• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

k sent step 1 says to factory reset phoen as recomm

can i skip that sent is already done from the unlocking the bootloader form the taco

no it wants me to in step to reformate my sd card recomm

my question is do i need ot do thsi because the flash image and the mtd emg image that i put on during the taco proccess i well lose that and the pc3 as well well this hurt my phone or undo what i just didi

k sent step 1 says to factory reset phoen as recomm

can i skip that sent is already done from the unlocking the bootloader form the taco

no it wants me to in step to reformate my sd card recomm

my question is do i need ot do thsi because the flash image and the mtd emg image that i put on during the taco proccess i well lose that and the pc3 as well well this hurt my phone or undo what i just didi

all of those are not completely necessary, but just recommendations. i used unrevoked and i follow those steps. but that is up to you. i backed my card up to the pc and reformatted it. also you do not need the misc and image files any more. also please delete the PC36IMG file from the sd card. you will not need that any more.

na if ia m staring over with the phone i guess to be safe better start over with that i just wanted my music so i have laready saved it

and then there is this google vfile that seams to contan my contacts in it

well i would back up all of your sd card's content to your computer. that way you have a backup.

also you should have you contacts saved under google anyways. that way when you sign in all of your contacts will be sync'ed to your phone.

no any stuff that is on your card you can back it up, reformat the card, then copy the contents back to the card. your phone will be fine. in fact you can even pull out the sd card and the phone will work just fine (you might not be able to save stuff).

and sents the phone was reset then i have no apps i want to save so then i can just skip step 3 then right

as well as step 4 sent my phone ws reset unrevked well not be on there and it is not on my pc i already erased that last tiem i tryed to do this just by doing that and it told me my hbool was to new so i can go forth then

and sents the phone was reset then i have no apps i want to save so then i can just skip step 3 then right

as well as step 4 sent my phone ws reset unrevked well not be on there and it is not on my pc i already erased that last tiem i tryed to do this just by doing that and it told me my hbool was to new so i can go forth then

yes, proceed onward.

k now dose this step apply to me because of what is says

STEP 2: Installing Drivers (WINDOWS ONLY - MAC USERS DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS)
- Remove any previously installed Drivers that you may have installed for any other ROOTing purposes.
- Go to the unrevoked website (public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki])
- Download the unrevoked modified USB driver (android-usb-driver.zip)
- Save the file to the Desktop of your computer.
- UnZip the files to the Desktop of your computer.
- Follow the instructions as carefully as you can.

(Important Note: for some reason, my phone didn

sorry for got ot ask this as well cuz it say you can do it iether way do i need ot keep syn or not

STEP 8: Removing HTC Sync
Go into the Control Panel of your computer and uninstall all HTC related software. This will help preventing any HTC software from accessing your device while it is being ROOTED so there is less chance of anything going wrong.

(NOTE: HTC Sync may actually help you ROOT your device if you run into problems.
Download: HTC SYNC - 38.9 MB
Install it, run the program, then uninstall it. All you really want HTC SYNC for is the Drivers.)

STEP 2: Installing Drivers (WINDOWS ONLY - MAC USERS DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS)
- Remove any previously installed Drivers that you may have installed for any other ROOTing purposes.

Back
Top Bottom