• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.17.0 [FINAL]

As Mantera posted in another thread, Jelly Bean should be a much smaller update than Gingerbread to ICS was, so eventually it should be possible. Of course, unless someone gets the camera and HDMI to work, we would still not be able to use them on it.

Alright thanks! Yeah that's what I thought. More of a froyo to gingerbread than gingerbread to ICS. Ok so how long is this going to take? Whats the ETA? Hurry up everyone! Just kidding :) Thanks to everyone who has contributed to getting ICS running on the Triumph and the consistent updates! I know you all have lives. So thank you for taking your time to help meet the wants all the people craving a delicious Ice Cream Sandwich treat (or a jellybean treat :))

I've been having this problem a little bit too and i found if i turn airplane mode on and then off it regains signal without needing a reboot.
Hope this helps you!!

That word not work for me as after I made a call the phone would drop into the R mode and loses the cell signal. No airplane mode would bring it back. Reboot was the only option.

Now back on stock and no such issues anymore. However stock from is quite awful compared to ICS. Well I need to make and receive calls so I will be staying on stock.

That word not work for me as after I made a call the phone would drop into the R mode and loses the cell signal. No airplane mode would bring it back. Reboot was the only option.

Now back on stock and no such issues anymore. However stock from is quite awful compared to ICS. Well I need to make and receive calls so I will be staying on stock.

Why not cm7? It's perfectly stable and not awful

is anyone working on this? Not "eventually going to start working on it." But simply already doing work on it? Im not asking ETA's here and couldn't care less when its released. I would just like to know who's taken this up. Thanks.

is anyone working on this? Not "eventually going to start working on it." But simply already doing work on it? Im not asking ETA's here and couldn't care less when its released. I would just like to know who's taken this up. Thanks.

currently i dont believe anyone is directly working on this, it was mantera, but his phone broke and he got a different device replacement

the team of dev's from here that moved to xda plan on moving to cm9 as soon as they finish there cm7

Changelog:
Alpha 0.6.17.1
-Enabled btwlancoex

Alpha 0.6.17.0
-upstream CM changes. RC1 version.

Ok, here's the final cm9 build. I haven't added anything, just a bunch of upstream fixes that were included in the official CM9 RC1 version that was released for all "Officially supported phones". Since I don't actually have the phone anymore at this time, this is completely untested. So hopefully nothing's broken...

Let me know how this is and if it should be pulled.

...on to JB and cm10.

Changelog:
Alpha 0.6.17.1
-Enabled btwlancoex

Alpha 0.6.17.0
-upstream CM changes. RC1 version.

Ok, here's the final cm9 build. I haven't added anything, just a bunch of upstream fixes that were included in the official CM9 RC1 version that was released for all "Officially supported phones". Since I don't actually have the phone anymore at this time, this is completely untested. So hopefully nothing's broken...

Let me know how this is and if it should be pulled.

...on to JB and cm10.

thank you mantera! i thought we weren't going to have that rc1 update :) good luck ;)

Aww man. Sure wish I could afford a supported phone. This was most definitely the best ROM for this phone.
Not too sure what's new in this update, but it's working fine.

mantera, I know you're done with this device, but I was wondering; would it be insanely difficult to post the latest release minus the sense multi-tasking? I'm not a fan of that, but I love the rest of the rom. If this would require a lot of work, or you just don't feel like it, thanks anyways. Love the work you've done, enjoy the new phone.

mantera, I know you're done with this device, but I was wondering; would it be insanely difficult to post the latest release minus the sense multi-tasking? I'm not a fan of that, but I love the rest of the rom. If this would require a lot of work, or you just don't feel like it, thanks anyways. Love the work you've done, enjoy the new phone.

It's pretty entwined in there. It would take a little bit to find the flles and take them out again and hope that doing that doesn't break anything else. I'm not sure offhand exactly how many errors would be introduced if I just revert the commit since there's been a bunch of framework changes since I originally committed the change. At one point I was going to add an option to select it but never got around to doing it.

this ROM looks awesome! Great work. I flashed it just to check it out, but must use something else until camera is working, as i use it for my job. I will def be keeping an eye on this one.

Getting ready to install this ROM. First time doing it, ever. Have a probably stupid question.

Are these separate ROMs (use one or the other)? If so, which is the most current?

cm-9.0.0.Triumph-Alpha-0.6.17.0.zip

cm-9.0.0.Triumph-Alpha-0.6.17.1.zip

Thanks,
Matt

Getting ready to install this ROM. First time doing it, ever. Have a probably stupid question.

Are these separate ROMs (use one or the other)? If so, which is the most current?

cm-9.0.0.Triumph-Alpha-0.6.17.1.zip

Thanks,
Matt

Most likely you'll want the

the other one is the same, except it has the btwakelock enabled, which is for bluetooth

Just found out a new error wheni compiled the stock camera app into this rom,

E/ExtendedExtractor( 146): Failed to open MM_PARSER_LIB, dlerror = Cannot load library: load_library[1120]: Library 'libmmparser.so' not found
E/ExtendedExtractor( 146): Failed to open MM_PARSER_LITE_LIB, dlerror = Cannot load library: load_library[1120]: Library 'libmmparser_lite.so' not found
i thought it would be a permissions issue if they were present but i checked the MANIFEST.MF
and they dont appear to be in there.
Not sure if this helps in anyway to getting the camera to load with a new kernel or not xD

Also i was at 100% battery when i went to sleep woke up and its at 48% -.-
looked at cpu spy and deepsleep is not being used.
I do apologize ahead of time if these problems have already been said as i have just upgrade to my Triumph

The thread title says that this ROM is final, but I don't see anything in the actual thread confirming it. Is the camera finally working in this ROM? I just wanted to know because I will flash it on my phone if this is a final build and most everything is working.

Back
Top Bottom