• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

k now it say that this adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --undo

is not found and it has never done that befor

did you do it in the right folder?

no mine dose not have the $ and dose not have the su after it but the screen shows it in there on the instructions
i know. what you see is what was entered.
so the first line after *deamon started successfully* , the next prompt will be $ and to make sure that taco root took su was entered and that is why you see:
Code:
$  su

the next following lines will be
Code:
su
and
Code:
#
after the # (which is what you want to see) then you can enter the commands.

just trying to explain what you see on the screen.

so the first part is ok for you as you have the # which means you have root access and can now downgrade the misc partition.

well i have done nothing wrong this time put every comand in and re ded the commands still says that it is not found when i get to step 13 and i have check to make sure i have the file an the file is in the right spot and it is on bouth counts

after the # sign, you need not type in adb shell, just type /data/local/tacoroot.sh --undo
you previous screenshot, as ocn said looks good
just type the /data/local/tacoroot.sh --undo
after the # sign

actually you need to have adb shell in the taco root undo command.

k i gain i did it with it to an now it say adb not found

man gusy this is my 3rd day doing this is it this hard always

it never sayd that befor and now it is al of a suden

k i gain i did it with it to an now it say adb not found

man gusy this is my 3rd day doing this is it this hard always

no, but with each new ota's it will always get harder to root the phone as the previous exploit used to root the phone will get closed up. there have been plenty of ota's for the evo so rooting now is much more involved. we used to have an app that gave you temp root!!!!

k i am back an d now i am going ot go forward with step 14 putting the pc36 file on now

but have a quick question as i was starting over this moring had noticed even thow i had removed the pc36 file off of my sd card has the bootloader started if was tryin got run it any thoughts on that

k i am back an d now i am going ot go forward with step 14 putting the pc36 file on now

but have a quick question as i was starting over this moring had noticed even thow i had removed the pc36 file off of my sd card has the bootloader started if was tryin got run it any thoughts on that

that is normal. the bootloader is programmed to search for certain files, mainly the PC36IMG file.

k i redownloaded that file from 4shared again and renamed it so i well try it again befor i try the one that capt. throwback has that i found on that link that i provied

k i remaned the file as directed

PC36IMG

i have copied it to the sd card now and starting thr reboot in to the bootloader i have loso made sure that the file is on root it is not in any folder what so ever

no it dose nto say to changed the phone to any other setting after i put it on disk drive an copy the file so i need to leave it on disk drive right

actually your guys are right. i judt realized that steps 5 and 6 are backwards. it does need to be setup as charge only and usb debugging turned on.

no what ia m saying is that i am picking up on step 14 it says this

14.rename the pc36img_supersonic_s_sprint_wwe_3.70.651.1_radio_2 .15.00.11.19_nv_1.90_release_161482_signed file that you downloaded earlier to PC36IMG. do not add an extra zip as windows by default hides extensions

which i i did

now step 15 and 16 say this

15.on your phone switch it back to disk drive and transfer the PC36IMG file over to the root of the sd card.

16.power off the phone and then press and hold power+vol down. this will get you to the bootloader. if you named the file correctly and if you have it on the root of the card (not in any folder) then the bootloader should see it and ask you to update. select yes

so my question was it say nothing about changing it back off of disk drive to charge only or any other setting for that mater so do i leave it on disk drive

Well when you restart the phone it automatically unmounts the sd card from the computer and is in charge only mode.

For some reason your device doesn't want to accept the pc36img file. You have it named right and in the right location but it won't take it.

At this point I'd honestly do HTC dev if you are still interested in rooting.

omg it fily is taking it it asked me if i wanted to up date an i said yes it is and it starting a ceck list and the number one ched off as ok and then it powered off and is restarting the boatloader again

Back
Top Bottom