• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][JB4.3.1][JLS36I][Unofficial] Chameleon OS Nightlies [11/9]

I'll probably be slowing these builds down to once a week or more, because I like the beanstalk builds more and will focus on those a little more, just though I would give you guys a heads up

actually disregard this, chameleon os people just released V0.8 beta and it looks really cool. beanstalk is to much clogged up with features i dont care for, chamos i like more now cause its more sleek and clean, so ill probably now focus on these builds instead of the beanstalk, so 0.8 beta is coming our way soon!

Reactions: ortrigger
Upvote 0
Thanks,also tried GPS and it didn't want to seem to find my location.The older version of Chameleons the GPS worked fine,anyone having trouble with GPS or is it just me?Also is there a way to turn off the backlight on the hardkeys?

The same init.d script I had posted to disable button backlights (as it's own script) should work on pretty much any rom.

Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness

Basically, you just need to execute that command each boot... since I couldnt find a good way to keep it to persist between reboots. The 0 tells it to turn off, and a value between 1-255 (i believe) is supposed to set the variable brightness... But our phone is either on or off... so any value but 0 turns it back on.

facebook seems to always have problems, i just use the mobile site, the app seems really laggy, also... https://twitter.com/ChaOS_ROM/status/360429173531082752

Yeah, that's why I never worried about the facebook app crashing while testing kernels. It's a crappy app with next to zero error tolerance/handling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones