• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT][CWM] LG Marquee AIO Root & Recovery

i'm new to being a root user and i tried rooting my phone last week and it restarted and was stuck in recovery, had to get a new phone. can you help me with detailed instructions please on how to root my marquee

Download Marquee drivers to your PC, install them, download whichever root method to your PC. Go to settings/applications/development and check the box in USB debugging. Unzip the root file. Connect your phone (via USB) double click on the
.bat file and follow the prompts. You will then be rooted

I just did a recent update with the Lg support tool. I lost my root and all the different methods of root now fails on me. Is there anyway to roll it back ?

im not entirely sure. I just install the drivers, and the LG support tool which I got from the LG site, when I plugged it in, it starting analyzing my phone then updated some stuff.

This is what I get... I get the same exact thing with every other working version of root as well....

root.JPG

Apparently there's a new LG update as of 3/28:

LG Marquee Software Update - LS855ZVC

Enhancements/Fixes
- Device may lockup while on call
- Security update

After updating, you lose the root, as well as the way to root it previously.

This is what I get... I get the same exact thing with every other working version of root as well....

Apparently there's a new LG update as of 3/28:

After updating, you lose the root, as well as the way to root it previously.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/lg/lg_marquee/blog/2012/03/28/lg-marquee-software-updates

If you've got CWM installed, you can always revert to a saved rom though, right?

Interesting...if anyone updates please post. I just checked, and wasn't available to me.

BTW, in the "System Updates" menu, what's the difference between "Update Firmware" and "Update LG Software"? Supposedly this update is installed with "Update LG Software" while I had assumed that would just update some LG apk's or something. "Update Firmware" for the radio firmware maybe?

icon4.gif
I am in no way responsible for what you do to your phone. Use at your own risk!

The zip contain scripts for windows, linux, and OSX (Intel Based), just download to your pc, unzip, and run the appropriate one for your OS. Both zips are All In One, meaning it will root and install CWM in one step. Also options to unroot, unroot n install stock recovery.

• Download zip to your computer
  • Unzip zip
  • Connect phone to computer via USB cable
  • turn on and put into Internet connection mode
  • Make sure debugging is enabled in settings > applications > development.
  • run the install script for your OS (.bat = windows, .sh = linux, mac)
Note: Please let me know if they are issues with the scripts or if the phone setting are different. ;)

The goods!

LGMarquee_AIO.zip
If my LG Marquee from Boost is already rooted and I have installed ROM Manager, can I still use this to get the CWM?.....if this works I will donate!!!!!.....But I need a little help...and I can't wait for Koush any longer lol.....

Thanks

Squirrel

If my LG Marquee from Boost is already rooted and I have installed ROM Manager, can I still use this to get the CWM?.....if this works I will donate!!!!!.....But I need a little help...and I can't wait for Koush any longer lol.....

Thanks

Squirrel
I haven't tested this myself.. I am sure by now it should work.. If your hesitant you can use this method ( I have tested this and was rooted at the time).
http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...king-cwm-recovery-v5-0-2-8-a.html#post4025720

I have read the entire thread, tried everything that has been suggested and still can't get my Boost Mobile Marquee to root. I can only get as far as "*daemon started successfully *" but then NOTHING. I have downloaded/installed the drivers, have the phone in "charge only" and "usb debugging". The phone is recognized on my computer and i have not gotten the new update. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Never mind, after trying many more times I rebooted my laptop and that seemed to have taken care of the problem!

I have read the entire thread, tried everything that has been suggested and still can't get my Boost Mobile Marquee to root. I can only get as far as "*daemon started successfully *" but then NOTHING. I have downloaded/installed the drivers, have the phone in "charge only" and "usb debugging". The phone is recognized on my computer and i have not gotten the new update. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance
Make sure your zergrush file did not accidentally get moved out of the folder from an anti-virus program.

I just did the OTA firmware update and it removed root but now this method doesn't work. It just sits on daemon started successfully and then nothing. I've seen this before when rooting other devices when the method doesn't work. I'm going to try and restart my computer and see if that works. But I think they disabled the method.

If you want to ROOT your LG Marquee with no problems or errors.....this is what I did.

Go to YouTube and type "How to ROOT Boost Mobile LG Marquee"...watch video by knoxville363....I did it and it worked perfect....not one problem

Then go and follow instructions from playful God or Monster for CWM Recovery v5.0.2.8

This can be found in other forums here.

I am new to all of this and these two steps I have had no problems.

If you want to ROOT your LG Marquee with no problems or errors.....this is what I did.

Go to YouTube and type "How to ROOT Boost Mobile LG Marquee"...watch video by knoxville363....I did it and it worked perfect....not one problem

Then go and follow instructions from playful God or Monster for CWM Recovery v5.0.2.8

This can be found in other forums here.

I am new to all of this and these two steps I have had no problems.

PlayfulGod's CWM is AIO. It has Root and CWM. Just to add to what you mentioned.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

check the post about youtube I just did
:confused: I was posting that information because there have been a few people who have had their antivirus program automatically delete the zergrush exploit, which is required to push both superuser and CWM recovery image to the phone. If it's not in the folder with the script, the console will hang when it's supposed to execute the exploit.
Also, the zergrush exploit does not work on the newest Marquee update, ZVC and ZV4 for Sprint and Boost, respectively. If you're running ZV9, the older version, you will want to look here for the Sprint update or here for the Boost update. These will allow you to keep root privileges and your CWM recovery through the update. From there, you can flash to a ZVC/ZV4 rom if you choose.
BTW, welcome to the forums ;)

PlayfulGod's CWM is AIO. It has Root and CWM. Just to add to what you mentioned.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
That is correct Chronic....I rooted my phone almost a month ago and finally did the CWM today...lol.....I wanted to research everything in these forums to the "T".....I still am undecided about which ROM to Flash?....What do you think is the coolest so far?

Thank you for all of your dedication BC

That is correct Chronic....I rooted my phone almost a month ago and finally did the CWM today...lol.....I wanted to research everything in these forums to the "T".....I still am undecided about which ROM to Flash?....What do you think is the coolest so far?

Thank you for all of your dedication BC
Np, welcome to the forums! At this point in time there is only one ROM that is for the zvc update, Marky Beats v1.2zvc. Now I cannot report on PlayfulGod's 'Undeniable Marquee', weather or not it is updated for the zvc update or not though that is for Sprint ONLY. There is a version for both Boost and Sprint. You can however, use MB v1.2 (before the zvc update) though your S/W Version under 'About Phone' will still read ZV3(Boost) and ZV9 (Sprint). Though I am quite sure the Update sticks on either ROM, since after flashing the first boot you see the "Checking Firmware for Update" that pops up then says "No Update was Found". Just to inform you these ROM's are still in Beta Testing stages and have a few issues, overall though |Monster| did a GREAT Job!!

Np, welcome to the forums! At this point in time there is only one ROM that is for the zvc update, Marky Beats v1.2zvc. Now I cannot report on PlayfulGod's 'Undeniable Marquee', weather or not it is updated for the zvc update or not though that is for Sprint ONLY. There is a version for both Boost and Sprint. You can however, use MB v1.2 (before the zvc update) though your S/W Version under 'About Phone' will still read ZV3(Boost) and ZV9 (Sprint). Though I am quite sure the Update sticks on either ROM, since after flashing the first boot you see the "Checking Firmware for Update" that pops up then says "No Update was Found". Just to inform you these ROM's are still in Beta Testing stages and have a few issues, overall though |Monster| did a GREAT Job!!
This whole process has been pretty cool.....I have read thoroughly throughout the posts regarding what to do and what not to do....When I got the Marquee with Boost, I had a feeling that the phone could do so much more than text and make phone calls...lol....I haven't had any issues so I am going to keep researching but Marky's Beats will be the one as I will have a "new tech toy" to explore and play with.....thanks again.

Squirrel

:confused: I was posting that information because there have been a few people who have had their antivirus program automatically delete the zergrush exploit, which is required to push both superuser and CWM recovery image to the phone. If it's not in the folder with the script, the console will hang when it's supposed to execute the exploit.
Also, the zergrush exploit does not work on the newest Marquee update, ZVC and ZV4 for Sprint and Boost, respectively. If you're running ZV9, the older version, you will want to look here for the Sprint update or here for the Boost update. These will allow you to keep root privileges and your CWM recovery through the update. From there, you can flash to a ZVC/ZV4 rom if you choose.
BTW, welcome to the forums ;)
I clicked on the wrong post lol.....I didn't know how to delete it....I did the updates today after I installed the CWM...I guess if I had the ROM installed, it would have caused some problems....thank you.

Squirrel

Hello, I'm kind of new to rooting phones and I'm having a problem. I followed both rooting methods, AIO and the other method and the only thing that happens is every line of the command prompt says permission denied, is there any way around this? Please help I'd like to root my phone if possible.

Back
Top Bottom