• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] GB-CMod7-Beta

sometimes even when the screen animations are off. I sometimes still get the black screen or it takes a while to come up. It would be awesome if u get the graphics problem fixed. that's the only problem i have. We need the full power of our graphics if u can

You can put a live wallpaper to do away with the black screen, or as soon as you press a button on your phone swipe the screen and it will unlock.

When newer updates come out for CyanogenMod will we be able to get them soon after, or would they take awhile due to having to be ported?

Upvote 0
is it just me,or is the internal memory larger than normal with this rom? i feel like i can hold more apps now... B)

yeah it is larger lol

its not that the internal memory is larger, *that is 100% impossible through just a rom*

butttt it does leave alot more internal memory left over :D!
im not sure if reppard added ext support or not though, i haven't tested that out :O but if he hasn't i know he will eventually :)

Upvote 0
Has anyone figured out how to fix the screen issue yet? Tapping the screen doesn't always work. I had to take my battery out t.o turn my alarm off this morning

Turning off the screen on and off animations solved the issue for me. Mine never gets stuck now but I'll still work on making the animations work. Glad to hear your alarm works ;)

Reactions: Prime85
Upvote 0
Thank you Repard for your hard work. I wanted to say I have trouble with the battery life only lasting a day. Is this because our kernel isnt up to par or how can this be fixed? I dont have service on mine so I use the wifi for VOIP calls and I have my phone in airplane mode all the time and I see that the cell standby is also still on under battery usage. Plz help anyone

Upvote 0
Thank you Repard for your hard work. I wanted to say I have trouble with the battery life only lasting a day. Is this because our kernel isnt up to par or how can this be fixed? I dont have service on mine so I use the wifi for VOIP calls and I have my phone in airplane mode all the time and I see that the cell standby is also still on under battery usage. Plz help anyone

I've noticed the battery life does seem a little bit shorter so far albeit not by a huge margin. I will be looking for ways to improve this in the future. One thing I did notice also is that it takes less time to charge...kernel upgrade could fix the drain issue but that will take some time :)

Reactions: nomorefear
Upvote 0
Hmmm may try that then. Thought Reppard found something wrong and fixed it.

The GPS is working it just has a little bug were it mislocates at first. You can try editing /system/etc/gps.cfg. there is an option intermediate_pos=1. Change that value to 0 and save. I think that should fix it. Ill include the fixed cfg in the next update. Lemme know if that gives anyone positive results!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones