• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Miui RePortaled V.2.0

joemossjr

Android Enthusiast
Feb 17, 2011
Bardstown, Kentucky
174871_115244485217987_6208220_n.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages (bricking/phone ruining) occurred while flashing or using this ROM. By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

SPECIAL NOTE (please read): These builds are NOT being built from source (only partially). I cannot account for what Xiaomi has done to the Android source. Also, this port is technically a port of a port (DesireS-CN --> DesireS-EN --> Triumph). I can only account for the changes I made personally. There are no records on what was changed up to this point from elsewhere. The fact that this ROM is closed-source has unnerved some people in the Android community (for good reason). These things are something to consider. I have yet to find anything malicious in MIUI (neither has anyone else in the Android community), but if it were me, I would be careful with my sensitive data.

What works:

• RIL/3G/1xRTT
  • Audio/Call recording
  • WIFI
  • USB Tethering
  • Bluetooh
  • Capacitive button keymapping
  • 2D/3D/EGL/GPU [see "Known issues" section below]
  • LED (dual-mode)
  • Capacitive button lights with PWM control
  • Screen rotate/orientation
  • E-compass
  • Touchscreen with multitouch/screen rotate capable
  • USB mounting
  • CRT screen off animation
  • Proximity sensor
  • Camera (front and rear) [see "Known issues" section below]
  • GPS
  • Ambient light sensor
  • HD 720P video recording/FFC video recording
  • MMS (send and receive; pictures or video)
  • MIUI Torch
  • Google Talk with video/voice chat
  • Wired headset
  • Haptic feedback on capacitive keys
  • Native WIFI tethering [see "Known issues" section below]
What doesn't work:

• HDMI out/mirroring
Known issues:

• These builds, as mentioned, are not being built from source. As such, measures were taken to get everything working. Don't be surprised if you get a FC or eleven. Furthermore, these are developmental builds (i.e. not stable). Some of you may be able to live with it, some won't.
  • Since MIUI requires VMSPLIT3G, a new kernel was made to follow this requirement. As such, the memory allocation for the GPU was changed. Most lower-end games should not have any issues, but HD (higher-end) games are mostly unplayable as so many elements are missing.
  • While the FFC works, output during video calling and snapshots is not mirrored.
  • Native WIFI tethering seems to be picky about the devices it allows to connect. I had no problem tethering my Optimus V, but it wouldn't allow my Ubuntu laptop to see the hotspot.
Downloads:
RAR File With Themes:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60122779/MIUI.rar
V.2.0 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60122779/MIUIV.2.zip
Without orange and if you want the centered clock back http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60122779/FIXED%21.zip
Mods:
~4-way Reboot mod
~Speed kernel 5.6 Pre Installed
~Volume+ mod(hold volume up or down to change song)
~Lg Widgets(Lg weather and clock does work but force closes sometimes just keep on trying to add it and it shoudl work i dont know how to fix it. but just keep on trying to add it to the screen and it will work after about 5 times.)
~Android Pro Widgets
~Added Wallpapers
~Added galaxy S ringtones
~Added Live Wallpapers Added 3d gallery instead of miui one.)
~Added a RAR file for the miui themes that look good on this unrar it and put the miui folder on the root of your sd card then with a file browser go to the theme folder and apply them like that also some wallpapers on there to.
~MIUI Extended Settings
~Lg Keyboard!
~Ics Animations
~Ics Roboto Font
~More things are orange now lol
~Orange overscroll
~Probably more just forgot lol.
SCREENSHOTS
20120404143750.png

20120404143734.png

20120404143639.png

The App Drawer
20120404143454.png

20120404143431.png

20120404143355.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones