• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Angry Bean / CM 10.1 [build 08.08.13]

I'm using 7/2 build with 7/3 kernel. Battery life is below average, but more acceptable for me than problems with other builds.

It does run hot with the screen on.

Hey, been a while since I have updated (since around april) and was wondering if with the current version would I need to wipe clean to update or can I dirty flash? I've accumulated a lot of data since last updating and would like to avoid a wipe if possible. Don't really trust Titanium Backup either.

Hey, been a while since I have updated (since around april) and was wondering if with the current version would I need to wipe clean to update or can I dirty flash? I've accumulated a lot of data since last updating and would like to avoid a wipe if possible. Don't really trust Titanium Backup either.
I've done Dirty Flashes with Angry Bean & havent had an issue. Except for the bugs that come with the ROMs.
I wouldn't use the Latest firmware; If u keep reading the last 2 pages, everyone has issues with the last.

I am a newbie and have successfully installed the 08.08.13 angry bean after doing all of the appropriate steps. It is a FANTASTIC rom and I now have no reason to upgrade my 2 year old evo v. I noticed the mic issue and at first was like eh, no big deal but as I get further into this rom I am seeing more needs for the mic. i.e. google now, zello for push to talk etc. How do I go about downgrading to the 07.02 version to avoid this issue and get my mic back again? Is there something special I need to do or simply clear the dalvik and cache and then just flash as normal (with the vm file and the google play file of course)? Thanks guys, you saved me several hundred bucks for sure as I was itching to get that gigantic HTC One Max.

I downgraded to 07.02 with the 07.03 kernel as recommended above and my mic is still not working, only for phone app. In a text msg if I tap the mic button an unfortunately has stopped quickly flashes and basically crashes the messaging app. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips and tricks for me to get this working? Thanks for your time.

I do not know what I seem to be doing wrong but I can not get the mic to work on 07.02 or 07.17 angry bean roms. When I pull up a text message and touch the mic icon, it screws up my texting altogether. Each install I am doing a full restore, wiping everything and installing in the order of

1. Rom
  2. vmm fix
  3. gapps-jb

Then I start the ROM and make sure everything is working and reboot and install the 0702 mean kernel. Seems like everything is working for me except this issue. I do not have great 4G in the area I live so do not know about that. Was hoping someone could reply and point me in the right direction.

The time I wanted to downgrade 08.08 I did a Dirty Flash of 07.02.13; restarted & did 07.03.13 Kernel update. It worked fine.

If that didn't work for you then I suggest you wipe everything (Except SD Card) & of course also wipe Dalvik Cache & install 07.02.13.
Once you rebooted your phone, do the Google setup just for the hell of it. Then restart & do the 07.03.13 update. You should be good if u follow those steps.

I ended up redoing everything and I installed 0717. The mic was not working on anything except phone calls. A day or 2 later all of a sudden it was working. I have no idea what changed from that. Maybe an app I installed or something? Now it works like a charm and I am pretty damn happy. I travel to a lot of addresses for my part time job and sometimes lose internet altogether even tho it shows I still am connected to 3g. Only way I have seen to fix it is reboot the phone.

Is there a way to add the reboot to recovery or perform a hot reboot by pressing power button? Also, will cm 10.2 be coming for our phones? I am not ready to call it quits on the ol' Evo V just yet. I do notice the brightness of my Evo does not seem to be able to go as high as before. When I am outside it is difficult to see. I have tweaked the settings too. Thanks!

Hi I'm really liking this rom. Its just that I have two pretty big issues with it. If anyone could help me then I am forever grateful to you. The first is that the screen is detecting multiple touches even when I am not touching the screen. Actually, visual feedback shows 1 or more dots indicating touches but really the screen just freezes. I've wiped and reinstalled everything a couple times... and I do have these currently installed :
cm-10.1-20130702.zip 150.57 MB 02.07.13 22:32:30
cm-1angrykern_07.03.2013.zip 3.75 MB 03.07.13 22:02:09
Secondly recording video has these rough lines flashing and stays in the video and i was wondering if anyone was having any issues with that.
Thanks in advance if anybody had any answers. And i hope anyone else with these issues could read them.

The first is that the screen is detecting multiple touches even when I am not touching the screen. Actually, visual feedback shows 1 or more dots indicating touches but really the screen just freezes. I've wiped and reinstalled everything a couple times... and I do have these currently installed :
cm-10.1-20130702.zip 150.57 MB 02.07.13 22:32:30
cm-1angrykern_07.03.2013.zip 3.75 MB 03.07.13 22:02:09
That's a new issue, never came across with any ROM or ROM updates. Only thing I can suggest is RUU & see if happens with Stock ROM.
It might come down to a Hardware Issue.

Secondly recording video has these rough lines flashing and stays in the video and i was wondering if anyone was having any issues with that.
I did experience Static-Like Lines when Recording Video. Hopefully [maybe] an update will fix that issue.
My solution is that whenever I REALLY need video, I just go back to a ICS ROM (Cool ICS v17 EvoC with Cool CamMod v6 & CoolZ Evo3D v5.7 Kernel Update). That ICS ROM has a RIDICULOUS Picture & Video Quality. Good battery life also.

Thanks a lot ill try that ROM for sure. Hopefully for whatever reason the issue with the screen freezing up will be gone haha never know with these things

I can't get the 0808 build to install. I keep getting an error. The 0717 build works perfectly for me, though, so I'm pretty content. What am I doing wrong?

So I switched to this ROM a couple months ago and I have had some issues with in-call audio. Sometimes when I make or receive phone calls the audio in completely inaudible and sounds like a garbled mess. I will answer a call and not be able to hear anything at all. Also, I had one call where the other person could not hear me, though I do not know that was an issue with my phone because it only happened once.

Has anyone else had issues with this ROM during phone calls? I do not make phone calls frequently enough for this to be a big problem (I've lived with it for a couple months) but I do need to figure it out. I think I will try to reinstall the ROM today and see if that helps.

Thanks for any help people can provide.

So I switched to this ROM a couple months ago and I have had some issues with in-call audio. Sometimes when I make or receive phone calls the audio in completely inaudible and sounds like a garbled mess. I will answer a call and not be able to hear anything at all. Also, I had one call where the other person could not hear me, though I do not know that was an issue with my phone because it only happened once.

Has anyone else had issues with this ROM during phone calls? I do not make phone calls frequently enough for this to be a big problem (I've lived with it for a couple months) but I do need to figure it out. I think I will try to reinstall the ROM today and see if that helps.

Thanks for any help people can provide.

i have had that problem with cm rom ive tried although it doesnt occur enough to warrant me switching back to sense rom

I couldn't find a clear answer on this, but when I tried to record a video, it recorded no audio with it. I hear a click at the beginning of the video, but it's dead silent. Any thoughts?

I just moved to Atlanta and according to Sprint's coverage map I should have 4G. I turned wimax on in the settings but my phone isn't connecting. What am I missing?

Back
Top Bottom