• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Help

I am trying to root my girlfriends phone. However I keep running into issues with the htcdevs site. phone is running .218 hboot, 2.3.5 android version, and software 5.07.651.1 710RD. If anyone would be able to help with a teamviewer session I would greatly appreciate it, and also donate to the dev of their choice. I have had experience with samsung and Motorola, but this thing is a totally different breed of beast lol.

I am trying to root my girlfriends phone. However I keep running into issues with the htcdevs site. phone is running .218 hboot, 2.3.5 android version, and software 5.07.651.1 710RD. If anyone would be able to help with a teamviewer session I would greatly appreciate it, and also donate to the dev of their choice. I have had experience with samsung and Motorola, but this thing is a totally different breed of beast lol.
I don't know what teamviewer is but what issues are you having?

Upvote 0
I don't know what teamviewer is but what issues are you having?

Well I got the bootloader unlocked finally lol. The problem I am into now is that I cant find out how to root the device or install a recovery. Ive been looking at the root guide itself but im not finding anything in there about how to do either one of these.

Also teamviewer is an application that you use on a PC to work on someones computer from a different one. Ive done it to root others phones and fix general issues. Pretty secure system, if they get into something that you dont want them into you can instantly freeze and disconnect their connection.

Upvote 0
Well I got the bootloader unlocked finally lol. The problem I am into now is that I cant find out how to root the device or install a recovery. Ive been looking at the root guide itself but im not finding anything in there about how to do either one of these.

Also teamviewer is an application that you use on a PC to work on someones computer from a different one. Ive done it to root others phones and fix general issues. Pretty secure system, if they get into something that you dont want them into you can instantly freeze and disconnect their connection.
Are you following this guide?
Just click on the "show" of htc dev method and more options will come up as to recovery etc.
Glad you got your bootloader unlocked...you are almost there!!!:D

Upvote 0
Are you following this guide?
Just click on the "show" of htc dev method and more options will come up as to recovery etc.
Glad you got your bootloader unlocked...you are almost there!!!:D

Just found that one when i got the notification that you posted it lol

Thanks for the help if I run into anything else ill repost on this thread XD

Edit: Got it all flashed and working, not as difficult as i first anticipated, just more processes to work through. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
NICE!!!!!!!!!!! glad it worked. i love your reason for the edit. and you are wrong. he is not boss, MIckey is bada$$:D
well.....all I gotta say is....
tn.jpg
:D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones