• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM}(WIP)Cm9 [SUPER ALPHA]

well he has been banned for awhile lol its not like he could update us

He actually liked one of my comments I made about something but his username was the same as before, only backwards so the mods banned him instantly. However, PlayfulGod is still on here and he talks to him, too, and he says hes still working on it, got it booting, but also has other things he works on. He assures us its going to happen sometime but obviously can't say when. All we can do is assume he is still working on it and just wait it out. Until then we just have to enjoy the flickering goodness of Bo's kang or use other roms with ICS themes, lol.

Hmm, didn't know it was flickering back to the android "splash". Looks like it's just stuck in the framebuffer. Wouldn't know how to fix this for a phone though. I really wish I could grasp this phone development thing but oh well.

I really wish this phone had a better chance with devs, without the flickering it seems to run cm9 quite beautifully. I hope the rumor of req still working on it is true.
Wanna see beautifully check it out on a better device. ;)

And not seen, nor heard from req in about a month. Guessing hes out of town working again. ;)

The gfx drivers need to be backported or compiled from scratch, first off. as it stands now, the build is completely unusable.

But again, I truly think this is a wasted effort. CM7 needs to be the priority for this device. cm9 will not run well at all full featured, being as the admires stats are "less than desirable". Best bet is CM7 with an ICS theme.

The gfx drivers need to be backported or compiled from scratch, first off. as it stands now, the build is completely unusable.

But again, I truly think this is a wasted effort. CM7 needs to be the priority for this device. cm9 will not run well at all full featured, being as the admires stats are "less than desirable". Best bet is CM7 with an ICS theme.

Spz is right on this. I dont know about the rest of you but I would rather have a fully functioning rom, CM7 is almost there, than a rom where half the capabilities are stripped. On CM7 we have the bare essentials of CM and more. yes there are a few setbacks but there are ways around some of them. If Req does manage to get CM9 down than great but CM7 should be the priority. also if possible he should make one with stock kernel if possible, i know that the official CM team utilizes the stock kernels in the rom.

But the thing about it is that even though its unstable .. its very smooth on the admire

Spz is right on this. I dont know about the rest of you but I would rather have a fully functioning rom, CM7 is almost there, than a rom where half the capabilities are stripped. On CM7 we have the bare essentials of CM and more. yes there are a few setbacks but there are ways around some of them. If Req does manage to get CM9 down than great but CM7 should be the priority. also if possible he should make one with stock kernel if possible, i know that the official CM team utilizes the stock kernels in the rom.
Since when??? The CM Team builds the kernels from src, and every one I seen or used (Official builds) had numerous mods to the kernel to include overclocking (usually with the safest, most stable max cpufreq), added governors, countless tweaks for improvement, fixes, and added functionality. ;)

Since when??? The CM Team builds the kernels from src, and every one I seen or used (Official builds) had numerous mods to the kernel to include overclocking (usually with the safest, most stable max cpufreq), added governors, countless tweaks for improvement, fixes, and added functionality. ;)

i dont know, im not an expert but somewhere on the CM website i read that they incorporate stock kernels. i could have misread the information though, which is the likely case here

So why has nobody started working it? If its kernel related then for the love of God please MAKE A KERNEL!!! I don't care if half the shyte in ICS is stripped, I would like to have ICS/CM9 Reeeeeaaallllyyyy bad on the Admire! GB is really starting to get lame. Sure you have ICS themes but its not the same. Can all the devs PLEASE find a random day to brianstorm and work on it? Like once a week or every other week? ONCE A MONTH?! Something??? I and many others beg and plead, please start working on this CM9 "kang" or start building from source! Give the Admire a chance before the SGSIII and other phones come and sucks the developmental life out of the poor little device!!!!!!!!

So why has nobody started working it? If its kernel related then for the love of God please MAKE A KERNEL!!! I don't care if half the shyte in ICS is stripped, I would like to have ICS/CM9 Reeeeeaaallllyyyy bad on the Admire! GB is really starting to get lame. Sure you have ICS themes but its not the same. Can all the devs PLEASE find a random day to brianstorm and work on it? Like once a week or every other week? ONCE A MONTH?! Something??? I and many others beg and plead, please start working on this CM9 "kang" or start building from source! Give the Admire a chance before the SGSIII and other phones come and sucks the developmental life out of the poor little device!!!!!!!!

Easier said then done my friend. Creating an ICS Rom, even if its stripped will take time. A LOT of it. And whats the point of running a stripped ROM man? All your gunna do is going to be able to make calls and have enough Internal Memory for one app lol. That also defeats the purpose of owning an Android too man. This goes for CM9 too, were even lucky to get the Alpha where its at and thats just a kang. Our best bet is to just develop an ICS theme for 2.3.6. that will give us the closest feel/look of ICS and call it a day. The Admire just isnt poppin like it used to be now that a good amount of our devs that had projects just hauled on us.

Easier said then done my friend. Creating an ICS Rom, even if its stripped will take time. A LOT of it. And whats the point of running a stripped ROM man? All your gunna do is going to be able to make calls and have enough Internal Memory for one app lol. That also defeats the purpose of owning an Android too man. This goes for CM9 too, were even lucky to get the Alpha where its at and thats just a kang. Our best bet is to just develop an ICS theme for 2.3.6. that will give us the closest feel/look of ICS and call it a day. The Admire just isnt poppin like it used to be now that a good amount of our devs that had projects just hauled on us.

Can someone atleast get the screen fixed for this kang?

I think the thing that people here are failing to realize, is that us developers do this in our spare time, as a hobby. And with any hobby, it develops -- in the case of android developers, we progress onto newer devices. Theres little to no profit in development (lets face it, only 10% of users _actually_ donate to developers). There is also a waning benefit to producing material for ever-aging devices.
The gimme gimme route doesnt do much to attract developers back to an old device to create something that wont work anyhow.
You need to learn to be happy with what has been accomplished already (myriad of roms incl. cm7, OA2.3, Monster -- custom kernels). This is miles above what has been accomplished for other low end devices...
You also need to learn what is truly involved in compiling and backporting before asking someone to "at least" get the screen fixed. Thats just irritating tbbh.

When it comes down to brass tax -- You want an ICS experience? Go buy an ICS phone! This phone will not support ICS the way it was meant to be experienced. Period..

As much as I love CM9/ICS, I would rather have a working CM7 with ICS theme, CM7 takes up less system space and would run smoother. I agree, what would be the point of having ICS if it is stripped of all its features? If we are going to beg for something, or try to get what few devs that are left to build something, let it be CM7. In fact, we already have a good working CM7, but the camera is the biggest problem with it. I, personally, like using it, but I can't be without a camera when I have infant twins, they do too many funny things lol.

So, any takers on maybe rebuilding/fixing CM7 for our poor little phone? :)

I think the thing that people here are failing to realize, is that us developers do this in our spare time, as a hobby. And with any hobby, it develops -- in the case of android developers, we progress onto newer devices. Theres little to no profit in development (lets face it, only 10% of users _actually_ donate to developers). There is also a waning benefit to producing material for ever-aging devices.
The gimme gimme route doesnt do much to attract developers back to an old device to create something that wont work anyhow.
You need to learn to be happy with what has been accomplished already (myriad of roms incl. cm7, OA2.3, Monster -- custom kernels). This is miles above what has been accomplished for other low end devices...
You also need to learn what is truly involved in compiling and backporting before asking someone to "at least" get the screen fixed. Thats just irritating tbbh.

When it comes down to brass tax -- You want an ICS experience? Go buy an ICS phone! This phone will not support ICS the way it was meant to be experienced. Period..

Think I may get the Motion or a Tab... Poor little Admire :(

As much as I love CM9/ICS, I would rather have a working CM7 with ICS theme, CM7 takes up less system space and would run smoother. I agree, what would be the point of having ICS if it is stripped of all its features? If we are going to beg for something, or try to get what few devs that are left to build something, let it be CM7. In fact, we already have a good working CM7, but the camera is the biggest problem with it. I, personally, like using it, but I can't be without a camera when I have infant twins, they do too many funny things lol.

So, any takers on maybe rebuilding/fixing CM7 for our poor little phone? :)

sacred, the camera works fine for recording. it is the still pictures that cause issues. thats were the fast burst camera comes into play, and i think it would be better for you because it lets you capture pics really quick. so if you are taking pics you can use the fast burst to capture it all. and there is also a feauture within the app that lets you create gifs. sure you cant focus on free version but the paid app is worth it my friend

Back
Top Bottom