• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]{MS840} Number_Two v1.8 ~ ZVA

I dirty flashed 1.2 today over over 1.1, then I went ahead and flashed the stock lock-screen and the mms2.zip.

I vote mms2 should be integrated into #2 v1.3 :p.

I personally like the stock lock screen better, but is there a way to change the "MetroPCS" on it?, I wanna change it to something like....I dunno.. Schtolteheim Reinbach IV.
I agree with adding the mms theme to the next update but he is also looking into making the sent/recvd texts a little diff in color to tell the 2 apart :D I also like the stock lock screen and would love for the Metropcs banner to be gone, its good to see ppl giving feedback for this ROM to help improve it.

Never tested out the BT mainly because I don't use it for anything, but today during class my friend has been trying to send me her textbook (pdf version) so i dont have to buy it and we couldn't get it to send. Then I thought O_O lets just connect through BT and send it to me like that! Then I was like :/ darn my rom has BT problems.. But i tried anyway and it worked swimmingly lol. Took 1hr and 30mins but i got my textbook (350MB)

op update, 1.3 hopefully the official fixer ;)
Thank you kind Sir :adore: . Even though I already had it all installed I flashed it anyways lol!! I think Im addicted becasue I look like this in front of my pc at home and at work everyday -->

Is there anyway way to recalibrate the accelerometer cause mine like with auto-rotate on turns to the right without turning that way any when i turn to the left it still goes right. Help plz

Is there anyway way to recalibrate the accelerometer cause mine like with auto-rotate on turns to the right without turning that way any when i turn to the left it still goes right. Help plz

Install anycut from Google play. Open it and tap make new shortcut. Tap activity and scroll al the way down till you see motion calibration. Tap that to make a shortcut. It will create a shortcut on your home screen. Open it from your homescreen and follow the directions.

I'm also including the link here just in case you can't find it in googleplay.

http://db.tt/jVyWBJmK

Install anycut from Google play. Open it and tap make new shortcut. Tap activity and scroll al the way down till you see motion calibration. Tap that to make a shortcut. It will create a shortcut on your home screen. Open it from your homescreen and follow the directions.

I'm also including the link here just in case you can't find it in googleplay.

http://db.tt/jVyWBJmK

I know this is not where i should ask but thank u so damn much

Idk if anybody else is having this problem..but when someone sends me a pic..and I try to save it using the stock messenger..it saves internally..and not to the memory card

i have a question i have number two v1.1 install and if i flash number two v1.3 over it i wont loose my apps or any data right? or i have to do a fresh flash of the number two v1.3 if i want to update?

what he said :D ^^^^ but the status bar icons are still grouping up to the left when on landscape =/ oh and idk if its because of the changes in the stock messaging, but i wasnt able to send pictures? And one last thing, scrolling feels a lot better :D (im the bearer of good and bad news at the moment haha)

Reporting back. I love this ROM. It is very responsive/smooth/snappy. Haven't found any wierd bugs yet. Just an annoying one, like when you press the wifi icon, it changes to the stock icon. Wether you are turning it on or off, then it goes back to ROM's icon. All the other icons work perfectly, except this one. I'm also having the same problem with someone sending me a pic as FNF85 has mentioned.

Battery life is horrible! Is there anyway to improve it?

I just installed this ROM a bit ago. I've been using BP since it came and I don't have any problems with it I just thought I needed to check this out. I also put the stock lock screen on. At first I thought I was stuck in a bootloop but after taking the battery out it went ahead and booted okay. First thing I noticed off the bat was the time wasn't in the center anymore....yay!!!!! Everything seems very smooth. Well kinda, lol. Then I was checking something with the VMPlayer for someone and it did the same thing while booting...not wanting to come out of my animation. I took the battery out and back in and it booted up okay. I was changing my theme on TSF Shell and then decided I should check my boot again. Sigh....same thing....only now I'm really stuck so I'm about to run the delooper. I had always wondered before, how did they get stuck in a bootloop? My answer now is...who the smeg knows? lol...I didn't do anything different than I normally do. This is the first time I've ever had any problems. I'm assuming that's what this is, it's what it sounds like. It just seems odd to me that I have been able to boot....not easily, but I did have success. I am truly looping now. lol.....looping for loopy girl lol

Ladrifta, thank you very much for all your work and to everyone of you who has been here helping. Normally I am right here volunteering also, I just haven't been feeling up to par lately. Oh, hey, it just stopped looping and is now on...that took well over 10minutes. Now I don't know what I should do...

Anna

Actually I don't know how to tell time...android assistant says it took 6:50....still that's not acceptable. lol I will see what I can figure out.

Okay, the delooper didn't fix this situation. I'm not sure this is a true bootloop anyway as it will eventually load. This time it took 8:11. I'm going to do some wiping although I already did. It's Halloweenish, perhaps I have corpses in my basement...bahahahahahahaha

The rom takes a while to boot for the first time, but ldrifta did a good job with the theme. Runs smoothly just can't overclock cpu without blitzkreig kernel

Another bug I noticed, and hopefully is very easy to fix (I wouldn't know) but the buttons when someone calls me don't really show up. Like "Answer" and etc... it just appears blank.

Another bug I noticed, and hopefully is very easy to fix (I wouldn't know) but the buttons when someone calls me don't really show up. Like "Answer" and etc... it just appears blank.

Tht's been brought up before. that bug has been in since first beta. Drifta's aware of it. its a theme issue so if it really bugs you you could just flash a theme over the rom and it'll be just fine

Okay, the delooper didn't fix this situation. I'm not sure this is a true bootloop anyway as it will eventually load. This time it took 8:11. I'm going to do some wiping although I already did. It's Halloweenish, perhaps I have corpses in my basement...bahahahahahahaha

Just by the way, the delooper is intended to be used when you're in a CWM bootloop, when your phone keeps booting into CWM. All it does is basically remove CWM. If you flashed the delooper in an actual boot loop, not a CWM bootloop, then there'd be no way to accces CWM, leaving you with the LG Update Tool as the only way to fix your phone.

Back
Top Bottom