• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

yes i am

and let me ask this again sents i am having this probe when i get to step 14 with the pc3 file and the phone when it dose the booting and says

sd checking...
loading... PC36DIAG.ZIP
No image
loading... PC36DIA.UBH
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
loading. PC36IMG .ZIP

could there be a prob with the file that i got from 4shared

is there any other place to d/l it

and n ow i tryed to go back to 4share to find the file again and now it says they dotn have the file it is not found

this must be a conspericy

Doing HTC DEV Does not prevent you from getting service through sprint or the insurance company. It voids your 1 year HTC warranty that nobody really ever uses.

so i dhould just do the devo meth an be done with it

and is there a place were i can view that what you just said

and if i do the dev meth that wops my phone right cuz i have ot flash a su or a custom rom withc means at this time i would lose what i got

so i dhould just do the devo meth an be done with it

and is there a place were i can view that what you just said

and if i do the dev meth that wops my phone right cuz i have ot flash a su or a custom rom withc means at this time i would lose what i got

Here is info on the policy....but as Rx said, it just voids the warranty from htc which no one really uses....
Dear Sprint, thanks for the memo!-Acsyndicate | Acsyndicate
If you do the HTC Dev method, yes it will wipe your phone so save anything you need ...see the guide...
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

I would do the htc dev method.:)

k i was reading the dev meth it says this

and yes with this method, you will be able to flash roms, kernels and such though you will still have s-on. once the bootloader is unlocked all you need to do is have a custom recovery and either flash a custom rom or flash the su (superuser) file and then you are good to go

so my question is this what is teh diff between the cus rom and the superuser file

k i was reading the dev meth it says this

and yes with this method, you will be able to flash roms, kernels and such though you will still have s-on. once the bootloader is unlocked all you need to do is have a custom recovery and either flash a custom rom or flash the su (superuser) file and then you are good to go

so my question is this what is teh diff between the cus rom and the superuser file
A custom rom is a rom such as MikG or Decks Reloaded etc.
You probably are on a stock rom which you can stay on.
The super user zip allows root access for some root apps.
You will need that, and it's no big deal to flash the super user zip.
Custom roms usually include superuser, so if you want to stay on stock rom, you will need the su zip.

k the stock would be for my wife thow nto me i guess she liek the fuctionality of it it is quick an eazy for her she just want to to have all the ectra atpp that come preloaded on it that one reason i was looking into this rooting thing and i want the advace stuff that you get with rooting so i dont now i am kinda turned off on this now sent i have done this try to get the taco one to work an it is not

k the stock would be for my wife thow nto me i guess she liek the fuctionality of it it is quick an eazy for her she just want to to have all the ectra atpp that come preloaded on it that one reason i was looking into this rooting thing and i want the advace stuff that you get with rooting so i dont now i am kinda turned off on this now sent i have done this try to get the taco one to work an it is not
Don't let it get ya down....maybe wait a few days, recompose yourself and meanwhile read up on it then go for it.
We will all be here and I personally have done the HTCdev method, so, I've been there, done that. Just read carefully. k?:)

well i have redownloaded the pc3 file so i think i well give this wone last try and as i do it i well give you all kinda step by step to let you know whats going on sent you have not done this one befor then at least you know if i am on the right path

wish some one had doen it befor

well i have redownloaded the pc3 file so i think i well give this wone last try and as i do it i well give you all kinda step by step to let you know whats going on sent you have not done this one befor then at least you know if i am on the right path

wish some one had doen it befor
o.k...if I don't answer right away, I'm at work and I am floating between my desk and the furnace outside (it's HOT outside):D

k was reading up on the dev meth in it uses a pc36img meth and the file is that the same file as the one i am having trouble with in the taco

and if it is can i d/l that one from the dev meth an use it on the taco mabe that would fix my issue with this file

k was reading up on the dev meth in it uses a pc36img meth and the file is that the same file as the one i am having trouble with in the taco

and if it is can i d/l that one from the dev meth an use it on the taco mabe that would fix my issue with this file
Are you looking at the "How to get recovery" section?
If so, no it is not the same. Don't use that in Taco Root method...not the same.

k if i send a link to you can you tel me if that is the same file then for taco or it is for somthing eles ''

here is the link

Dev-Host - PC36IMG_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

sents i am trying ot find other places other then 4shard to get the file to see if it is just the file they have is bad
It appears to be the same thing. It's named the exact same thing, so I would assume so

out of curiosity what size card do you have? if it is a 2g card, that is most likely why you are having issues. and to be sure when you did the taco root method, did the outputs match with what is in the guide (the steps for downgrading your misc partition, steps 11-13)?

what happens when you enter the adb shell command?

well guys i am back for a second an my power wend off last night and my pc shut down an i lost most of the convo so if you guys could fill me in ot were we last posted that woudl be great so i now wer eto start in stead of starting over

k i ws just checkin mikestony cuz it says it ws lab for cabt throw back so i didnt want otmess up some more if i have beeen

dose the size of my sd card have to do with the phone reeading an not doing step 14 thew 14 on the taco meth
Quite possible....shut off phone, pull battery and pull sd card.
What size card is it and what class?
It should say something like 8GB class 4, or something like that.
The class designation will have a number like 2,4,6,8,10 with a circle around it.
Like ocn said, it may cause issues.
Go back to ocn's post..he also asked you a couple other questions.
The more answers we have, the better.
:)

as ar as what i can rember from last time i did it it didi match the show part on that step were it say it should match the pic and you click show and shows what the cmd should say

and i realy dont have that much time this moring ot tak emy phone apart case is a real ----- to put back on my wife would be easer would it mater between me an here we got the exsact same phone and baught them exact same time and every thing i can tell you t the card space from the phone

phone says it si a total space on card is 7.39gb

well gain that is the file i am having probs with i can get al the way up to 16 then when it phoen reboots to the bootloader it dont ask the question i have posted what the bootloader tells me if that helps

Back
Top Bottom