• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Coming to VM in November 2012!

If I were to buy a new phone and could get this or the evo V 4g what would be the better deal?

I have the Evo V so I might be biased but I would definitely recommend the Evo for its current price of $240 on Virgin's site compared to the $360 and possibly $300 on Black Friday/Cyber Monday price tag for the S2.

This phone is on sale for $299.99 on Virgin Mobiles website today.

That has to be a record for VMU. The Triumph was discounted within 3 months. The Evo V within 2. What is it, like a day for the S2 before a $70 price drop? Or did it debut already on sale?

Rage quit life.:p

It doesn't bother me, I just don't understand what VM is trying to do. They keep ratcheting up the releases, and the sales. How can they continue that trend? And at this point, who would buy any non-sale phone from them? And if it were on sale, who would buy it knowing they will release a slightly better phone in a week or two?

This is expected in general when buying consumer electronics, but not in a timeframe of weeks or days.

I guess the upside might be that with the rate they are burning through releasing old Sprint phones, soon they will run out and have to introduce current phones with current Android OS's at 95% off.

Get a Note II for $8, and SIII for $6, or an iPhone 5 for $650.... :D

With the Black Friday sales, you could ask the same thing -- why would people pay full retail when it is so deeply discounted at Christmas?

Most of the more extreme discounts will go away in the next week. Other discounts, such as 20% off certain phones, will continue based on the inventory Virgin has and how well those phones are selling. In the case of the Evo V, I imagine either Sprint had a lot of Evo 3Ds left over or still have more phones they need to buy under their contract with HTC.

I worked in retail for a long time, and you might be surprised at how many people just buy things without shopping around at all, and just pay whatever price a particular retailer is asking for at the time. The one difference with Virgin is, many Virgin customers are specifically with them because they are value conscious, so are more likely to shop around, or wait for deals. When you start having too many sales and price reductions, you run the risk of ticking off many of your long time customers. They will also lose sales of newly released phones at full price, because some people who would have bought the phone at full price when it's first released, will wait, since they know the phone's price will be reduced fairly quickly.

Back
Top Bottom