• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

k i moved it to the sd card rebooted into bootloader it say the file and read it but it didnt ask my any thing or to do any thing what shoul di do

it says when loading sd card it says

sd checking...
loading... PC36DIAG.ZIP
No image
loading... PC36DIA.UBH
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
loading. PC36IMG .ZIP

THAT GOSE AWAY AND IT SAYS AFTER THAT

CHECKING PC36IMG

AND THAT GOSE AWAY AND NOTHING AFTER THAT

Hmm, something didnt go right then. You sure the download was the right file?

Are you sure the commands got entered correctly? You didnt get any errors?

as far as i know i did rember i have never done this before so i dont see it as you do .

so what are my choices to do can i start over

it idid every thing it was supose to do up to the step 14 and 14

how ever i can start over if that is a opt. and give you step by setp on what i am doing and what it is doing on the cmd screen if that well help

I rooted long before this method was available, so I'm learning this as you do.

You should just be able to start over without any issues

so can i just redo the cmd from the command widnow or do i need to remove the files from my sd card and start over
I would leave the 2 files on your sd card.
Make sure you installed htc sync.
Make sure you do step 3.
If you have all files in the proper places and everything downloaded, you can proceed with step 5.

k guys i have redone the intire thing and still dont get the last part of it i get to step 16 and when i do step 16 it dose not ask me any thing and still says locked down and still is s-on so what can i be doing wrong

and i have made sure that the 2 files that was put on to the sd card are not in any other folder the are at the bottom of the list thow

what do you mean by adding a extra .zip how woul di check that because i renamed it as what the step 14 said to rename them

and the 2 files that was add to the sd card was that file and a su folder they are bothed ziped thow and in preve messages i was told not to unzip them so i have not

and again when i went threw this the second time after double checking evey thing files that was d/l and other commands that still repeaded the same thing when the bootloader stared it say sthis as i typed befor

sd checking...
loading... PC36DIAG.ZIP
No image
loading... PC36DIA.UBH
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
loading. PC36IMG .ZIP

THAT GOSE AWAY AND IT SAYS AFTER THAT

CHECKING PC36IMG

AND THAT GOSE AWAY AND NOTHING AFTER THAT

i have noticed thow that every time my phone reboots thow during the steps is that i get a message on the phone that says

unable to find htc sync on your pc. please make sure that htc syn is instailed and opened on your computer. you can instail htc syn from the sd card by mounting it to your pc or you can download it from HTC Support Center. aspx . note for winedows only

if this also helps

should i go threw it again and tell you what it says after i enter each command
The PC36IMG file you downloaded from post 38 stays zipped, just renamed.
If you renamed this on your computer, do not add the extra .zip. Windows hides those .zip extensions already, so if you used your windows computer and renamed it "PC36IMG.zip" you inadvertently added the extra .zip.
As far as the 2 files, flash_image and mtd-eng files, unzip both of those and take the files from those 2 and put those on sd card.
Put all 3 files on sd card when instructed... flash_image, mtd-eng, and PC36IMG.zip. not in any folder.
If you want to check if you renamed the PC36IMG file correctly, you can use a file explorer such as ES File Explorer available in the Market. (Play Store)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...id.pop&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Back
Top Bottom