• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] GB-CMod7-Beta

Ok so I tried your suggestion with the conf file. The first time I put it on I forgot to put the permissions to what they should be so i thought that is why it was working. But I did it again and matched the permissions to the original file but still a no go :(

Alright so this little GPS bug was pissing me off. Google maps put me in the right place eventually but 3rd party apps like my weather clock still had difficulty placing me. I put immediate_pos back to 1. Then I opened the stock browser went to settings, disabled the enable location option, rebooted and bam. My weather app found my location in about five seconds. Give that a try.

Upvote 0
Alright so this little GPS bug was pissing me off. Google maps put me in the right place eventually but 3rd party apps like my weather clock still had difficulty placing me. I put immediate_pos back to 1. Then I opened the stock browser went to settings, disabled the enable location option, rebooted and bam. My weather app found my location in about five seconds. Give that a try.

you sir are awesome! randomest bug haha

Upvote 0
Now my GPS works perfectly. One problem i am having though is that when GPS is off and use wireless networks for location is on, it does not work. I like to use the wireless networks for locations when it doesnt have to be an exact position like with my weather app because it uses less battery then having the GPS on all the time.

If anyone is having a problem with their wireless network location function let me know.

Upvote 0
I found something else, if someone wants to confirm this bug. I flashed the MMS fix and now i can send pictures through text. The Problem sending long text messages when it changes from normal message to an MMS it will not send.

let me know if anyone else has this issue.

I am having the same issue. Pics send but not long messages that convert to mms.

And I also can't customize my ring tones. Also sometimes when I get a call the screen wont light up.

Upvote 0
Has anyone checked if Google maps can locate them without GPS on just using the wifi/mobile network locate function? If anyone has this working then it might be my phone and ill reflash the rom but if others have this same problem ill just put up with it since I have gotten tired off setting up my phone.

Upvote 0
I downloaded my rom off of chrome and somehow I didnt have the market on it and gmail just wont come in. :(
I am downloading it using IE and I will report on how that comes out.
Also I wanted to know if anyone besides me has tried a doing a nand backup plus the recovery. I have failed thus far. :(

i did a nandroid back up of the cm7 rom and restored it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones