• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting and Warranty question

yankies90

Jun 3, 2010
Hi,
It's my first time thinking about rooting my evo.
It has been great for a year and I feel like my phone needs to step-up this time.
I have read through instruction and saw it said rooting will void it's warranty.
I purchased my phone from BB with BB warranty on the phone.
I want to know if there's anyway I can unroot after I root my phone, so they can't detect that I have rooted.
If someone can tell me how to...
I will appreciate !

Thank You

yeah i had to take my phone in because it would reboot randomly for no reason. so i unrooted and had them take a look at it and they gave me a refurbished one which i then was rooted in like ten minutes or so. it is a super easy process and the sprint techs could not tell the difference. so i would not worry about your phone and warranty and such rooting your phone. it is pretty super hard to brick your phone. i think that the rewards to being rooted definitely out weighs the risks of bricking your phone. sooo go ahed and get your root on!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones