• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

i have noticed thow that every time my phone reboots thow during the steps is that i get a message on the phone that says

unable to find htc sync on your pc. please make sure that htc syn is instailed and opened on your computer. you can instail htc syn from the sd card by mounting it to your pc or you can download it from HTC Support Center. aspx . note for winedows only

if this also helps
Did you install HTC Sync?

yes i did download an instail the htc sync

these are the files that have been placed on the sd card from this process

pc3img and no there is not a extra .zip now this file is compressed and zipped.

this file has 15,577kb

su-2.3.1-bin-signed thsi file is compressed and zipped it has 0kb how ever ths file dose nto have to days date on it

mtd-eng.img this is a img file and it has 640kb

flash_image thsi is a file and it has 75kb

and on the htc sync part dose it need to be running the who time cause that is nto in the steps it just say to download it an instail it

yes i did download an instail the htc sync

these are the files that have been placed on the sd card from this process

pc3img and no there is not a extra .zip now this file is compressed and zipped.

this file has 15,577kb

su-2.3.1-bin-signed thsi file is compressed and zipped it has 0kb how ever ths file dose nto have to days date on it

mtd-eng.img this is a img file and it has 640kb

flash_image thsi is a file and it has 75kb

That sounds/looks correct.

and on the htc sync part dose it need to be running the who time cause that is nto in the steps it just say to download it an instail it
No it does not have to be running, I think it needed to be downloaded for the drivers.
Just a curious question, is your current hboot 2.18?
Edit: nevermind, I just went back to your post 15 and looked

k so i am a a lost end what can i do the only thing i can do is go threw the commands and as i do them give you the reply to the camands as i enter them

k so i am a a lost end what can i do the only thing i can do is go threw the commands and as i do them give you the reply to the camands as i enter them
No need to do that as it should look like what is in the original post of the Taco Root guide.
I know you are frustrated and I can understand that, heck, you've been at this for at least a day now.:(
I can only say, take a deep breath, slowly re-read the instructions.
I personally have not used the Taco Root method but I have that guide pulled up on another tab on my computer trying to go thru it with you.
It seems like you get stuck at step 14...(Edit: sorry step 16, not 14)
I am trying to understand what could be the issue here, believe me, I want this to work for you and when it does, you will be pleased. :)
I cant ask you if you did every step and I cant ask you if you downloaded every needed file, our posts would be a mile long.
But so far, it seems you are doing everything correctly, but step 16 is a stumbling block for some reason.
Dont worry, relax and we will figure this out...we ALL will. k?:)

well i do thank you but it is frustration and i dont know what eles to do if you have any ideas other then you just reading as i do or if any one eles dose please fell free to jump in

you know if any one eles has had this prob

just jumping in here, haven't read or done the taco root method, and not sure about this, but, in every application I have had of the htc sync thing, they want us to dl and install it to get the drivers but then uninstall it, itself, leaving the drivers...

after that, it is a good idea to reboot the pc and phone and see if they gee haw.

I spent a day messing with the )()(*)(*)(* (supposed to be a cuss word) drivers trying to get the LTE rooted.

rolled me in the dirt!

does it say to do that in this method as well and have you?

edit: well, I did read now and it says you are supposed to have it and have it open, scratch that, sorry! still check the device manager though. maybe run the htc installer again?

what meth have you used
I rooted back in January before all these updates...it was a lot easier...I used Revolutionary.
I then rooted another Evo 4g back in May and used the HTCDEV method then Capt Throwbacks method.

Just another question about renaming that file.....You should have no spaces in it...
Should look like this PC36IMG.zip
Not this PC36IMG .zip

just jumping in here, haven't read or done the taco root method, and not sure about this, but, in every application I have had of the htc sync thing, they want us to dl and install it to get the drivers but then uninstall it, itself, leaving the drivers...

after that, it is a good idea to reboot the pc and phone and see if they gee haw.

I spent a day messing with the )()(*)(*)(* (supposed to be a cuss word) drivers trying to get the LTE rooted.

rolled me in the dirt!

does it say to do that in this method as well and have you?
Ya know, I was thinking that also, but it says nothing about that at all.
So I didn't mention it as to not cause anymore confusion

sents i have nto finished the root or redoing the hboot and every thing is the same can i stop this and use my phone and pick this up in the moring then i well try gain and copy an past every thing in the comand as i do it and then that way when i t stops again in the moring as it has twice already then you an go threw everything on here as i well be at work to marrrow and this well give you an every one eles to look an put your thoughts to gather

i know i am not much help but at this point you guys know way more then i do

sents i have nto finished the root or redoing the hboot and every thing is the same can i stop this and use my phone and pick this up in the moring then i well try gain and copy an past every thing in the comand as i do it and then that way when i t stops again in the moring as it has twice already then you an go threw everything on here as i well be at work to marrrow and this well give you an every one eles to look an put your thoughts to gather

i know i am not much help but at this point you guys know way more then i do

Thats how we all learn! We'll have another go at this tomorrow or sometime.;)
No worries, when it's all done, we'll look back and laugh...(maybe)

and to the file being named i have not put the .zip at the end because it say not to in step and you have say that there is not to be a .zip at the end an d now you are adding it

and to the device manager i have nto checked it but i can how ever it every part of the steps work an i get to that point to were it reads it on the sd card as it checks it an then dose nothing no question or any thing as i have stated befor

and to the file being named i have not put the .zip at the end because it say not to in step and you have say that there is not to be a .zip at the end an d now you are adding it

and to the device manager i have nto checked it but i can how ever it every part of the steps work an i get to that point to were it reads it on the sd card as it checks it an then dose nothing no question or any thing as i have stated befor
You are correct, no extra zip. The reason I asked that is because in your post 61, it appears there is a space in the PC36IMG. Maybe it was a typo....I'm just making sure that's all.

"sd checking...
loading... PC36DIAG.ZIP
No image
loading... PC36DIA.UBH
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
loading. PC36IMG .ZIP"

You're fine. lol

I went ahead and gave this its own thread since this was no longer about OTA's and the ability to gain root.

If you sleep on it and can't get it tomorrow, I would go ahead and go with plan B and do HTC DEV

You ARE doing the required step of booting into recovery first right? Thats a very important step even though you don't do anything there.

well thankd for moving the thread sorry yea i went way of the subject in that room guess price you pay for getting up set .

i had a thought could the file tha ti have d/l from the 4share site could that be a bad file and need to re d/l it again or is there a nother place i can get it

yes i do i hallowed it all and as from you seen it stop at the last frew steps starting with 14

but le tme ask this then it seams that the hang up could be with the pc3 file so sents it says this as i have said be for

sd checking...
loading... PC36DIAG.ZIP
No image
loading... PC36DIA.UBH
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
loading. PC36IMG .ZIP

which gose to my other post i mead with the other 2 questions could this file be bad or wrong from 4share sent it say loading pc36diag.zip no image and the no image or wrong image

woud not like to to the dev method unless i had to realy do it i knwo i dont have a waranty on this phone but have insur threw sprint

corse i gess if i brake it were tehy cant see any thing that would mater but then i have to do this all over again

To quote rx in his post # 70---
"
You ARE doing the required step of booting into recovery first right? Thats a very important step even though you don't do anything there. "

Did you do this?^^^^^^^^^^

You can root via HTC dev method and if you have a problem and need to bring it back to sprint, I believe they have a newer policy about rooted phones.
I'll try to find it and post it.
;)

Back
Top Bottom