• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]{MS840} Number_Two v1.8 ~ ZVA

yeah sorry has some ups & downs with the new mms theme lol do you guys not like it?

Personally I preferred the old text theme because of functionality and when you use voice to text with the minimal input box in the new theme its annoying not to be able to see what you have to send. Is there anyway to just install the old theme but keep all the improvements of ver 1.5. Thanks

Upvote 0
I luv the theme, I always set my apps on the dark themes if they are available,shit I even installed the inverted version of Google Play lol! Not only do darker themes look good but they also save on battery :D so for me its just the txt box only having 1 line, but having a way to flash back to the original theme is a great idea for those who dnt like the darkness lol!!

Upvote 0
Is this for a Lg Connect. If not then why does is say LG-Connect 4G(MS840)?
Just wondering if it is so. I see a reply by airtioteclint saying: "Hope nobody mistaken that link for a connect and brick their phone." The reason I asked is because I put links for you guys here on the forum site. Please fix this so people will not hard brick there Lg Connect:mad:. thanks.. By the way great work guys love what you do on the forum.:D;):D;):D

Upvote 0
Is this for a Lg Connect. If not then why does is say LG-Connect 4G(MS840)?
Just wondering if it is so. I see a reply by airtioteclint saying: "Hope nobody mistaken that link for a connect and brick their phone." The reason I asked is because I put links for you guys here on the forum site. Please fix this so people will not hard brick there Lg Connect:mad:. thanks.. By the way great work guys love what you do on the forum.:D;):D;):D

Yes this is for the LG Connect, that was posted when this was first released and ldrifta posted a link to the original #2 ROM that was made for the Esteem so that we can see screenshots :) but now that you mentioned it maybe airtioteclint will edit/delete that part of his post :D

Upvote 0
Greetings ldrifta !!
I have 2 issues that might need to be brought up to your attention regarding the ongoing development of the ROM:

Issue #1
I'm trying to reboot into recovery mode (CWM touch) in order to flash the new v1.5 Number_2 ROM but now it seems to hang on the reboot and not go into CWM (at least 15 minutes before I gave up). I started by first successfully rebooting into recovery mode/CWM using titanium back. I cleared the dalvik cache with no issues. I then cleared the battery stat cache. After that it froze on success of cache clear and would not allow me to get to the main menu in order to "install from ZIP (ROM)". I proceeded to pull the battery out and restart the phone, this happened to me originally when I went to v1.4 from pure stock root. I was able to reboot back into CWM then and flash the ROM.

Moving forward, phone was able to be started up correctly and I was up and running again in the home screen. I used Titanium Backup to reboot into recovery again but this time it hangs on a black screen and does not go into CWM recovery mode. If I pull the battery and restart the phone, it boots up with no issues into my home screen. Phone is definitely not bricked as I can continue to use it in v1.4 Number_2 ROM. I just cant get it to go back into recovery mode in order to flash your new update v1.5.
Any suggestions???

Issue #2
This is not much of an issue with v1.5 obviously but with v1.4, but i figured it might port over to v1.5 so I might as well let you know.
I have not been able to get my Bluetooth to work correctly since I flashed over to v1.4. Wifi, Data, basically everything else works fine except for bluetooth. I was able to successfully pair with my car stereo (2011 STi stock headunit) initially but then after a few minutes it started clipping my pandora stream. After that it was never able to successfully connect to the radio. I unpaired but now it won't even pair, it just says PAIRING FAIL. I tried to pair with my friends Samsung Galaxy S III but it also fails. basically it never prompts me for a PIN code and probably timesout. Last error message I recieved was something in the lines of "process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly" .

Just wanted to bring issue#2 into light as it might help with further development. As for Issue#1, if you please have any suggestions it would be awesome! I can still function correctly but I would love to flash to your more current v1.5 or any other ROM later down the line to experiment.

Thanks and let me know if you need any logs and how I can attain them for you as my phone still functions properly. I will update you if for any reason I'm able to get back into recovery mode. I am going to try another program to reboot into recovery, but I doubt it'll matter since they all send the same command right.

Apologies for the novel, but it's better to have all info. LOL :p

Keep up the good fight guys! :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
@CylonMech_ have you tried to boot into CWM using the standard method? (power phone off>hold volume down and the power button until you see the screen that asks about doing a reset> once at that screen hit the power button a few times to confirm the reset, dnt worry it won't reset your phone, it will take you to CWM)

Thank you for your reply, I will definitely try it. Unfortunately I'm still swamped at work and probably gonna be late here tonight.

I have the CWM (touch version) installed and from reading the "AIO clock root + CWM" thread, they recommended not using that method with this CWM version because there is possibility it can get stuck in a booting loop. They do however have a fix if that does happen. So I am just going to wait until I have breathing room tomorrow to do it......
We all know how Murphy's Laws work right. hahaha :D

I will update as soon as I do it in case it can benefit someone else in the future.

Thanks peeps!

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply, I will definitely try it. Unfortunately I'm still swamped at work and probably gonna be late here tonight.

I have the CWM (touch version) installed and from reading the "AIO clock root + CWM" thread, they recommended not using that method with this CWM version because there is possibility it can get stuck in a booting loop. They do however have a fix if that does happen. So I am just going to wait until I have breathing room tomorrow to do it......
We all know how Murphy's Laws work right. hahaha :D

I will update as soon as I do it in case it can benefit someone else in the future.

Thanks peeps!

I also have cwmtouch and use the volume dwn+power to get into cwm at least once a week without issue. I think what you read was telling you not to do a factory reset through menu>settings but its your phone and I would be cautious too. Well, good luck and hopefully someone can offer you better help.

Reactions: CylonMech
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I also have cwmtouch and use the volume dwn+power to get into cwm at least once a week without issue. I think what you read was telling you not to do a factory reset through menu>settings but its your phone and I would be cautious too. Well, good luck and hopefully someone can offer you better help.

It was a success! Thanks Shatterproof. :D

Just an FYI:
As I went through the motions as you instructed, upon to restart in went to a black screen again instead of CWM. I held the volume dwn+power once again.... BAM! it went into CWM successfully.

many thanks again... now to put this v1.5 through the motions.

Upvote 0
I just want to say great work guys. I will try to donate for the cause and effort. I flashed the rom and it's great. I didnt use all the other stuff like blue tooth and other things. As far the battery life it worked good for me better than the original metro ZVA. I Like the them, but i agree with one post regarding the Number Two (#2) on the lock screen. I have just about all the Gameloft Games on it and it works great except it dims out to low in the middle of game play:thinking:. Is there a way to prevent that? Also I did a walk through video flashing the Lg Connect with the 1.5 rom on youtube. I gave you guys the props and shared the links for the android forum. P.S. I asked them to donate also as they read your forum for the Lg C;)nnect. Oh yea also Lg Connect Optimizer apk works well for this rom to control CPU Mhz.

Upvote 0
hey ldrifta, i don't know if this is exactly how it works but the new hosts file doesn't prevents ads as well when combined with adaway. I updated from v1.1 and i used that with ad away and it blocked all my ads. even streaming ads from videos. But now with the new 1.5 hosts file combined with adaway it doesn't do that anymore.

EDIT: Hah nevermind i got it to work. i just kept having to restore and re apply adaway and it eventually started doing what is used to.
But seriously does anyone know how to get aosp browser?

Upvote 0
sorry to hear that :(

who's feeling testy??? i got an ics theme here to flash over #2 ;) test her out

Dev-Host - MS840_LD-ICK_v1.0_ZVA.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

When I flashed this over #2 v1.5 it worked perfectly. Haven't found anything wrong with it yet. BUT, When I did the same thing to my wife's phone, Google play would close everytime I tried to download/update an app, or it would say "null". I re did everything a few times just to see if it was a bad download, but nope, it kept on having the same issue with Google Play. Any suggestions? Btw, ROM #2 v1.5 works perfectly on my wife's phone as well, it is only after I flash this theme that Google play stops working... :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones