• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Synergy - [RLS1 + GodMode 08/05/2011] - Now with Warm Sprinkles

I'm sporting this ROM as of this afternoon. It seems a little snappier than Mik 2.15 but I do notice RAM is quite limited. When there are a couple of apps running, available RAM drops below 100MB.

The device does move things out to EXT3 so onboard storage is GREAT.

I guess there's just that much going on in sense 2.1/3.0... It really doesn't matter, though, as the device is smooooooth.....

Upvote 0
is google voice running normally on this rom?

Flashed yesterday. This was the only thing that didn't seem to work for me. Everything else seemed flawless.

hhhmmm...... google voice has run flawlessly on the beta nightlies and this release too. no issues. but I only use it for voicemail.

what problems are you seeing??? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I'd been running Synergy nightlies for a couple weeks, then flashed MikG2.1 a few days ago. Both are excellent; they look almost identical. IMO, Synergy runs a little smoother and everything I've tried works flawlessly, while MikG boots up faster and shows a lot more available RAM. Every so often I start getting FCs in MikG that I can't duplicate or spot any pattern or consistently offending app, I just have to reboot. Very average Quadrant times, neither is a speed demon, but to my untrained eye, neither one really feels like they're lagging or running slow. I plan to try Synergy RC1 later today.

Upvote 0
Only issue I've run into so far is that I don't get any call history behind the dialer, anyone else run into this or have a fix for it? Other than that little pet peeve no other issues.

on the dialer, if you hit the bottom right phone symbol you should get the call history screen. if not by pressing that you can toggle between call history, all(people) or group.

Upvote 0
flashed carousel 3.0 + widget and now the synergy update app is missing, any suggestions ?

synergyv2750x640.jpg

Bring together an all-star team of some of Android's most talented ROM developers and deliver arguably the best base Android rom experience ever.

Based on Speedy_S_Sprint_WWE_2.72.651.2 Leak (Thanks 911 Sniper)
Sense 3.0 Lockscreen
Sense 3.0 threaded text messaging (Thanks SEO)
Sense 3.0 Weather (Thanks SEO and Damo)
Sense 3.0 MMS
Sense 3.0 Task Manager
Sense 3.0 Polaris Office
Sense 3.0 USB Menu
Synergy Updater app, allowing in rom updates (Addons and Themes)
Optional PureBlack theme (Thanks Krysick)
Green overflow scroll (Thanks Robocik)
Rased available MMS size Limit to 5mb (Default is still 2mb)
Google Talk with Video support
Support for ## Programming Codes (ex ##775#)
1% battery increments and animated sync
Tweak to increase sdcard read ahead buffer (Thanks Calk)
Custom HTC Wallpapers
CRT display off/on animations
Optimized apks (thanks aamikam)
CRT TV shutdown animation
BusyBox v1.18.4 with color output disabled
CyanogenMOD A2sd Scripts Modified by Virus and Robocik
Custom Notification sounds
Rosie settings with right button remap
Screen Scaling and systl.conf tweaks (Thanks Ziggy471)
Build Prop tweaks for faster screen transitions and call connect (Thanks CapyChimp)
Framework and Rosie transition times sped up (Thanks Calk and Aamikam for the Logic)
HTC hub (Huge thanks to aamikam)
3G/1X status in Titlebar Mod
Transparent Rosie (Thanks Virus and Snq)
Sprint Mobile Wifi Hotspot unlocked so it is now free (Thanks Leoisright)
HTC Mirror App support
H264 native support
Synergy bootanimation (Thanks to the King of bootanimations.. Wrx4memp)
HTC_IME.apk with non arrows version
Landscape Rosie Support (Thanks TommyTomatoe)
Increased GPS Lock Performance (Thanks Ziggy471)
Wireless Tether 2.0.7
Settings toggle in Display for Stock (AOSP) Lockscreen (Huge thanks to aamikam)
Settings toggles in Display for Screen On/Off (CRT) Animations (Huge thanks to aamikam)
Added HTC Media Share (DLNA Server)
Unlimited tabs in Browser.apk (Thanks JoelZ9614)
Netflix Works
Updated DSP Manager
And much much more..

Full Changelog / feature list can be found in post 3

Download Synergy RC1 [MD5Sum: dc6fac4149b214b8e19957a5bc8f2105]

Download Rom
Reboot into Recovery.
Perform Nandroid backup
Minimally wipe dalvik and cache. For optimal experience, perform full wipe (data/dalvik/cache).
Flash rom
Reboot
Enjoy

(Flash these just like how you flash roms)
Many optional installs available via Synergy Updater.
More to come soon

Synergy is also available for HTC Incredible (here) and HTC MyTouch 4G
Please report any bugs Here

As always, Team Synergy is not responsible for anything that happens to your phone while using these files.

Team Synergy - DJZager, incubus26JC, Joelz9614, myn, WoZZer, Virus
Thanks to DrMacinyasha, lowetax, Mrono, NxtGenCowboy, onicrom, everyone listed in changelog and of course all of the beta testers (you guys rock!) and #HTC-EVO@irc.FreeNode.net.

[ROM] Synergy - [RC1 06/27/2011] - The Result Is Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts - xda-developers

gonna add this to the rom/kernel sticky[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Is anyone else who is using this ROM keep getting the "1X" signal instead of "3G"...I am wondering if I need to update my PRI & Radio because I have had people tell me that when they call my phone is just rings for a while and never picks up, I have not heard my phone ring much since I flashed this ROM.

I have tried to update my PRL numerous times through the OTA without success...I just keep getting the error code 1012.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else who is using this ROM keep getting the "1X" signal instead of "3G"...I am wondering if I need to update my PRI & Radio because I have had people tell me that when they call my phone is just rings for a while and never picks up, I have not heard my phone ring much since I flashed this ROM.

I have tried to update my PRL numerous times through the OTA without success...I just keep getting the error code 1012.

what you are seeing is your true signal strength. htc's sense lies to you in that it does not truly show what your signal strength actually is. it will always show that you have 3g signal and nothing less. what myn's has done was to add what your true 3g signal strength is. it used to be only on aosp roms that would show that feature. but more and more devs are adding it to their roms.

Reactions: jl79
Upvote 0
what you are seeing is your true signal strength. htc's sense lies to you in that it does not truly show what your signal strength actually is. it will always show that you have 3g signal and nothing less. what myn's has done was to add what your true 3g signal strength is. it used to be only on aosp roms that would show that feature. but more and more devs are adding it to their roms.

Ahhh, I see. But why all of a sudden am I getting crappy cell service, like I said I have missed some calls because the phone never rang and never even showed me that I had missed a call.

You think it would be a good idea to flash that combo pack of the latest Radio, WiMAX, PRI & NVover on XDA? I can't even get my PRL to update at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones