• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {[ ROM ]} Verbous_GenoCYde.version.666 come and get it!!

Quick question here. Lets say we want to switch back to what we previously had, we just run the back-up and everything is exactly as it was before flashing this?

LMAOOOOO kinda funny when you put the charger. some apps dont work though. i.e opera force closes, screenshot forcecloses.
I've been a bad bad girl..

Sorry for the earlier sarcasm if this is an actual rom. Reading the thread before you publicly released it seemed like an April Fools joke that started a day early and went on a few days too long and I thought I was just joining in. Then when my anti virus triggered with the screenshot apk in the rom you sent me before posting the link publicly had me wondering.

aboatright3605, tell me. I am running requisit0's CM7 right now, he built his own custom CWM. Can I use his or do I need the other one? And if I need the other one, can I get a link, plz? :)

I honestly dont know if his cwm will work or not....i havent tried it yet...been too busy on the rom...i know if its flashable then you can always try flashing his cwm back...it should work...but not positive...its relatively the same but im sure hes added ext 4 support.

I honestly dont know if his cwm will work or not....i havent tried it yet...been too busy on the rom...i know if its flashable then you can always try flashing his cwm back...it should work...but not positive...its relatively the same but im sure hes added ext 4 support.

I'm about to back up my current rom and see what happens when I flash yours. Is this a final working rom or still a alpha/beta?

I seem to be having some issues with this ROM. Have tried flashing it twice, but the same thing happens. Everything goes fine, but basically the boot animation never goes away. If I turn the phone sideways I can see some of the home page so I know it's installed, but the boot animation is still there blocking the view of everything. Followed all of the steps exactly in the first post.

Chances are I probably did something wrong or the file didn't transfer over to the SD card properly. :/

I'm having the same issue as far as the boot animation never stopping. I simply wiped everything and flashed it, I didn't format and I am using requisit0's CWM. I'm going to pull the battery, wipe, and then format and see what happens.

Never mind, this is what I get for not following instructions. I didn't format everything. However, I see no boot animation, just a black screen.

Alright, im going to try this out. I have already backed up one. Monster 4... So if anything goes wrong. i can just re-flash and i'll have monster back... :)

I'm really sorry, aboat, but I really tried. I can't use this rom, its waaay too themed for me, my phone was really slow, and it hurt my head trying to focus on it. And the whole dual launcher thing was probably a little much.

I used it about 15 minutes before restoring my old one. Sorry, but remember I am one of many, maybe others will like it. I'll keep an eye out for updates, though, I'll give anything a try :)

Very cool ROM.

No major bugs so far. Just force closing on Screenshot app. Noticed it has a rather large footprint right out of the gate. Only 45 or so free MB of system memory left without any of my apps on it.

If I keep it I will have to do alot of cleaning up of apps I will never use.

I think the only real complaint I have so far is the font.

But I will say that the Boot Animation is amazing. If I don't keep this ROM I am certainly going to want it in any other ROM I use. Best so far. But I couldn't make out the audio, only because I wasn't paying attention.

Overall you did a great job man. It really is kinda nuts, maybe a little busy, but certainly nuts...in a good way.

BTW, is the battery icon the Gears of War icon? Becuase it looks alot like it.

Also, what behind the scenes work did you do? In other words, what kind of speed improvements/declines should we see as compared to say Monster or Beast?

Also, how is battery life?

Any inside information you could give us would be great. Because there is just so much here I want to be able to take advantage of everything here before I start deleleting apps.

Thanks a bunch man. Fantastic work.

Can I flash Paris's touchwized theme over this?

NO......different system.ui.apk

Everyone must try the A.I. before you delete apps.
The dual launcher was only done for options...

Delete anything in the rom you dont need or want...

But give my app a go before you delete it..
MyFaceSpace....

Pretty cool rom man. Definitely different. Just not a fan of weird font. Nice call with dual launchers

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ok i found a few things that aint working.QuickPic tells me to re-install from market,Screenshot gives me a force close..other than that everything else is working fine.thanks again for the hard work.

Something is clearly funky about this ROM, at least for me. After the issues with the boot animation staying on, I tried flashing the fix which did nothing for me. I've now restored the back-up I made of the phone before this, and now I'm having some weird issues.

Biggest thing that is annoying the hell out of me is after restoring things, there's now a new icon popping up on the status bar that I've never seen before. It's a sync icon over on the right side, next to the 1x/3G icon, and there's no app that I can think of that would have this, no setting I can change that gets rid of it, nor any notification showing for this. I just got done dealing with Samsung and they've told me that it's not a system icon from them, so they have no idea what it is. Only thing I've done on this phone today has been flashing this ROM, which has only been troublesome for me.

So all of that in mind, what the hell is this and how do I get rid of it?

Edit: Screenshot showing it.
ScreenShot-19.png

Screenshot it....

If the bootanimation was looping then you didnt format the system and data prior to flashing. The bootanimation loop is caused by either a mismatch in framework-res.apk and/or the settings.apk and systemUI.apk both of with are installed anew IF you did a completr wipe and format first....the icon at the top is associated with a png in the systemUI.apk or settings.apk and is easily fixed with a wipe and format with a fresh flash that has both apks included. I.e. one of the many themes found in the forums prior to any roms

Back
Top Bottom