• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][OA]2.3.20 [Final] [EXT4 + RFS] [Updated: 09/23/12]

Yo Spz0 im having real Sh@#ty power issues with this rom dont get me wrong its !@#king awesome of course i have set cpu and it doesnt seem to do nuthing at all and i have that flash able "OA APP"and that doesnt seem to do nuthing as well im tryna figure out why my phone draining out so fast i dont even have power hog type apps installed just to see wats going on when i go into about phone and check battery use it says voice calls 63% im like what tha hell!

Some type of punctuation would help me read and understand this post in 30 seconds, rather than the 3 minutes I spent deciphering it. just a suggestion m8 as that was an eyeful. ;)

When you install a new ROM, its always a good thing to leave your phone plugged in til it charges fully before (or right after) installing a ROM. Then once its fully charged, unplug the phone and drain your battery completely (til the phone shuts off automatically) before recharging.
Your first battery drain will most likely be faster due to the system generating a new batterystats file on first boot.
The 2.3.6 OS has substantial battery saving improvements over its 2.3.4 successor. The 1500maH standard battery that comes with the R720 is kind of underpowered I've found as well, so I bought myself a 3500maH extended life battery. May be something you might want to think of getting.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Acid burns
Upvote 0
Did you flash the MMS fix for metroPCS provided in the first post of my ROM? ( http://openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/OpenAndroid/utils/OA-MPCS-MMS-Config-FIX.zip )

Well, since I dont have an MPCS admire (Im on Cricket), its hard for me to diagnose and resolve your issue since its obviously a network connectivity problem. All I can suggest is to flash the rom again, then flash the MMS Config.zip supplemental flash, see if that fixes the issue.
Good Luck!

I did, but that didn't immediately fix it. I did another flash and instead of restoring apps via titanium, I used link2sd, and that seemed to keep everything in order. Thank you for your help, and the ROM.

Upvote 0
Well I've flashed back to monster 5.3 even tho its not better than this rom it saves power waaaaay better than this rom I'm guess this demands more battery juice.

Did you wipe your battery stats in CWM?

1. With phone on, let it fully charge.
2. Unplug phone and power it off, then plug it back up and let it fully charge.
3. Boot phone into CWM, go down to Advanced and choose wipe battery stats.

I do those steps every time I flash a new rom and I always have good battery usage.

Upvote 0
Did you wipe your battery stats in CWM?

1. With phone on, let it fully charge.
2. Unplug phone and power it off, then plug it back up and let it fully charge.
3. Boot phone into CWM, go down to Advanced and choose wipe battery stats.

I do those steps every time I flash a new rom and I always have good battery usage.

You dont have to wipe battery stats on my rom. Most roms for that matter -- as long as you format /data. batterystats.bin is located in /data

So.
Flash rom
leave power plugged in til 100%, unplug and dont plug back in til battery is depleted (auto shut off).
Plug power back in
turn on and charge like normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones