• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF, root, & Fix Everything All-in-One!

Success with the midnight rom and gapps.....your a great teacher!! Took me 11 hours to s-off my evo v and did it on second try this time.....all in one night am running Jellybean rom.

Still playing around with it, but like this Midnight rom better. Dude added some tweaks like max battery life, kernel tuner, cpu tweaker and others that make phone run great.

I'm getting rid of my first evo v to co-worker, but she just wants stock rom and the ics/sense 3.6. Like would get out of the box. I got the stock rom thing down okay.

But how do I get the s-off back to s-on. Looking for posts and youtube videos, but says its for using revolutionary. I'm not sure if that matters, far as changing back.

We'll with props to Brian706, you just do the fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

and reboot boot loader and tada...back to s-on.

I did after stock ruu and hboot 1.57 and relocked at the top.
The "relocked" bootloader status is a flag to HTC/Sprint that the phone was unlocked and modified. It's possible to reset that flag with a zip file but that won't work once you are S-ON. That's one of the reasons why users here are advising you to flash the RUU but keep S-OFF for now.

ramjet73

Probably should have ran by you experts first. I did show hboot 1.57, as you pointed out in "Restoring My Evo V Back to the Way It was When I Bought It". Guess will test it out later, have a good HTC paper weight.

I followed your guide which btw was awesome and it definetely helped me out but after the last step My Hboot says JuopunutBear at the top my hboot is 1.50.5050 but my radio is 1.06.00.0426. Is this supposed to happen??

I followed your guide which btw was awesome and it definetely helped me out but after the last step My Hboot says JuopunutBear at the top my hboot is 1.50.5050 but my radio is 1.06.00.0426. Is this supposed to happen??

The Hboot is correct, But for some reason the radio update didnt take. You may have to flash the updated radio firmware.

No, your radio should be 1.09.00.0108... try flashing the "fix" file again.

Oh jeez this is what I got

sending 'zip' (11932 KB)... OKAY
writing 'zip'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)

Oh wow i feel dumb, no i didn't but i did the first time not sure why i had this problem, but now it worked and the cmd stopped flashing the update and now my phone is just sitting at the black HTC screen with the green bar at the end should i boot it back into bootloader or just let it sit?

Oh thank god it worked I can't thank you enough for this thread I'm successfully S-OFF-ed (lol) and I'm about to flash Aliendroid. I had heard about getting S-OFF being such a tedious process but you really helped me out, this is way easier than I thought.

So enjoying trying to learn how to flash different roms, and the whole process here. No issues with no liking a rom. But there was Cyanogen 10.1, now on this Midnight rom. Any others that are "Jellybean Rom's", that can recommend. Those the two most popular one's only??

That's correct. If you follow the above directions through, you'll have everything in joe_blow's thread. The only difference between the file I have you flash and the one he has you flash is that the recovery has been removed (because you'll have flashed it already), and that my instructions do not give you "options" along the way -- I've found that this just confuses people.

I'm happy that you like the guide. Please let me know if it helps you, or if you have any trouble getting through it!

I followed the tutorial and got juopunutbear, got S-OFF, but my radio wasn't what you said I should have...but I was able to install the Harmonia ROM you linked, and rebooted into it, went through all the first boot procedures, everything works fine.

About phone shows:
Hardware version: 0002
Software version: Harmonia 3.17

Software information
Android version: 4.0.3
HTC Sense version: 3.6
Software version: Harmonia 3.17

More
Kernel version 3.0.16-g4211684
Baseband version (I assume is the Radio): 1.06.00.0426
Build number: 1.13.652.2_R2 CL372137 release-keys

What does the Radio do? Should I be concerned with not having the same radio version as you said I should?

Back
Top Bottom