• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Coming to VM in November 2012!

Music is a hobby. Gaming is a hobby. Both of these take up a lot of memory if you're really into it.

It's nice to have an expandable memory just in case you want to put more data on your phone. Apple makes 64gb iPhones, if they didn't sell, they would have stopped producing them.

500gb external storage is the answer

$369.99? The 16GB Nexus 4 is $350.00. This is a rip off! Unless you're a REALLY big Samsung fan, I can't imagine why you'd want this over a phone with specs twice as good AND cheaper.

There is a t-mobile samsung galaxy s2 with a 30$ plan card included for 330$. So it's basically the phone for 300$ and the card for 30$ and it's still cheaper than virgin's samsung s2 :D

I'm getting it. I don't want the nexus because of unexpandable storage and non removable battery. I also use more than 100 minutes but less than 300. Virgin just works for me in my area and I'm completely satisfied.

Totally getting the N⁴. 16 is enough for me. Might actually start using dropbox and Google drive now lol

I want first dibs on new OS's

Totally getting the N⁴. 16 is enough for me. Might actually start using dropbox and Google drive now lol

I want first dibs on new OS's

Same. I mean I already use Drive for my documents. Google Music for my music. So the 16GB over isn't that bad. I mean on rare occasions I may go over 100 mins but I can use GVoice+GrooveIP.

And yes the price will go down but not that much. Also I'll get 4G with T-Mobile :3 Well HSPA+ if I get a N⁴. But it will still be faster then VM speeds.

You guys seem to overlook a lot when you critique plans and phone prices.

Online storage is great, until you don't have any data left or you are in a no service area. All told, I'm using a total of 15gigs storage.

Also, while T-Mobile may have a cheaper plan, it's only cheaper for some people. For me, T-Mobile would raise my rate to $50 a month by the time I got the data and minutes I need. I only pay $35 now, so while a Nexus 4 might be nice (no thank you), the problem is minutes vs. data and the carrier itself (who has terrible coverage at my house).

Oh, and T-Mobile doesn't really have 4g (no one really does), it's boosted 3g (sometimes called 3g+). And you can;t always count on those better speeds. Just like coverage, speeds vary a lot as well. Some places you get better coverage and speeds with one, and in others you get better speeds and coverage with another.

Nice phones are nice, but if all you get is 1x speeds, or no coverage at all, what's the point.

Some places you get better coverage and speeds with one, and in others you get better speeds and coverage with another.

Nice phones are nice, but if all you get is 1x speeds, or no coverage at all, what's the point.

This is why I like living in Vegas, great coverage from all of the major carriers ;P

the s2 is outdated

Although this is true, it is still a very great phone. The iPhone 4 and 4S are now considered outdated, but are still considered great phones(by Apple fans, hell, even me, a non-Apple fan). I'd personally love an S2.

Would I pay nearly $400 after taxes for it though? No. But I wouldn't pay $400 for any phone because I'm poor.

I'll stick with my Evo until I get a better job or when the Galaxy Reverb goes down in price. On the plus side, the Radio Interface errors will be fixed in a couple weeks when they send out the scheduled update, so I'll be happy with my phone.

No s2 for me because my EVO already has all its features but a better display. Not to mention sense looks way better than touch wiz and the fancy 3D that makes your phone unique.

Does anyone know how much internal storage the Galaxy s2 will have on Virgin Mobile? I am reading about 16GB and 32GB versions for other carriers but it also notes about two SD card slots with one being treated as internal storage and the other as external storage.

The Motorola Triumph I am using now has a little under 2GB usable and I am curious how much internal storage the Galaxy s2 will have.. if anyone even knows yet.

Does anyone know how much internal storage the Galaxy s2 will have on Virgin Mobile? I am reading about 16GB and 32GB versions for other carriers but it also notes about two SD card slots with one being treated as internal storage and the other as external storage.

The Motorola Triumph I am using now has a little under 2GB usable and I am curious how much internal storage the Galaxy s2 will have.. if anyone even knows yet.

It will probably have 16 because the S2 currently on Boost has 16. If not, we will find out for sure this Thursday!

The storage space, camera, and color (white!) are nice. I'd been wanting an S2 for so long. But at this point, I think I will likely pass. Although I don't use the 3D that often, I like to have it on my phone, and I like the sense widgets and look. The internal memory is horrible, but I'm still ok so far with most apps moved to SD, and Titanium Backup around to move whatever else I want to SD if I need to. I think I will try to hang on to my Evo V until something comes out that has specs that are worth upgrading for. I would have switched to the S2 in an instant a short time ago, before I did the s-off radio fix. But now that I finally did that, my phone has been significantly better, and for the first time in a while I don't feel like I need to run out and get a new phone.

:D

I am on USD 25 per month plan on VM USA. I would want to lose it only if Samsung Galaxy Note II arrives on VM USA.

No Galaxy SII and SIII can tempt me.

:D

One more day!

Heck yes!
I'm assuming there will be a thread for this phone tomorrow? Right now the closest I see is "Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint)".. I'm sure rooting methods will be similar to the S2 on other carriers.

Anyway, I'll be looking at the Virgin Mobile website at midnight with the F5 button ready for rapid fire LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom