• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROM [GB27] Project X v3.9 {Team Rejectz}(Updated 01/06/14)

Love the rom dude and everything is great, but updates 2.1 and 2.2 the wifi and usb tethering wont work, but I did do a dirty flash so don't know if that has anything to do with it. Other than that man its the best I have used :D

Hmm... Haven't heard anybody having that issue, Wi-Fi Tethering just worked for me.

Hmm... Haven't heard anybody having that issue, Wi-Fi Tethering just worked for me.

Yep i even did a fresh install and cant get my desktop or my tablet to connect wirelessly or my desktop to connect on usb tethered, but when i go back to 2.0 it works flawlessly on either lol.........

I really like this ROM, but I wonder if the dev has considered making a separate zip for all this extra stuff? I mean it's a little overboard. My app count was at something like 300 or 350. And it's not a matter of just getting rid of apps you don't use, there are a billion dependencies hanging around, and it's not exactly clear what goes with what. I'm on my third install because I get rid of one thing and it breaks another. Also this is really just bad for trying to sort out bugs and stuff like that.

I really urge that all that excessive stuff be separated into another flash. The rom is really smooth and so far everything works, but all the crazyness from the bloat makes it a little superflous and redundant. I have like 6 wallpaper apps, three or four music players, two launchers, two galleries, two cameras.

I'm not usually critical of free, but I have deved roms too, and I still consider all this when releasing. Just some constructive criticism.

Besides all that, this rom as far as I can tell is super solid. Thanks.

This ROM is a Cadillac. I am glad everything is not a separate zip. There are enough stripped down ROMs out there. The phone has the horsepower to handle it nicely. The only thing I would watch is the kernel. The Agat 1.3 TW JB kernel doesn't like some apps but that is minor and I have found workarounds for the apps I have ran into problems with.

This ROM is a Cadillac. I am glad everything is not a separate zip. There are enough stripped down ROMs out there. The phone has the horsepower to handle it nicely. The only thing I would watch is the kernel. The Agat 1.3 TW JB kernel doesn't like some apps but that is minor and I have found workarounds for the apps I have ran into problems with.

I have to agree, i dont mind uninstalling a few apps at all, to me its well worth the little extra effort to have a good rom, but again just my opinion.....:D

What I really like is the 3minit settings on TW for this rom. I had to try this rom because I heard so many good things,and it does indeed run pretty flawlessly (nice battery life too). Can anybody point out which apps it has issues with?

What are your favorite mods to run with this?

What I really like is the 3minit settings on TW for this rom. I had to try this rom because I heard so many good things,and it does indeed run pretty flawlessly (nice battery life too). Can anybody point out which apps it has issues with?

I havent had any issues with anything thats just it, its one of the reasons i have stucked with it so long lol, everything works, im sure there maybe some apps that dont but i havent ran into any :)

Mods you would have to check out XDA, i have seen alot on there, but as far as theming there are a bunch, i run Apex and there are tons of themes that work great with this, you would just take your pick on the play store, i have like six i switch between lol...;)

Here are acouple of the ones im running now lol.....;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-08-21-37-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-08-21-37-08.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_2013-07-08-21-35-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-08-21-35-17.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 61

I had posted about the recovery kernels a good while back. The issues I had happen with the Agat one were not major, but were there.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...jb-jb-kernels-agats-recovery.html#post5765936

I also noticed that Antutu benchmark would report the speed at 1600Mhz even though I was not overclocked at the time of running it. Again that is a minor thing.

Reactions: Doc
I wouldn't put it past running at 1600. My settings never stick and I have checked to see what was going on by putting two oc apps and they both reported conflicting speeds. I'm going to try a different kernel.

I'm looking for actual themes that change not stuff like icons or launchers but actual framework png colors. @Doc

I wouldn't put it past running at 1600. My settings never stick and I have checked to see what was going on by putting two oc apps and they both reported conflicting speeds. I'm going to try a different kernel.

I'm looking for actual themes that change not stuff like icons or launchers but actual framework png colors. @Doc

Right again like I said before lol read thru the OP on xda, there are some mods in the thread ;)

Although Antutu kept saying it was at 1600,I was able to verify it was running at 1200 and the benchmark results matched results running on the stock kernel at 1200. The speeds and governor setting do go to a default speed at boot up, but I would have voltage control set them on boot, which worked well.

I am using Garwynn's kernel which doesn't support OC but you can use Tegrak Overclock to get around that.

Ok. So I'm not really feeling this rom. There are way too many issues for me one being the bloat- oc didn't stick (tried several different oc apps as well as kernels). There are issues with apps like somebody had mentioned, the xpose deal doesn't work that well for me (it only themes parts). The lock screen didn't change wallpapers of I use another launcher. I think having all these apps creates way too many problems (more than I'm willing to deal with).

I like that all the basic stuff works the way its supposed to. I might just grab the Sprint gb27 and mod it myself.

Aside from the bloat once again this is a great rom- but I just get irritated with way too many bells and whistles. There isn't anything wrong with the build, it's just personal preference. A lot of people like this rom because it's solid and has a lot of features that can't be obtained through aosp roms or from stock builds. It's fun playing with the s4 and Sony stuff.

I can't help it. I'm a minimalist. I highly recommend it for those who want all the basic solid stock function that aosp had problems with.

I'll just say this, I put all that stuff in there because everybody likes different stuff, I try to throw a little of everything in. Like the OP says "DEBLOAT TO YOUR LIKING". No matter what ROM it is you gotta debloat it unless you make it yourself. I didn't think it was a big deal... Tell me what you want removed and I'll remove it in a special zip for you if you really find it that difficult... That seems to be your only issue, so if that's all it takes hit me with a list.

Plus my phone has been running HOT.... ? is this the kernel?

If your phone is running hot that is usually the sign of a rogue app that is keeping your phone from going into deep sleep. V2.5 has ComaDose and a lot more tweaks that will help your phone sleep like a baby. I recommend trying the update, I debloated a lot. Just watch out for XPrivacy it's been causing problems for a few people, if you have problems delete that first.

That would signify an app misbehaving. Under normal operation, the phone will spend very little time at max speed. It is not advisable to have your governor set at performance as constant running at max will overheat the phone.

This was running on demand sio.

If your phone is running hot that is usually the sign of a rogue app that is keeping your phone from going into deep sleep. V2.5 has ComaDose and a lot more tweaks that will help your phone sleep like a baby. I recommend trying the update, I debloated a lot. Just watch out for XPrivacy it's been causing problems for a few people, if you have problems delete that first.

I'll give ita shot. Thanks for the offer to debloat. I followed the instructions and did it myself but i would get rid of something and it would break something else. I could get rid of apps I didn't like which wasn'ta problem but rather that I didn't want lingering dependencies hanging out in the rom. Any ways i understand that a lot of people like all this stuff. That's whyi said it'sa great rom just not my style. However i haven't tried the new update and i did read the xda thread and it indeed looks a little more skimmed down. I'll flash it later tonight or Tomorrow.

Thanks for a great rom. It for sure is my favorite out of the 3 tw roms i tried.

Back