• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0.l0-BobZ

BobZhome

Android Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2010
MA
Jellybean(Android 4.1.2)

Builder: BobZhome

Current Version: CM10.0.0-l0-BobZhome (5-12-2013)

Description: Well, let's be honest. Unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: http://www.cyanogenmod.com

==== '''People worked with/owe thanks to:''' ====

==== '''What is not working?''' ====

• NFC - which I believe our phone doesn't have
  • FM Radio - which again I don't believe our phone has

==== '''What is partially working?''' ====

• Data - LTE is working...it just not stated(More in Q & A below)
  • GPS - Has a hard time locking on
  • Calls - Other caller has an echo

==== '''Changelog''' ====

5-12-13:

1. Fixed: Backlight - works correctly now
  2. Updated: Build prop - added back the dalvik settings
  3. Updated: Build prop - changed to persist.audio.handset.mic=analog to help with echo<-thanks to xerolath
  4. Adjusted: Call volume - turned it up a bite

4-28-13:

1. Sync'd with CM10: not much changed
  2. Fixed: LTE is working...it just not stated(More in Q & A below)
  3. Fixed: Brightness - now able to change
  4. Fixed: Key Lights - now work correctly
  5. Added: CIFS module - not sure if it works...needs testing
  6. Added: TUN module - not sure if it works...needs testing
  7. Added: prebuilt libraries that are needed for DRM playback

4-22-13:

1. Fixed: USB mass storage - no longer need to enable android debugging
  2. Fixed: MMS - will now split messages correctly
  3. Fixed: Wallpaper - now selectable
  4. Fixed: Facebook - you can now install Facebook from the Play Store
  5. Updated: boot-image kernel - to firmware version F(more info in Q&A below)

4-12-13:

1. Fixed: Lock Screen
  2. Fixed: Backlights
  3. Fixed: MMS - Thanks to PlayfulGod for pointing me to the correct overlay

4-11-13: <-private release

1. Sync'd with CM10: Now at Android 4.1.2
  2. Added: Ringtone - "Somebody's Out There" by one of my favorite bands: "Triumph"
  3. Added: Notification - "Heaven"
  4. Removed: Bootlooder option from Reboot/Recovery Menu

==== '''Flashing ROM''' ====

1. Boot into CWM Recovery
  2. IMPORTANT: Make a backup on sdcard : EXTERNAL(hit home button to change from Internal to External
  3. Wipe Dalvik Cache: advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache
  4. Hit back button(bottom left) to get back to main menu
  5. Format Data: mounts and storage > format /data > Yes - Format
  6. Flash ROM: install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > cm-10.0.0.l0.BobZhome > Yes - Install cm-10.0.0.l0
  7. Flash Gapps
  8. Reboot system now!

==== '''Download Links''' ====

Build 5/12: cm-10.0.0.l0.BobZhome.05122013.zip MD5checksum = b6853380e89df503bf21fc18f724ecca

Build 4/28: cm-10.0.0.l0.BobZhome.04282013.zip MD5checksum = b2ae58bc7464248db5ded2f5a703f15c

Build 4/22: cm-10.0.0.l0.BobZhome.04222013.zip MD5checksum = 03a30b2d94efaf6ccd50d623be4dcd20

Build 4/12: cm-10.0.0.l0.BobZhome.04122013.zip MD5checksum = 0e3264a32ef7284639d07d33c0cbfd2b

Latest Gapps for CM10: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

==== '''Q & A''' ====

Q: When will the next build come?
A: When time permits...I have a wife, five kids, full time job, and an old house that I'm remodeling...hobbies come last.

Q: Can I port your ROM?
A: No, please learn to build from source...my github link is in "Resources".

Q: What software version(firmware) do I need to be on?
A: I have test my ROM with C & F, so I'm 99% sure it will work with D & E

Q: Do I need to install the LTE2 2nd-init recovery APK on this ROM in order to get back into recovery?
A: No, to get back into recovery from CM10: Press(hold) power button until menu comes up > choose reboot > recovery

Q: Why did you switch to firmware kernel E?
A: I figured that the newest kernel that was released by LG would be the one with the lest amount of problems. I was using kernel E to build my ROM, but using kernel C in the boot-image...the two different versions of the kernel may have contributed to the kernel panics! Hopefully this resolves some of the reboot issues.

Q: What's the story with LTE?
A: LTE is working, if you do a speed-test from the stock ROM with 4G and do a speed-test with my ROM...you will find that the speeds are about the same. The problem is the ICCID card is not posting the correct network type, so 4G/LTE is not stated. If you are coming off the stock ROM, you no longer need to change anything in the Mobile network settings. If you are flashing from a previous version of my ROM, you need to go to: Settings > More...(under Wireless & Networking) > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > and change it to LTE/CDMA/EvDo. If network does not come back on after a reboot, just toggle airplane mode.

==== '''Resources''' ====

https://github.com/BobZmotion

==== '''How Can You Help?''' ====

Please donate to hroark13 and PlayfulGod for the great android development they have done!

Donation to me are also welcomed.

Thank You!

so does bluetooth work? mega ubber kudos @ BoBZHomey.
Oh and do i need to dl backup modemst.zip from UPP on original cm 10 ?
Yes, texting, MMS, and bluetooth work
It doesn't hurt to create extra backup option with hk's modemst.zip

EDIT: by the way...if you update voice search from the Play Store, you will have the lastest Google Now!

Reactions: adanmex
Upvote 0
First off i want to say thanks to all the devs who have put so much time and blood and tears into this phone quick question should we still be looking for a ril file that will make 4g work or what also did you have to change ril to get sms\mms to work or is it still the same one thanks again we finaly have a 99% working cm10 for our motion so ready to flash this doing it now in the middle of class lol

Reactions: adanmex
Upvote 0
First off i want to say thanks to all the devs who have put so much time and blood and tears into this phone quick question should we still be looking for a ril file that will make 4g work or what also did you have to change ril to get sms\mms to work or is it still the same one thanks again we finaly have a 99% working cm10 for our motion so ready to flash this doing it now in the middle of class lol

Still looking for 4G/LTE/Uicc magic. ;)

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Screenshots because @rebelminded88 never did :c

Dark theme isn't working for messaging :c
Edit: about the dark theme. I think that's just for the popup messages. Sorry I have no idea what I;m talking about xD
PazAQzy.png

jSWwbVq.png

Reactions: skfl and k0r
Upvote 0
Words cannot describe my gratitude. Thank you so much BobZhome, I've seen how good your work was on the HTC Wildfire S back when I had that and now that I've upgraded to the LG Motion 4G you've helped us out so that we have a pretty stable CM10. It's all we could ask for and I'm sure that I speak for lots of people when I say thank you for taking the time out of your life to help us. Keep doing what you do man.

Reactions: TheDemon and k0r
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones