• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM} Boost stock JELLY BEAN 4.1 cwm flashable and i added a full stock no root cwm backup

I dont see why not. Just dont remove stock launcher. I think xxpako added the holo launcher and reboot. But ill let him confirm that ok. Glad its finally up and running on your phone :-)

holo does not come with the jb update so he must have added it. As long as you have a launcher in /system/app you will be ok.

If you are flashing the older partition updater, it does not matter which order, but if you are using the newer system prep, you must flash it before the rom otherwise you will erase the rom you just flashed.

Hi guys, so let me get this strait
1 CWM recovery mode
2 backup
3 wipe data factory reset
4 reboot
5 install both zips (xxpako b11 and super partition)
6 reboot
am i right on this also does it matter in what order i install both zips? if some one can offer some guidance thanks

not sure it matters i say flash the partition last cuz thats the way people has reported working

xxpako and SupeR wanna thank you both for your zip files they worked great , i have now Jelly Bean update its freaking awesome!!!! just wanna know if it would be safe to remove hollow launcher and hollow reboot since i dont use them once again thanks guys
yes they are safe to remove you just need to leave one laucher on system no matter wich as long there is one
try this app i just tested and is safe to remove holo reboot and holo laucher today im testing safe removable apps tomorrow i let you know wich apps are safe to remove tank you for testing rom

I guess I had a bad upload since System_Prep_JB_warp.zip is 10MB lol

Here is a new link
System_Prep_JB_warp2.zip | by superr for Warp Sequent

Please update the op. Sorry everyone.

Super, I've got a question. How would it be possible to reload a previously saved nandroid, IF you wanted to go back from J.B., since having used your formatting zip?

Wouldn't that cause certain failure?

Would you need to flash your other partition zip, that restores partitions?
And if so, when would that be flashed, before, or after the nandroid?

Thanks.

I dont see why not. Just dont remove stock launcher. I think xxpako added the holo launcher and reboot. But ill let him confirm that ok. Glad its finally up and running on your phone :-)
yes i added holo laucher and holo reboot they are safe to remove if you dont like them but zte stock laucher some times is kind of laggy any laucher from market works better then zte stock laucher

holo does not come with the jb update so he must have added it. As long as you have a launcher in /system/app you will be ok.

If you are flashing the older partition updater, it does not matter which order, but if you are using the newer system prep, you must flash it before the rom otherwise you will erase the rom you just flashed.

wait a minute! thats precisely what i did first i flashed b11 an then system prep partition, so you are saying that erase b11? but it seems everything is working fine how could i know?:confused:

SupeR is saying something about the order in which the rom is flashed just a little confused

i also tested a factory wipe on my rom to see if after done that could cause the phone to be stock on boot and it rebooted nicely and everything working system updates apps camera service all working

SupeR is saying something about the order in which the rom is flashed just a little confused

i tested flashing the zips b11 firt then partition and partition firt then zip b11 and it worked the same im just saying flash partition last cuz thats the way people has reported that worked for them

and i think you can tell when you not flash a rom the rigt way are you having any issues ?? if your not your good

ok thanks man just wanted to make sure like i said everything seems to be working fine just a little worried i thought maybe i erased b11 or partition updater thanks

if you are using the newer System_Prep_JB_warp2.zip it should be wiping /system. If it is not then something is wrong with it lol

ok thanks man just wanted to make sure like i said everything seems to be working fine just a little worried i thought maybe i erased b11 or partition updater thanks

System_Prep_JB_warp2.zip SHOULD erase b11 and all your data and should only be flashed BEFORE the rom...however, it seems it is not erasing /system which means it is broken lol

if you are using the newer System_Prep_JB_warp2.zip it should be wiping /system. If it is not then something is wrong with it lol
im using the las one you post but just to make shure changing flashing partition to step one :)

if they flashed a non working partition zip and they got the update working whit no problems lags bugs forcloses maybe the partition is not that necesary to have it

if they flashed a non working partition zip and they got the update working whit no problems lags bugs forcloses maybe the partition is not that necesary to have it

I believe that it is possible there is a bug in some cwm installs, not all, that may prevent proper formatting of the partitions. I was trying to prevent that possibility but for some reason the partitions don't seem to be formatting anyway lol. Looking into it now.

I believe that it is possible there is a bug in some cwm installs, not all, that may prevent proper formatting of the partitions. I was trying to prevent that possibility but for some reason the partitions don't seem to be formatting anyway lol. Looking into it now.

were are those partitions located are they in data/local/tmp ???

so how do i exactly know if partitions are installed properly, what do they do should i re flash and do it in that order? (partitions and b11 rom) :confused:

so how do i exactly know if partitions are installed properly, what do they do should i re flash and do it in that order? (partitions and b11 rom) :confused:

if your not having any issues whit your phone i dont think you need to reflash the partitions are to make it work properly but if is working properly you dont need it check with alogcat to see if you have any errors if you dont you dont need to reflash

xxpako did you download this busybox too or did it come pre installed with JB? also does anybody have any idea about this Qualcom Enhanced location service?

Back
Top Bottom