloaded the zip and followed the install to the letter.

My problem is i can never get past the getting started page in Google Now without a force close. I was wondering if it had something to do with the last gapps provided in manteras link or some kind of incompatibility within the triumph itself.. :rolleyes:
Thanks to any help! :p

Im not sure so id do some more looking, but one user posted the way they got theres to work was when they flashed the Rom the flashed just the Google now, checked it to make sure it didnt force close, then they went back into recovery and flashed the gapps and they said it was all working fine

again ive never tried the Google now so im not sure but if you do a lil looking around here i think theres atleast 1 maybe 2 threads about it

I have a motorola triumph CM9 issue I was hoping you all could help with? I rebooted after installing and get stuck on the "Welcome to WX435, touch the Android to start" screen. I touch the Android and the touch registers as the Android lights up, but it does nothing. Pressing the "change language" and "Emergency Call" buttons does the same, where the touch registers but nothing happens. Any idea why this might be happening? Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom