• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROOT GUIDE] Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2

Ok guyphs i understand thats its supposed to be on the sd card BUTT it not. having said that i have done a couple of less involved phone systems (tracfones). In your post you said their was 4 things you would need , one of them was ,download the superuser flashable zip file . OK i did that and the rest of the steps (downloads) in this section of your post. Now as i said before kies did not work, tried several times, did not work. So i downloaded a driver from samsung, another person said it worked for them. guyphs that was a mouth full 1st question will the samsung driver be ok ,or do i need the kies version. 2nd question, In your post ( the four things you needed) that was the first time you talked about SU the next time you talked adout it it was supposed to be on my sd card already, So how does it get their, is it supposed to upload on my phone . do you have to unzip the file on the pc or what exactly. Prob. just me as I am fairly new to this ,but after doing the other phones I was feeling lucky about this phone, Please try to make something out of this for me . Now i have tried to get root twice and have downloaded the custom recovery and AGAT kernal twice ,and have went back to stock boost twice .but no superuser. STUCK with stock bummer

Upvote 0
Ok guyphs i understand thats its supposed to be on the sd card BUTT it not. having said that i have done a couple of less involved phone systems (tracfones). In your post you said their was 4 things you would need , one of them was ,download the superuser flashable zip file . OK i did that and the rest of the steps (downloads) in this section of your post. Now as i said before kies did not work, tried several times, did not work. So i downloaded a driver from samsung, another person said it worked for them. guyphs that was a mouth full 1st question will the samsung driver be ok ,or do i need the kies version. 2nd question, In your post ( the four things you needed) that was the first time you talked about SU the next time you talked adout it it was supposed to be on my sd card already, So how does it get their, is it supposed to upload on my phone . do you have to unzip the file on the pc or what exactly. Prob. just me as I am fairly new to this ,but after doing the other phones I was feeling lucky about this phone, Please try to make something out of this for me . Now i have tried to get root twice and have downloaded the custom recovery and AGAT kernal twice ,and have went back to stock boost twice .but no superuser. STUCK with stock bummer

Don't unzip the SU zip. Just put the whole zip file on your sd card, it's flashable through the custom reocovery. You can just download it with the phone if that is easier. Then flash the zip from the agat recovery.

Upvote 0
I finally have root on my SGS2 thanks to guyphs, messed something up on the download of su to the pc .So guyphs suggested i download on my phone, did that and now i have a little green android in app tray. Also I downloaded Titanium pro and its in the settings under manage apps and the only window that is open is uninstall , its did not appear in the app tray. Maybe someone could help me with that one Thanks alot

Upvote 0
The system update FI22 is out... (Boost Mobile GS2)

Problems if you have FH29 rooted and want to update to FI22:

I'm running now the FH29 and tried to update it to the newest version (FI22) but that gave me an error that didn't surprise me because I'm rooted.
I did a Nandroid backup before anything....
I went back to stock and did both updates FH29 and FI22, then I rooted the phone (flashed Agat and then Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip), everything seemed ok until I realized the 3G wasn't working no matter what I tried. I flashed my Nandroid backup on top of this without results. Finally, I went back to stock again, updated to FH29, and flashed my Nandroid backup and everything is working now... (without FI22)

If anyone has a solution for this let me know, it looks like this rooting metod doesn't work for FI22, for some reason blocks the 3G and I don't know what else....

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium

Upvote 0
The system update FI22 is out... (Boost Mobile GS2)

Problems if you have FH29 rooted and want to update to FI22:

I'm running now the FH29 and tried to update it to the newest version (FI22) but that gave me an error that didn't surprise me because I'm rooted.
I did a Nandroid backup before anything....
I went back to stock and did both updates FH29 and FI22, then I rooted the phone (flashed Agat and then Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip), everything seemed ok until I realized the 3G wasn't working no matter what I tried. I flashed my Nandroid backup on top of this without results. Finally, I went back to stock again, updated to FH29, and flashed my Nandroid backup and everything is working now... (without FI22)

If anyone has a solution for this let me know, it looks like this rooting metod doesn't work for FI22, for some reason blocks the 3G and I don't know what else....

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium

Interesting. I guess for the time being if you want root don't update.

Upvote 0
ok last week i rooted my phone boost mobile sgs2 useing guyphs guide on this page again thanks guyphs. Now i have another problem. I since have installed titanium backup and liked it, so I installed titanium pro . Today since I had both installed on my phone i uninstalled the regular version. and reboot. Now I am stuck in boot mode, I made a nandroid before a couple of days ago at the advice of guyphs, when i installed titanium pro. I went to recovery mode , first thing i did was restore backup no luck still stuck, then i preformed a systems recovery because I have already made a backup on titanium pro. But still stuck in boot (samsung galaxy s2) is what appears on the screen .......Please help, i know someone knowes what to do. thanks in advance

Upvote 0
yes I have come to that conclusion about both titanium installs. I have just reinstalled guyphs guide still the same but i do have a yellow triangle on boot screen. what now . i dont think my phone is bricked. I understand that titanium is pretty much running my phone so when i uninstalled it thats what went wrong, I even went online on my pc and installed titanium with no luck. should i run the guide again(guyphs guide) Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Ok when i booted into download mode before when i reinstalled guyphs guide i noticed that the AGAT kernal was not their, also 0 binary, after i reinstalled guyphs guide i now see AGAT kernal and a costume binary. and like i said before i now have a yellow triangle on boot screen . So it should be up and running but no go. who knows ...thanks in advanced

Upvote 0
yes I have come to that conclusion about both titanium installs. I have just reinstalled guyphs guide still the same but i do have a yellow triangle on boot screen. what now . i dont think my phone is bricked. I understand that titanium is pretty much running my phone so when i uninstalled it thats what went wrong, I even went online on my pc and installed titanium with no luck. should i run the guide again(guyphs guide) Thanks in advance

The yellow triangle means that you installed a no official rom or system restore... You will be able to clear it out by installing "triangle away" from the market. BTW unistalling titanium should have nothing to do with the system not booting, so that's weird.
AND Titanium does Not run your or any phone.
What do you mean you installed titanium From your PC?
You reinstalled the "guide" again and isn't working?

Upvote 0
I went to my pc to titanium and to see if could reinstall it from their, dint think it would work though. yep i reinstalled the guide again does not work. like i said before when i uninstalled titanium one and reboot then it was stuck in boot screen. Sooooo what now?

Ok... I don't undestand you.. Titanium backup is not a pc program, what do you mean with you went to titanium in your pc?
Ok I think you should download the stock system and flash it in odin (pc). If you don't have the file google boost mobile GS2 FG31... (over 500mb) That's the original rom that ships with the Galaxy S 2 from Boost Mobile... It will erase everything and your cell will boot like the day you bought it....
I did it to my cell too, so it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones