• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Coming to VM in November 2012!

Haha, nice!

I plan on waiting until I can buy it from Best Buy. Do they get the phones pretty soon after they come out? I've got like a week till I run out of service on my account with Boost.

Heck yes!
I'm assuming there will be a thread for this phone tomorrow? Right now the closest I see is "Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint)".. I'm sure rooting methods will be similar to the S2 on other carriers.

Anyway, I'll be looking at the Virgin Mobile website at midnight with the F5 button ready for rapid fire LOL :D

Lol I doubt it'll be anything like the Nexus⁴ debacle.

Heck yes!
I'm assuming there will be a thread for this phone tomorrow? Right now the closest I see is "Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint)".. I'm sure rooting methods will be similar to the S2 on other carriers.

Anyway, I'll be looking at the Virgin Mobile website at midnight with the F5 button ready for rapid fire LOL :D

I personally, if I were to buy it, would wait a couple of weeks to see what Virgin does on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I can see some people hating themselves when they buy the S2 now for $370 and, in 10 days, it goes on sale for under $200. Don't know that Virgin will offer phones half price again but they did do it last year...

I personally, if I were to buy it, would wait a couple of weeks to see what Virgin does on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I can see some people hating themselves when they buy the S2 now for $370 and, in 10 days, it goes on sale for under $200. Don't know that Virgin will offer phones half price again but they did do it last year...

But my service runs out of the 24th and if I don't switch beforehand, I'll loose my number. Meh. Guess I'll buy another $10 worth to extend it another month before I make the switch.

But my service runs out of the 24th and if I don't switch beforehand, I'll loose my number. Meh. Guess I'll buy another $10 worth to extend it another month before I make the switch.

You won't lose your number that quick. It'll be a couple months at least.

Yes, just switch to the $35/month plan when you make your next monthly payment. Then, when you buy the S2, you can just make the switch without needing to buy a new month of service.

Virgin keeps your number/account open for 60 days after it lapses, and it's definitely goes on sale today, Was just on the phone with Sprints tech support team and they informed me that starting today 11/14 the Samsung S2 will be available on Virgin's site. No pricing info but common sense is that it'll be the same price as Boost.

Virgin keeps your number/account open for 60 days after it lapses, and it's definitely goes on sale today, Was just on the phone with Sprints tech support team and they informed me that starting today 11/14 the Samsung S2 will be available on Virgin's site. No pricing info but common sense is that it'll be the same price as Boost.

While he is aware of the phone going on sale Thursday, I pointed out that VM had a great sell Thanksgiving weekend last year. I don't know that they will equal last years discounts but, if they do, do you really want to get the phone two weeks earlier when, if you wait, you can get the phone for half the price? In any case, most people expect that VM will have a good sale that weekend (either Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or through the weekend).

So where's this fkn phone?? I see nothing about it on their site

They will probably update their site later in the day. I don't think they are even working yet because they supposedly go by PST from the looks of their website. Us East coast people just have to suck it up for now.

Got them in my store already. =]

Edit: Looks like one photo uploaded crazy. Sorry!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353001724542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353001724542.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353001733161.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353001733161.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 108
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353001743520.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353001743520.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 110
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353001757228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353001757228.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 116
While he is aware of the phone going on sale Thursday, I pointed out that VM had a great sell Thanksgiving weekend last year. I don't know that they will equal last years discounts but, if they do, do you really want to get the phone two weeks earlier when, if you wait, you can get the phone for half the price? In any case, most people expect that VM will have a good sale that weekend (either Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or through the weekend).

Last year they had the Triumph on sale for 50% off, that phone was released in June, not 2 weeks before. I'm sure that they'll have another exceptional deal, just not this phone.

Posted this in another thread but thought it might be useful here also....

Just got back from Radio Shack. They have the HTC One V for $99.99 Black Friday. They also have a "Red Hot Sale" from 11/18 - 11/21. In that one the Samsung Galaxie S II is $299.99 plus free $35 airtime. :D Both sales have coupons of $10 for every $50 spent. The Galaxie S II will get $50 in coupons. They cannot be combined so each coupon has to be used separately. :mad:

This is Virgin Mobile only. They have other sales for Boost, etc.

Posted this in another thread but thought it might be useful here also....

Just got back from Radio Shack. They have the HTC One V for $99.99 Black Friday. They also have a "Red Hot Sale" from 11/18 - 11/21. In that one the Samsung Galaxie S II is $299.99 plus free $35 airtime. :D Both sales have coupons of $10 for every $50 spent. The Galaxie S II will get $50 in coupons. They cannot be combined so each coupon has to be used separately. :mad:

This is Virgin Mobile only. They have other sales for Boost, etc.

I seen that on there web site. But, the S2 isn't on there yet. Is it in the stores? I'd rather get it from Best Buy because I like there extended warranty program. I wonder if BB price matches. But I'd definitely pick it up at $300.

I seen that on there web site. But, the S2 isn't on there yet. Is it in the stores? I'd rather get it from Best Buy because I like there extended warranty program. I wonder if BB price matches. But I'd definitely pick it up at $300.

The store I went into is a small one. They didn't even get the EVO V 3D. I doubt the phone will be available until the sale. The salesgirl did say get there early as they always sell out of these specials. BB probably will price match. Probably won't have the $35 free airtime though.

Back
Top Bottom