• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*Root the Slide & Other HTC Devices*6/15/2010* How-To Updated 6/29/2010

cool cool! sorry to come off like a douche. i've just seen this question so many times on so many forums that i guess i'm jaded. all i would say is please make sure you truly understand whats happening and feel comfortable with it so that you can minimize risk to your phone, thats really all i was saying.

Upvote 0
aight. totally figures that the ONE day it's TOTALLY dead at work and I'm finally inspired to root my slide, XDA has been down for HOURS!!! =L

ADB recognizes my phone fine, I get all the way to step 7 but can't get it to acknowledge that the phone is in recovery (just continues to say that the device is offline even after I plug the cable back in). And yeah, ADB IS working properly... it recognizes the device whilst it's powered on.

I'm assuming this has something to do that it's running the 1.35.531.1 firmware and that I need to see the "root the slide w/ any software" thread but I can't because XDA is down =L anyone have another link to the newer methods hosted by someone other than XDA they can share with me? I've been searching for about an hour now and am about to lose my sanity ha ha.

Upvote 0
H=HSDPA or 3G+ (slower than HSPA+ but faster than 3G)
3G=HSUPA or standard 3G

these are both part of the HSPA family of data transfer. many custom roms utilize this as do most HTC firmwares, including the HD2, but for some reason is not used in the stock espresso rom. also when in HSPA+ (tmo's new high speed network) areas you shold see a H since the slide does not use HSPA+ but can utilize some of it's faster speeds.

3G = up to 5.76 Mbit/s
H = up to 7.2 and 14.0 Mbit/s
HSPA+ = up to 56 Mbit/s (tmo's is currently a theoretical 21 Mbit/s)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones